2011 Mustang Gt First Mod Recommendations? Every Tip Helps ;) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Most people do exhaust and tuner first. If you want a sick exhust look into the boss side exhaust with gt500 axle backs or borlas. The sound is pure awesomeness it will be my first mod lol and alot of this depends on you and your goals with your car. Some people buy them to race them so they go all performance others think its plenty fast and do cosmetics just pick which you want More at the moment. Also be prepared to have the mod bug and spend alot of money lol

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Garage
I did GT500 Mufflers and Corbeau seats. I couldn't stand the stock seats in the car because I would slide all around when driving the car quickly let alone fast. That was a huge thing to me since I track my car as well.

2012 Mustang GT Brembo package w/3.55 rear end
+Shifter/Bracket from American Muscle
+Corbeau CR1 seats
+Carbotech 1521 (Street) / XP20 (Race) Motul RBF600
+Koni Adj yellow F/R, Sam Strano Adj Sway F/R, SR Lowering springs 1.5", Maximum Motorsport Adj Panhard, GT500 strut mounts
+X Pipe , GT500 Mufflers , BAMA Tune
PONY Member
S197 Member

To each her (or his!) own. For me it was the shift knob. The stock one just doesn't feel, or in my opinion look like a muscle car shifter. The exhaust came next, which was GT500's. They sound fantastic. If you are a muscle car girl, you should probably think about the exhaust as one of your first mods. The sound really makes driving more fun! I just got back from a post Thanksgiving 40 mile drive with the windows down

I'm lowering mine next week with Steeda Ultralite springs. Just keep in mind that when you lower you'll need additional equipment besides just springs to keep the front and rear end in alignment! Adjustable panhard bar for the rear and at a minimum camber bolts for the front. Supposedly the upper strut mounts self-destruct when they are removed, so some new strut mounts would probably be wise too.

Enjoy the new car!

PS. The vendors I linked are the ones with the best deals currently I believe. Steeda is offering 20% off all purchases for Black Friday and Late Model Restoration has the best prices on the strut mounts and GT500 exhaust right now!

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's

Rookie
S197 Member

coilovers, wheels and tires and gt500 exhaust

2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
Brembos, Avant Garde m368s, D2 coilovers, Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 Mufflers
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
coilovers, wheels and tires and gt500 exhaust
Psshhh. Not everyone gets coil overs practically for free like you did! Still hate you.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
Psshhh. Not everyone gets coil overs practically for free like you did! Still hate you.
you will prob hate me more if you what i paid for the wheels and tires

2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
Brembos, Avant Garde m368s, D2 coilovers, Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 Mufflers
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_chick808 View Post
Didnt really think about an exhaust yet. Is that a loud exhaust? The cops in my area are pretty anal about loud cars. not sure if thats a great idea but we'll see what happens. Do you have a video clip of your car with that exhaust?
I have the full borla atak Catback which is their after car x over axle pipes and atak mufflers. It has an amazing sound with zero drone. It is only loud when you make it. While cruising along on the highway it is mellow, push the pedal down it screams to life. It is also the most loud of the three borla setups, but I don't believe obnoxious. The s type seems to be a deeper burble while the atak has a more refined yet slightly louder sound. Hope that helps.
I do have a video clip of when I remote started it, it is just a clip from my iPhone. Ill have to see if I can put it somewhere other then FAcebook.
PONY Member

I like the Eibach Springs, but I think you are better off spending the money on a matching Kit. That's springs, Struts, and sway bars. I have read a lot of good with the Eibach, but there are several good ones out there. I personally have the Roush Kit on mine.. after all its a Roush Mustang so that is what it came with. I am not saying its the best, but one of you options. Suspension is another one of those things you have to Judge. Is Handling you priority? Is ride comfort? You can get the best of both worlds with a complete Kit, but with just adding springs, you may not have as good a ride quality with the lowering. If you have a $1500 budget you need to think about where you are going with the car, and how much of the work you can do yourself... after all. A $900 suspension is just that, unless you have to pay to install it and then add the price of an alignment, suddenly you may be in the $1200-1300 range.

$300 Lowering Springs
$100 Alignment
$300 Tuner
$500 Exhaust

$300 installation?

If this is all you want to do with the car:
That's $1500, but would be a good jump in looks, power, and handling. If you can install it yourself, throw in a Cold Air Intake with the tuner.

If this is just a first step in Mods... I would go with:

1. Full Suspension: $700-$2000 depending on what you want out of it
2. Exhaust- $500 just cause it sounds like a mustang should
3. Tuner and CAI- $600
4. Rims/ Tires- Hard to put a price because there are so many different choices but figure $1500-$2000 for a good set of rims with tires
5. Gears- not sure what you have but 3.73 will really wake up the way the car feels if you need more $500- $600 installed?
6. Brakes- Stock is great but if you get far enough in mods you need to have better brakes to stop the power $2000 plus install
7. Supercharger... big power gains! $6000-$7000 plus install

Its easy to hit thousands in mods quickly! First come up with a plan on where you want your car to go.

