Why can't I find 2012 Boss Wheels? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Why can't I find 2012 Boss Wheels?

Why can't I find the black 2012 Boss wheels anywhere? Anyone know where I can find a set?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black wheels.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	167059  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by modie View Post
Why can't I find the black 2012 Boss wheels anywhere? Anyone know where I can find a set?
Try here

Boss 302 Forum | Boss 302 Club

2013 TRACK PACK
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

The Boss is a limited production car and AFAIK neither wheel design (standard Boss, Laguna Seca) is available as an option on any other car. So you'll probably have to find a set of take-offs, and those will surely be thin on the ground.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

I may be able to order you a set, they're around 450/per wheel though. I may have a local owner willing to sell theirs, send me a PM with your price range and I'll give it a shot.

2013 Boss 302 #974
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
The Boss is a limited production car and AFAIK neither wheel design (standard Boss, Laguna Seca) is available as an option on any other car. So you'll probably have to find a set of take-offs, and those will surely be thin on the ground.

The LS wheels are available from Ford Racing and various vendors such as AmericanMuscle, and they are fairly cheap as well(~$250ea).
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
GT Member

I don’t know what you want to put the wheels on but if it’s not made by Ford Racing you are buying a copy or imitation Boss wheel…
But who would want an imitation wheel?… It would be like eating fake crab meat… kind of taste like crab, but you know it’s just turkey parts…

And this is as close are you are going to get.... it is the 302s wheel... like the LS wheel but not like the Boss Track Pack wheel...
MUSTANG BOSS 302S REAR WHEEL BLACK WITH MACHINED FACE | Part Details for M-1007-DC1910LGB* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

If I were to replace mine, this would be my wheel of choice sticking with the Ford Racing wheel…
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11825

I would trade my wheels and tires for a set of those plus the tires like a Nitto NT05…

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
replica

Me. I want imitation wheels.

This guy right here.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
PONY Member

I was on the hunt for those at one point as well. They are out there, but scarce. Keep searching eBay and you'll find a set eventually. Prices are all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2012 GT Premium - 401A - 6MT - 3.73s - Steeda CAI and Tune - Steeda Q-Series Hood - Forgestar CF5s - SVT Brembo Brakes - BOSS Brake Ducts - MGW Shifter - GT500 Axlebacks - BOSS Side Exit Exhuast - Eibach Prokit Springs - Adjustable Panhard Bar - BOSS Strut Tower Brace
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
PONY Member

You can also do Carroll Shelby CS56 wheels. They are the closest things I've found and they are made by a great company. They are a bit more expensive...but they look BA! Plus, they have great sizes and offsets. I've been looking at these wheels myself...

Mustang Wheels - Carroll Shelby Wheels

You can get them in black, chrome, silver...

My 0.02 the best Boss 302 replica you can find...

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
Apprentice

Keep your eye out. I bought a mint spare set with great tires that I'll use on my stock rims. I have 23,000 miles on my car and combined with several track days including a trip to the gravel has "blemished" my OEM rims a bit... I also have a complete take off suspension. Yes I have a problem.

2012 Race Red Boss 302 #3041
2012 Race Red Boss 302 #733 TOTALED at Spring Mtn
1999 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 6-Speed
1964 Falcon Convert. 289 4-Speed
PONY Member

I'd still vote for the CS wheels. The sizes/offsets are better, too.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page