rear seat delete - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i dont use my mustang to haul anything but me and one passanger. i have a z71 truck or a dodge magnum for that.
i thought long and hard and i also have custom black and red leather seats but it dont matter its what i want.im just being cheap and hoping i can find the kit for around 800.but if not i will be doing the 935 option if i can talk them into free shipping

Base performance package:1/4 window louvers,k&n drop in filter,barton shifter,3:73 ford racing gears and diff cover,royal purple gear oil,spohn del sphere uca and mounting bracket.red & black leather seats.20%tint BBK Shorty Headers. tokico d spec adjustable shocks and struts, boss rear seat delete (red) future mods:driveshaft safety loop,clutch and flywheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
Since when did this become the "I don't agree with you, so you're wrong" forum?

Geez, the guy asked where to find a product.
I'm surprised that half of the folks here even own a Mustang, you should have talked yourself out of one by now!

I like the way the car looks with the brace/seat delete, if I didn't have to carry the occasional passenger back there, mine would be gone.
Can't speak for the other guys, but I wasn't telling the OP he was wrong, I was just showing him some greener grass. I know my friends are always talking me out of stupid ideas, and rightfully so (not saying this thread is stupid).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrullo View Post
i dont use my mustang to haul anything but me and one passanger. i have a z71 truck or a dodge magnum for that.
i thought long and hard and i also have custom black and red leather seats but it dont matter its what i want.im just being cheap and hoping i can find the kit for around 800.but if not i will be doing the 935 option if i can talk them into free shipping
IMO, if you are only trying to save $135, just go for the $935 and try for the free shipping like you said and be done with it. If you wanted to be cheap, you probably wouldn't be doing this mod anyway.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
Since when did this become the "I don't agree with you, so you're wrong" forum?

Geez, the guy asked where to find a product.
I'm surprised that half of the folks here even own a Mustang, you should have talked yourself out of one by now!

I like the way the car looks with the brace/seat delete, if I didn't have to carry the occasional passenger back there, mine would be gone.
LIKE x 23252524243908243

and also why I don't browse here much anymore.

2013 Ford Explorer Sport
[SOLD] 2012 Mustang GT (disappointed)

PONY Member

Ya this place has become very negative.

I did a seat delete & went with the Steeda brace with the Boss interior panels. It turned out pretty nice. I did black & red Shelby Seat covers on the front & the red powder coated Xbrace in the rear.

Have you looked at the Steeda brace or only want the Boss LS brace?

2011 GT 6M - List is long... too long
SHELBY GT 350 Member

this is one of those I know it wouldn't do anything for me but I really, really like how the delete looks.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

I've never seen a shot of how the brace is mounted from the trunk view/rear view...anyone have a shot they'd like to share?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
A person on the Boss 302 forum removed the back seats, nuts bolts you name it and weighed it... total weight was like 36 pounds...
I'd love to see that link. I only popped the seats out to re-cover them so didn't put 'em on a scale or anything but that's pretty shocking since it felt like there was nothing there.
Regardless, after installing a delete and then the X Brace I can't imagine there's much savings in that dept..
That being said if you really like that look then go for it. It's your car. I did it on my '88 and had a cage to work around so it was a total hassle but the cage made the back seat unusable anyway.
I think this is one of those things where guys who have gone through the "I really want a race car for the street" and learned that it rarely ends well are just trying to help out. After awhile the deleting of comfort creatures and functionality add up and you may end up regretting all the extra cash that could've been better spent.
BUT...once again it is your car and the beauty of the Mustang platform is it's a good one to make it your own!
PONY Member

Steeda brace & panels is right at 15#, so still a weight savings. Only thing I gave up by deleting the seat is nothing. I didnt use them for passengers & there is actually more room back there without the seats.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke View Post
I'd love to see that link. I only popped the seats out to re-cover them so didn't put 'em on a scale or anything but that's pretty shocking since it felt like there was nothing there.
Regardless, after installing a delete and then the X Brace I can't imagine there's much savings in that dept..
That being said if you really like that look then go for it. It's your car. I did it on my '88 and had a cage to work around so it was a total hassle but the cage made the back seat unusable anyway.
I think this is one of those things where guys who have gone through the "I really want a race car for the street" and learned that it rarely ends well are just trying to help out. After awhile the deleting of comfort creatures and functionality add up and you may end up regretting all the extra cash that could've been better spent.
BUT...once again it is your car and the beauty of the Mustang platform is it's a good one to make it your own!
I call BS as well. Those seats aren't worth much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtownStang View Post
Steeda brace & panels is right at 15#, so still a weight savings. Only thing I gave up by deleting the seat is nothing. I didnt use them for passengers & there is actually more room back there without the seats.
Can you fit a bike back there?

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtownStang View Post
Ya this place has become very negative.

I did a seat delete & went with the Steeda brace with the Boss interior panels. It turned out pretty nice. I did black & red Shelby Seat covers on the front & the red powder coated Xbrace in the rear.

Have you looked at the Steeda brace or only want the Boss LS brace?
how much was the panels
where did you get them from
doyou have pictures of the compleated delete

Base performance package:1/4 window louvers,k&n drop in filter,barton shifter,3:73 ford racing gears and diff cover,royal purple gear oil,spohn del sphere uca and mounting bracket.red & black leather seats.20%tint BBK Shorty Headers. tokico d spec adjustable shocks and struts, boss rear seat delete (red) future mods:driveshaft safety loop,clutch and flywheel
SHELBY GT 350 Member

the fitting of the bike with the brace would be difficult, you will loose the fold down/pass through feature. But it looks cool.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
I call BS as well. Those seats aren't worth much.

Can you fit a bike back there?
why or how in the hell would you put a bike back there

you have over 1000 coments i bet half of them are worthless like back seats in my mustang

PONY Member

My Specialized wouldnt fit with the seat pass through at all. Not sure why youre always such a combative person, but you must enjoy it.

PONY Member

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrullo View Post
why or how in the hell would you put a bike back there

you have over 1000 coments i bet half of them are worthless like back seats in my mustang
Uhh... because people ride bikes?? Remove the front wheel, it fits.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm just trying to show some greener grass on the other side, I don't understand why you people can't take some constructive criticism. Jesus.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page