Shifter, shifter bracket, or both - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

give the Barton shifter and their 2 post bracket a look, real nice piece, beautifully machined right here in the USA and it just works

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itezja View Post
Need opinions on changing out the stock shifter. Obviously I'm not completely thrilled with the stock set up.

Is this worth the money?
What are some pros/cons from the different brands and set ups?
Are there warranty concerns with replacing the shifter components?
I've heard some concerns with noise and heat. I don't want that.
I don't currently have any issues with the MT82.
Would replacing the shifter make it more or less likely to have issues down the road?

Here's what I'd recommend:

2011-2013 Ford Mustang V6 GT Billet Manual Shifter & Mount Package - UPR Products

^^That's what MBreinin is running, and he's well into the 11s, nearly stock.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
PONY Member

I think the Steeda Tri-ax shifter and bracket is the best option for replacing the stock shifter and bracket. It minimizes NVH and gives you a clean and solid shifter without the notchiness.

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots

Apprentice
S197 Member

I installed the Steeda Tri-ax shifter and bracket at 10,000 miles on my 2011 GT this past April and have been very happy with it. No noticeable noise, heat, nor vibration.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
Kona Blue with Saddle interior
Purchased new April 13, 2011
6 spd manual Rapid Spec 400A
Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter, Borla S-type Axle-back exhaust, Eibach Pro-kit springs and camber bolts, Steeda panhard bar, Koni adjustable yellows struts and shocks,GT500 mounts, Steeda oil separator, Redline Tuning hood lifts, MRT adjustable tilt headrests, MMD tail light trim, 35% window tint, K&N air filter, MMD Classic louvers, CDC chin spoiler, TSW Nurburgring wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page