2013 Boss 302 Parts - Cooling Ducts, and LS Splitter - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2013 Boss 302 Parts - Cooling Ducts, and LS Splitter

So I'm looking for some boss 302 parts for my GT. Not really for looks, but mostly for downforce and brake cooling/overall cooling.

Anyone know the part number or where to buy the brake cooling ducts (just the insert to go in the bumper), and laguna seca splitter (any additional parts needed to install to a regular GT?).

These pieces here:

I assume they just snap in?

And the laguna seca splitter probably needs something to mount the support rods to behind the bumper??

I've really only been able to find these parts for the 2012, which has a different design altogether.

THANKS!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ducts.gif
Views:	7706
Size:	407.0 KB
ID:	167071  

2000 GT. Track toy.
Stock motor, Maximum motorsports suspension, Cobra R wing, Stoptech brakes, TKO tranny, much more.
2013 GT, White, Track Pack, Recaro. SOLD
KW V3 coilovers / Whiteline UCA, LCA's & Brackets, F&R Swaybars, Watts link / Brake cooling ducts / Boss 302 shift knob / Steeda short shifter / .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
PONY Member

U can find the brake duct inserts which btw r the same as the foglights just without fogs on ebaymotors all day for under $75 shipped. and as for the splitter try Frpp.com but be prepared to pay the ford racing parts premium for it.

2013 mt82 3.7-spl del/sgm/charcoal/tech pack/recaro
Mods, 3.5"ant/dynomax mid exh/bronze tsws 245/50/18 kumho/sportline-pro kit&gt500 mounts/J&M phb/eibach lcas/redline/roush/sk&pedals/gt-wfg/cf blkout/license insert&upper grille, mustang sills, jlt/3.73s/steeda 93perf&sctx3, am mirrors&tlc/roof wing/open lower/stillen lip/steeda sts&bush/rtr'd rear
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Good call on the ebay motors, found `em. Thanks Anyone know the part number for those? Didn't even think about how they would be the same as the fog lights.

As for the splitter, FRPP only has the 2012 catalog, but I'll keep looking. And yeah, whenever it can be found, I'm sure the LS splitter will be a little spendy:laughlitt

2000 GT. Track toy.
Stock motor, Maximum motorsports suspension, Cobra R wing, Stoptech brakes, TKO tranny, much more.
KW V3 coilovers / Whiteline UCA, LCA's & Brackets, F&R Swaybars, Watts link / Brake cooling ducts / Boss 302 shift knob / Steeda short shifter / .

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
Rookie

I bought my cooling ducts, from LMR...
Ford Racing Mustang Brake Cooling Duct Kit (13) M-2004-MBA at LRS - Free Shipping!

they also have the splitter.

2016 GT Premium 401A black/black, 20"
Boss coil covers, JLT oil separators both, K&N,
6 piston front Brembos, GT350R steering wheel

2013 GT Track Pack Racing Red. Born 9-19-12, ETA 10-13-12.Arrived 10-12-2012....SOLD OCT 2015 '13 GT500 SVT wheels, '13 GT500 AB with valance, Eibachs, Boss Alcantara steering wheel, Boss coil covers, JLT oil separators both, K&N, Panhard bar, FR brake cooling ducts, SS brake lines, Konis Yellow, GT500 6 piston front Brembos
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Track View Post
I bought my cooling ducts, from LMR...
Ford Racing Mustang Brake Cooling Duct Kit (13) M-2004-MBA at LRS - Free Shipping!

they also have the splitter.
Over 400 for that is a rip off...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
GT Member

Try here...

Tousley Ford Parts Depot

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Over 400 for that is a rip off...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Once you look at the components of the kit, you change your mind.
In the past , for others cars I had to make the backing plates, the inlet plate behing the fog lights, a good hose, and it's quite expensive. The construction of this kit is oem...everything fits very well.....
But if you want to construct it yourself, and have a shop, you may save a couple of bucks.....
just my 2 cents....

2016 GT Premium 401A black/black, 20"
Boss coil covers, JLT oil separators both, K&N,
6 piston front Brembos, GT350R steering wheel

2013 GT Track Pack Racing Red. Born 9-19-12, ETA 10-13-12.Arrived 10-12-2012....SOLD OCT 2015 '13 GT500 SVT wheels, '13 GT500 AB with valance, Eibachs, Boss Alcantara steering wheel, Boss coil covers, JLT oil separators both, K&N, Panhard bar, FR brake cooling ducts, SS brake lines, Konis Yellow, GT500 6 piston front Brembos
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
PONY Member

Check out levittownfordsupercenter.com

Their price is way under $400

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks for the links on the cooling duct kits, like Red Track mentioned, I do have a shop, and while the kit looks to be very nice quality, I'm sure I can duplicate my own kit. Certainly not going to be as pretty (and maybe not function quite as good) but will save about $300. I just need the actual fog light/duct plastic piece, so it doesn't look horrible LOL.

And I'm still not seeing a 2013 Laguna Seca Package Splitter. At Latemodel Resto, they do have the 2013 regular boss splitter, but not the huge laguna seca.

Tousley doesn't seem to have any 2013 parts yet (or at least cannot search for them).

Pic of the LS splitter.

Since it doesn't come installed at the factory, maybe one of the boss guys will sell thiers.

2000 GT. Track toy.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_reber View Post
Thanks for the links on the cooling duct kits, like Red Track mentioned, I do have a shop, and while the kit looks to be very nice quality, I'm sure I can duplicate my own kit. Certainly not going to be as pretty (and maybe not function quite as good) but will save about $300. I just need the actual fog light/duct plastic piece, so it doesn't look horrible LOL.

And I'm still not seeing a 2013 Laguna Seca Package Splitter. At Latemodel Resto, they do have the 2013 regular boss splitter, but not the huge laguna seca.

Tousley doesn't seem to have any 2013 parts yet (or at least cannot search for them).

Pic of the LS splitter.

Since it doesn't come installed at the factory, maybe one of the boss guys will sell thiers.
Look here:

Ford Mustang Boss Laguna Seca Front Splitter Kit-2013: Levittown Ford Super Center

Ford Mustang GT & V6 Splitter Install Kit: Levittown Ford Super Center

GT Member

What do you plan on doing with the car? Are you changing out the springs and will you be driving 130+ mph?
I had the regular Boss splitter on my BBP car with stock springs and at 130 it would get a little back and forth wiggle as the extra downforce from the splitter was applied. I have a Steeda front bumper now and haven't ever noticed that happening.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks for the links, that looks like what I'm looking for. I wonder what all is included in the $1000+ install "kit"?

GT1120, I will be using it for a lot of road racing. Def want all the downforce possible while using factory ford parts. (class rules state only aerodynamics must be factory parts). Will be on coilovers as well.

2000 GT. Track toy.
PONY Member

I plan on racing my 2013 GT, SCCA. I have been thinking about the Boss front splitter, but just haven't been able to justify the cost right now. Every where I have looked you need to purchase the front splitter kit and the front splitter. I may eventually brake down and get it. For coil overs I plan on getting Moton and I was wondering what coil overs you have or are getting?

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yeah, if you actually really need the install kit, its a bit pricey. If I can buy just the splitter and make it work, $650 isn't too bad for a genuine ford part. I just wish I could find a boss owner who never had it installed and doesn't need it anymore

As for coilovers, I'm debating between the KW V3 or clubsports. And a bunch of whiteline parts, and maybe their watts link if I can scrounge up some more money

2000 GT. Track toy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in