2013 OEM GT500 painted spoiler? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

2013 OEM GT500 painted spoiler?

So I've found the GT500 OEM spoilers online, but am not sure where or how to get it painted in the Ford UA/BLACK matching paint. Should any reputable body shop be able to give me an exact match and finish?

I'm trying to steer away from the 3dCarbon one as it requires new holes, while the OEM re-uses the existing holes.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
GT Member

Any reputable shop should be able to match the paint.

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

If you have a gt with the spoiler already there then the 3d carbon one uses the same holes. Not sure who Misled you...

2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsargent09 View Post
If you have a gt with the spoiler already there then the 3d carbon one uses the same holes. Not sure who Misled you...
I agree....

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

I guess the american muscle site is wrong? Then again this may not be the 3D Carbon one...

Quote:
Mustang GT500 Style Rear Spoiler - Pre-painted (10-13 All) - Free Shipping!
3DCarbon GT500 Style Spoiler - Unpainted (10-13 All)
Covers Factory Holes. This GT500 style rear spoiler covers the existing holes left in the trunk lid by the stock wing, and does not block the view of factory third brake light. The wing installs easily with a combination of hardware and 3M automotive bonding tape (included). Drilling of two (2) new holes is required for installation.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Apprentice

The 3Dcarbon is a nice spoiler and a bit longer and taller then the OEM spoiler. If I had to buy another one I would not have them paint the gurney flap black, I would leave it all one color since the one I got the black paint was very light with some silver showing threw and the masking for the black stripe was not that great. I just removed the black paint on mine and painted it Silver to match the rest of the spoiler and it looks way better now. On the OEM the gurney flap is a separate pc and its already black.

2016 5.0 Deep Impact Blue 300A pkg, New Orleans.
MODS: Roush axle-back exhaust, AEM DryFlow filter, Gloss Black PP wheels, Ford Racing Strut Brace.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
5POINTO

Does anybody know if the OEM GT500 spoiler bolts up to the GT/CS pedestal spoiler holes?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Okay -- I ordered the OEM GT500 spoiler from Tousleys for $231. Will find a local shop to handle the paint. Thanks all!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Does anybody know if the OEM GT500 spoiler bolts up to the GT/CS pedestal spoiler holes?
I had herd it does but you will have to plug the extra holes.

MODS: Roush axle-back exhaust, AEM DryFlow filter, Gloss Black PP wheels, Ford Racing Strut Brace.

5POINTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
I had herd it does but you will have to plug the extra holes.
Plug? I thought the GT500 spoiler extends further forward and would cover any unused holes? Humm....
Apprentice

Here you go, the holes will have to be filled by a body shop, read this post.
gt/cs spoiler to gt500 3dcarbon same holes? - SVTPerformance

5POINTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
Here you go, the holes will have to be filled by a body shop, read this post.
gt/cs spoiler to gt500 3dcarbon same holes? - SVTPerformance
Damn, well that's out. No way am I having body work done, and caps look cheap. Guess I'll stick with what I have.
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Damn, well that's out. No way am I having body work done, and caps look cheap. Guess I'll stick with what I have.
the only spoiler that covers the cs holes is the roush one...

2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
Brembos, Avant Garde m368s, D2 coilovers, Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 Mufflers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in