Ford customer service HELP - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaEthan View Post
Ummm I'm absolutely not giving the OP false information . There have been a number of people who have mentioned or complained about rattles on this site. As far as the intake goes, the installation is not a problem as my particular rattle is coming from inside the dashboard. It has become more pronounced since I added the intake but this is likely because of the increased sound. The rattle doesn't bother me enough to bring my car in to the dealer so I just live with it. Loose or even missfitting panels aren't rare in mass produced cars and are likely the cause of the problem.

We can agree on one thing though, 3 weeks is excessive for a diagnosis.
Just because a bunch of people on the most biased form of commenting system in the world (a car forum) have rattles in their interior does not make it in any way shape or form normal. Rattles are not normal on ANY new car, let alone a relatively well built Mustang.

I personally don't understand how a rattle can get louder when you install an intake that should drown out the rattle in the first place :?::?:

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
Just because a bunch of people on the most biased form of commenting system in the world (a car forum) have rattles in their interior does not make it in any way shape or form normal. Rattles are not normal on ANY new car, let alone a relatively well built Mustang.

I personally don't understand how a rattle can get louder when you install an intake that should drown out the rattle in the first place :?::?:
I'm not trying to say it SHOULD be normal but the fact is a lot of people have some rattles which, by definition, makes it normal lol. Unfortunately it's just not economical for Ford to ensure every single piece fits perfectly on every vehicle they make so slight rattles are normal. If the car is constantly rattling or the rattling is excessively loud then I would agree that is not normal.

As far as the intake thing goes, sound is created by pressure waves which have the ability to rattle pieces of a car. Especially when they are a low frequency and at a high volume (think of a sub-woofer rattling a trunk). Now the intake doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of power but the concept is the same. When compared to the stock air box, the new intake is now creating a lower frequency at a higher volume. Then you factor in that it is only sitting a couple feet away from whatever is rattling in my dash and that makes the problem worse. I only ever notice it when my engine is under a slight load (2200-2900 rpm) which is where it sounds the deepest.

PONY Member

Good luck getting Ford to do anything. Mine was in 2 different shops a total of 5 times and they never fixed the dash rattle.

If it's coming from the instrument panel then it's probably the chromed plastic rings. They are only pressed in and aren't secured or insulated by anything. The good news is you may be able to fix it yourself. Lower the steering wheel as far as it will go and pull on the instrument panel from the bottom. It's not screwed in and will pull right out. Once it's out you can push the chrome rings out from behind by pushing on the tabs. Line the back side of the rings with some 3M double sided padded tape, put them back in and the rattles should be gone.

PONY Member

Quote:
I'm not trying to say it SHOULD be normal but the fact is a lot of people have some rattles which, by definition, makes it normal lol. Unfortunately it's just not economical for Ford to ensure every single piece fits perfectly on every vehicle they make so slight rattles are normal.

If a cheap ass car company like Kia can do it then so can Ford. Ford just doesn't give a damn about their quality or customer opinion, and there is no excuse for that.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
My car has a rattle in the trim that runs above the drivers door. It's right next to my ear and drives me nuts a few days a week while commuting to work. I usually smack it once or twice and it stops. It's been doing it for two years now. My last Mustang had a rattle under the dash that never went away.
+1 ; After a year the car is tight and rattle free, except for a small rattle coming from the plastic upper door trim. I'm going to remove today and see if I can source it out.
GT Member

Quote:
I'm not trying to say it SHOULD be normal but the fact is a lot of people have some rattles which, by definition, makes it normal lol. Unfortunately it's just not economical for Ford to ensure every single piece fits perfectly on every vehicle they make so slight rattles are normal. If the car is constantly rattling or the rattling is excessively loud then I would agree that is not normal.

As far as the intake thing goes, sound is created by pressure waves which have the ability to rattle pieces of a car. Especially when they are a low frequency and at a high volume (think of a sub-woofer rattling a trunk). Now the intake doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of power but the concept is the same. When compared to the stock air box, the new intake is now creating a lower frequency at a higher volume. Then you factor in that it is only sitting a couple feet away from whatever is rattling in my dash and that makes the problem worse. I only ever notice it when my engine is under a slight load (2200-2900 rpm) which is where it sounds the deepest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Convert View Post

If a cheap ass car company like Kia can do it then so can Ford. Ford just doesn't give a damn about their quality or customer opinion, and there is no excuse for that.
This^^^

You would have to poll EVERY mustang owner and then realize the results are <10%. Just because a few forum members experience it doesn't make it common. Make a poll, you'll see.

That's a pretty serious intake if it's producing that much bass lol.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
PONY Member

Here is my problem with the excuse that the rattles are due to economic reasons.

Having worked in dealership service departments for Infiniti, I know from experience that the vast majority of rattles can be fixed with a few pennies worth of padded double sided tape placed between the parts that rattle.

Now, as you go through pre-preduction testing you identify the parts most likely to cause rattles. You then apply the padded tape as part of the manufacturing process. Total cost would be pennies in materials and perhaps as much as $40 in additional labor.

So, you increase the price by a mere $50. The rattles are eliminated and Ford actually makes MORE profit per vehicle.

I find it extremely doubtful that anyone interested in buying a Mustang is going to change their minds if the car costs just $50 more than it does now. It would still be competitively priced with other cars in it's class.

So sales would basically be the same, profits would be increased, and customer satisfaction would be higher. Higher customer satisfaction coule even lead to an increase in sales which would increase revenue and profits even more.

Ford just can't be bothered because their bean counters in charge simply don't care. They all drive Mercs and Lexus, and don't care about Ford interiors.

I bet if you required Ford execs drive Mustangs exclusively you would see a very different interior in the car.
FordService

Quote:
My car has a rattle in the trim that runs above the drivers door. It's right next to my ear and drives me nuts a few days a week while commuting to work. I usually smack it once or twice and it stops. It's been doing it for two years now. My last Mustang had a rattle under the dash that never went away.
Hi Blazin72,

I recommend you make an appointment with your dealer for diagnosis as soon as possible. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hi Blazin72,

I recommend you make an appointment with your dealer for diagnosis as soon as possible. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
I appreciate it but that wasn't the direction I was going with my post. I'll get around to looking at it myself the next time I'm out in the shop and think about it.
FordService

Quote:
I appreciate it but that wasn't the direction I was going with my post. I'll get around to looking at it myself the next time I'm out in the shop and think about it.
Understandable, Blazin72. Let me know if you need me.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page