rear seat delete - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

This is not scientific, however when I removed the back seats, brackets, seat belts and bolts it was a lot heavier than the rear seat delete. I don't have a scale I can put it all on, but it was a least twice the weight of the rear seat delete. BTW, my car will be a track car. I have another car for driving around town and a truck for hauling stuff. Also, all the weight saved will be lost once I put a roll cage in the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT2013 View Post
This is not scientific, however when I removed the back seats, brackets, seat belts and bolts it was a lot heavier than the rear seat delete. I don't have a scale I can put it all on, but it was a least twice the weight of the rear seat delete. BTW, my car will be a track car. I have another car for driving around town and a truck for hauling stuff. Also, all the weight saved will be lost once I put a roll cage in the car.
Yeah but roll cage is sweet.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Apprentice

Your opinion is greener grass? Make a few car payments for him then you may have some say over what he does to his car.

2015 Triple Yellow Premium GT Vert
2013 Race Red Boss 302 #1972 *Sold*
2011 Race Red GT/CS *Sold*

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywoo View Post
Your opinion is greener grass? Make a few car payments for him then you may have some say over what he does to his car.
It was a play on the original expression, it's cool if you don't get it.

Again, not telling him what to do with his car I'm just laying out some options as constructive criticism. Easier to understand?

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
Apprentice

What's easy to understand is this: The OP didn't ask for an opinion. There was no poll of should I or shouldn't I. If you don't want to remove YOUR seat, don't. And you're right, I reread the thread and still don't get the greener grass reference.

GT Member

Quote:
What's easy to understand is this: The OP didn't ask for an opinion. There was no poll of should I or shouldn't I. If you don't want to remove YOUR seat, don't. And you're right, I reread the thread and still don't get the greener grass reference.
that's fine, but I explained my reasoning before, and you still don't get it so ill just stop.

The reference refers to the expression 'the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence', translated means you will always look at the positives of what someone else has and be envious but completely disregard the negatives to that other guys situation. in this case, keeping the seats is the observers side and deleting them is the greener grass. get it now?

SHELBY GT 350 Member

grass seats would look cool but try getting a mower back there.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
that's fine, but I explained my reasoning before, and you still don't get it so ill just stop.

The reference refers to the expression 'the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence', translated means you will always look at the positives of what someone else has and be envious but completely disregard the negatives to that other guys situation. in this case, keeping the seats is the observers side and deleting them is the greener grass. get it now?
Ya, I get the saying, and its also your opinion that keeping the seats is greener grass. Again, his seats not yours. Why should you care?

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrullo View Post
why or how in the hell would you put a bike back there
I do it all the time I have a tow hitch on my car for when I take 2 bikes.

My car is my dd and I need to get to races and training rides.
I'd love to do a rear seat delete that has a fold down panel so you can use the whole trunk space. My rear seats have never had anyone in them anyway........

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
GT Member

Quote:
Ya, I get the saying, and its also your opinion that keeping the seats is greener grass. Again, his seats not yours. Why should you care?
Never mind dude.... some people need the

Edit: I said deleting the seats was the greener grass, not the other way around.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page