2011 Mustang Gt First Mod Recommendations? Every Tip Helps ;) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 Mustang Gt First Mod Recommendations? Every Tip Helps ;)

Hey Guys,

I'm Rachel from Alabama, I just recently picked up a 2011 Mustang Gt. Long story short, I've had a Mazda MX6 that was a hand me down from my brother. It broke down the other day so I got a chance to pick up the GT that i drove by every day at the dealership.

Here's how she looked like when I picked her up

After looking around for proper forums this is the one I found. I'm looking to get something done to it but not sure where i want to go. Weather its something for performance or cosmetics first. So if i can get some opinions from you guys that would be great.

I have done some research myself and found this article Performance Modifications: Where to Start?

I'm also considering to lower the car but not sure which springs are good. What do you guys think of Eibach springs? I saw these on ebay for a decent price, its these ones here. What do you guys think? Eibach Lowering Springs Sportline Front and Rear Red Ford Mustang Kit 803050230997 | eBay

Should I change the shocks too or just use the factory ones for the springs if i go with it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
Apprentice

Catback or at least axle backs. I have the borla atak and am in love with them.

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
PONY Member

Catch can such as the jlt catch can.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
GT Member

My first mods were: GT 500 spoiler, GT/CS lower front fascia, and GT 500 mufflers. All those and the springs you linked make a sick looking stang!
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
PONY Member

Gt500 axle backs! Best bang for the buck

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

If you have the cash I would pick up some wheels. The difference it makes is night and day.

2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
PONY Member

First thing, you need to decide what is most important and where you plan on taking the car and how much you want to spend. I agree with above, wheels are a great investment. They help looks an performance, but to me a stock GT sits to high so my first Mod would be lowering springs, or even better a matching suspension "Kit". Your stock Rims and tires will get you by until its time to invest on new tires, then but a rim/ tire package.

Performance... nothing beats a tuner! Axle backs, sounds great, but do little for performance... but did I mention, they sound great! If you decide on a tuner go with AM SCT with tunes for life, that way any mods you do in the future will be easy to change the tune to match. Add an Air Raid CAI to the tuner while you are at it. Again, like exhaust there is very little improvement on Performance, but its a good combo.

Either way, make it you own! That's part of having a Mustang. As long as it meats your ideas... its a good mod! Good luck!

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
PONY Member

It really depends on what you want to do with the car.

Decide that first...then you can choose what parts you want to throw in it.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSPARXv View Post
Gt500 axle backs! Best bang for the buck
I agree, your vehicle will actually sound like a muscle car with new axle backs. The GT500s are great!!

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
GT Member

First and most easy and cheapest, licence plate and dome lamp mods.

Speakers next.

Axle backs next.

Wheels next.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tbird View Post
Catback or at least axle backs. I have the borla atak and am in love with them.
Didnt really think about an exhaust yet. Is that a loud exhaust? The cops in my area are pretty anal about loud cars. not sure if thats a great idea but we'll see what happens. Do you have a video clip of your car with that exhaust?
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1120 View Post
My first mods were: GT 500 spoiler, GT/CS lower front fascia, and GT 500 mufflers. All those and the springs you linked make a sick looking stang!
One step at a time, I would love to make mine as beautiful as yours but i dont have that kind of money. Wow so everyone liek to run GT500 mufflers where can i find one?
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsargent09 View Post
If you have the cash I would pick up some wheels. The difference it makes is night and day.
Im not too concerned about the wheels yet, since the factory set doestn look that bad and plus my friend told me i have a lot of life left on those tires. So ill kill those first

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegabrielles View Post
First thing, you need to decide what is most important and where you plan on taking the car and how much you want to spend. I agree with above, wheels are a great investment. They help looks an performance, but to me a stock GT sits to high so my first Mod would be lowering springs, or even better a matching suspension "Kit". Your stock Rims and tires will get you by until its time to invest on new tires, then but a rim/ tire package.

Thanks! I agree with you totally. That what i had in mind as well. My budget will probably be around 1500$ to spend. What do you think about the Eibach springs? Eibach Lowering Springs Sportline Front and Rear Red Ford Mustang Kit 803050230997 | eBay

Performance... nothing beats a tuner! Axle backs, sounds great, but do little for performance... but did I mention, they sound great! If you decide on a tuner go with AM SCT with tunes for life, that way any mods you do in the future will be easy to change the tune to match. Add an Air Raid CAI to the tuner while you are at it. Again, like exhaust there is very little improvement on Performance, but its a good combo.

Either way, make it you own! That's part of having a Mustang. As long as it meats your ideas... its a good mod! Good luck!
Thanks gabrielles! I agree with you totally. That what i had in mind as well. My budget will probably be around 1500$ to spend. What do you think about the Eibach springs? Eibach Lowering Springs Sportline Front and Rear Red Ford Mustang Kit 803050230997 | eBay

I think i might just go with cosmetics first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
It really depends on what you want to do with the car.

Decide that first...then you can choose what parts you want to throw in it.
I guess im kinda narrowing it down to just lowering it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
I agree, your vehicle will actually sound like a muscle car with new axle backs. The GT500s are great!!
Any videos you can post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
First and most easy and cheapest, licence plate and dome lamp mods.

Speakers next.

Axle backs next.

Wheels next.
Whats the dome lamp mod?

Thank you guys for helping me out.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_chick808 View Post
What's the dome lamp mod?

Thank you guys for helping me out.
Buy some nice LEDs on Ebay and swap those suckers. The stock ones are cheap looking incandecents. LEDs make it look loads better.

If you are scared about cops, go for the GT500 exhausts for the GT.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
GT Member

Here is mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D7u...e_gdata_player

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page