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I recommend the Eibach pro springs for a nice drop and better handling, will need an adjustable Panhard bar and front end alignment afterwards. Car looks much better then Stock 4x4 stance. The GT500's are popular choice, I had them on mine for 20,000 miles and wanted louder. Bought a set of used flowmaster hushpower axle backs and the car sounds great. But highly recommend the gt500's as they should have been factory issue for the 5.0 they sound fantastic. many go with a tuner/CAI combo to up the performance. I personally will wait until my 60,000 mile warranty is expired (20,000 miles left) as don't want to run the risk of denied warranty if something were to go wrong.

Like the others said visual mods or performance mods depend on the route you want to take with your car! It's yours now do what you like.

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSPARXv View Post
Gt500 axle backs! Best bang for the buck
Will be ordering mine soon!

Dave USAF (Ret)
2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Comfort Pkg., Red Candy, Saddle Leather, 6 MT, 3.31s Build date: 20120808, Purchase date: 20121009, Mods: GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Redline Hood Struts
GT Member

Wow, didn't know how many people had the GT500s here. I knew it was a lot, but wow.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Everyone is giving some descent advice so far. For me, I went with looks and sound for my first mods. I lowered the car and added larger/wider wheels and tires. I highly recommend the Eibach Pro Springs for when you lower. The whole suspension kit is NOT necessary unless you plan on racing or putting a lot of strain on the car (drove my friends 2012 with the full Eibach Pro kit with shocks/struts, sway bars, etc.. and it felt exactly the same as mine under normal conditions). Since I don't track my car, I won't waste my money on the rest of the kit. And I don't think an adjustable panhard bar is necessary if you just do the springs. I asked Galpin Auto Sports if they needed to add one when they dropped my car and they said no. And I wasn't charged for one. Car sits perfectly aligned and aggressive with no issues. So...

Lots of people like the GT500 axlebacks. And with all the Black Friday deals you can get them insanely cheap right now. Best thing is to go to Youtube and check out all the different exhausts available to see what sound you like. I personally prefer and went with Bassani. Check out this thread

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...tems-vids.html

I recommend tinting your windows (will help with those Alabama summers). Plus, it makes our Candy red look sick! Also, get rid of the radio antenna and put a mini one on there. Looks way better and is under $20. Check out the marketplace on here and visit some of the vendors pages like Americanmuscle.com ...You'll hit that $1500 limit in no time.

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiZ_65 View Post
Everyone is giving some descent advice so far. For me, I went with looks and sound for my first mods. I lowered the car and added larger/wider wheels and tires. I highly recommend the Eibach Pro Springs for when you lower. The whole suspension kit is NOT necessary unless you plan on racing or putting a lot of strain on the car (drove my friends 2012 with the full Eibach Pro kit with shocks/struts, sway bars, etc.. and it felt exactly the same as mine under normal conditions). Since I don't track my car, I won't waste my money on the rest of the kit. And I don't think an adjustable panhard bar is necessary if you just do the springs. I asked Galpin Auto Sports if they needed to add one when they dropped my car and they said no. And I wasn't charged for one. Car sits perfectly aligned and aggressive with no issues. So...

Lots of people like the GT500 axlebacks. And with all the Black Friday deals you can get them insanely cheap right now. Best thing is to go to Youtube and check out all the different exhausts available to see what sound you like. I personally prefer and went with Bassani. Check out this thread

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...tems-vids.html

I recommend tinting your windows (will help with those Alabama summers). Plus, it makes our Candy red look sick! Also, get rid of the radio antenna and put a mini one on there. Looks way better and is under $20. Check out the marketplace on here and visit some of the vendors pages like Americanmuscle.com ...You'll hit that $1500 limit in no time.
Are the gt500's that good? I was thinking about going with the pype bombs since they seem much lighter but it seems everyone is on the gt500 bandwagon

Current : 2013 BLACK GT/CS - 6MT / 3.73 - Gt 500 Quad AB's no resonators, BAMA Tune, Boss Intake Manifold, Lethal ORX, BMR LCA's/Brackets,
C&L CAI, Eibach SportLines, Steeda Hd strut mounts, CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna
Gone but not forgotten : 2012 BLACK Base GT
Banned

Focus on one piece of the puzzle at a time and the see through that mod on what that change it could potentially effect particuarly in the power and suspension department. Do you want power? Sound? Cosmetics?
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by From2.0to5.0 View Post
Are the gt500's that good? I was thinking about going with the pype bombs since they seem much lighter but it seems everyone is on the gt500 bandwagon
Yes .

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page