Ford customer service HELP - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ford customer service HELP

My 2012 Mustang has been in the shop for going on 3 weeks for a rattle that occurs when you accelerate. The dealership admits that there is a rattle but has given up and now says this is a normal sound. HELP. This is not a normal sound. I have never owned a car that rattles across the dash when you give it the gas. What do I do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Apprentice

I too have an annoying rattle in the dash that I have yet to bring to the dealership's attention for fear of the same result.

Deysha is the Ford Customer Service contact on this forum. Search for her and send a pm if possible.

2011 GT Prem, Brembo, 401A, MT, YB
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

I hate to tell ya this but that is quite normal on these cars... Especially after adding an intake

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaEthan View Post
I hate to tell ya this but that is quite normal on these cars... Especially after adding an intake
Rattle is definitely not normal on these cars. After having my LCA's replaced, my car rattles ZERO. The only problem I have is my aftermarket speakers which I didn't screw in tight enough (putting that off). Maybe a IMPROPERLY installed intake might rattle, but that's very maybe.

Please stop giving the OP false info.

OP - Take it to another dealer. That one is obviously too lazy to actually take care of it. Also, having your car there for 3 weeks is excessive.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Zero rattles on mine and I am the type that will hear them when no one else can. I would agree that rattles in this car are not normal.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
PONY Member

Only rattle I have is the speaker in my passenger door that the dealership is now replacing for the 2nd time.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamacommander View Post
My 2012 Mustang has been in the shop for going on 3 weeks for a rattle that occurs when you accelerate. The dealership admits that there is a rattle but has given up and now says this is a normal sound. HELP. This is not a normal sound. I have never owned a car that rattles across the dash when you give it the gas. What do I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marker View Post
I too have an annoying rattle in the dash that I have yet to bring to the dealership's attention for fear of the same result.
Deysha is the Ford Customer Service contact on this forum. Search for her and send a pm if possible.
Hey guys,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service (welcome to the forum, Bamacommander). Please make another appointment with your dealers for diagnosis as soon as possible. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks. I will send you a message.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
Zero rattles on mine and I am the type that will hear them when no one else can. I would agree that rattles in this car are not normal.

Rob

Don't you just love it when people tell you you're paranoid? :shiny:

Me: Do you hear that whirring? (Context, I think I might have a wheel bearing/tire issue)
Friend: you're crazy man
Me: No seriously, watch my speed, it changes with speed.
Friend: I think that's normal man.
Me: (sigh)

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Deysha, I just sent you a private message. Thanks. Let me know what you need from me.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post

Rob

I am the same way. I can hear and feel things related to machinery that no one else notices. Now, I may not know what it is (I am certainly no super-mechanic) but I sure as heck know that it wasn't there before.
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
Don't you just love it when people tell you you're paranoid? :shiny:

Me: Do you hear that whirring? (Context, I think I might have a wheel bearing/tire issue)
Friend: you're crazy man
Me: No seriously, watch my speed, it changes with speed.
Friend: I think that's normal man.
Me: (sigh)
Sounds familiar....but with me its usually my wife. She claims she never hears a thing when it comes to squeaks and rattles in a car. It's hard to tell her to drive the car until she hears the rattle and hold it there when she can't even hear it. I just give up and call my son. He can usually hear the noise and help me locate it. Luckily I haven't had to do this in the Mustang.

Rob

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
FordService

Quote:
Thanks. I will send you a message.
Quote:
Deysha, I just sent you a private message. Thanks. Let me know what you need from me.
Thanks, Bamacommander. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
Rattle is definitely not normal on these cars. After having my LCA's replaced, my car rattles ZERO. The only problem I have is my aftermarket speakers which I didn't screw in tight enough (putting that off). Maybe a IMPROPERLY installed intake might rattle, but that's very maybe.

Please stop giving the OP false info.

OP - Take it to another dealer. That one is obviously too lazy to actually take care of it. Also, having your car there for 3 weeks is excessive.
Ummm I'm absolutely not giving the OP false information . There have been a number of people who have mentioned or complained about rattles on this site. As far as the intake goes, the installation is not a problem as my particular rattle is coming from inside the dashboard. It has become more pronounced since I added the intake but this is likely because of the increased sound. The rattle doesn't bother me enough to bring my car in to the dealer so I just live with it. Loose or even missfitting panels aren't rare in mass produced cars and are likely the cause of the problem.

We can agree on one thing though, 3 weeks is excessive for a diagnosis.
BOSS Member

Garage
My car has a rattle in the trim that runs above the drivers door. It's right next to my ear and drives me nuts a few days a week while commuting to work. I usually smack it once or twice and it stops. It's been doing it for two years now. My last Mustang had a rattle under the dash that never went away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page