LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
Some people don't like the rolled look. One of the reasons I got the GT500s
I agree. The rolled tips just don't do it for me.

Rob

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett5.0 View Post
I want the tips that say ford racing of the gt500 muffler is anyone wants to sell the tips?
I believe those are the FRPP Sport ABs, not the GT500 tips. You would have to do some welding if you wanted to modify the GT500s tips.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Rookie
S197 Member

The non-rolled tips were one of my big likes when I bought the gt500's. the pipe just says business in my opinion. Just my $.02. Anything is better than the stock pipes though.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKstate View Post
The non-rolled tips were one of my big likes when I bought the gt500's. the pipe just says business in my opinion. Just my $.02. Anything is better than the stock pipes though.
Yes, the stock exhaust is laughably quiet.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
GT Member

I was fine with the tips at first but the more I looked at cars with rolled tips the more I liked them and kinda made mine look cheap. To each their own im not knocking the mufflers one bit I loved them when I had them but I just wanted a little more sound . And the build quality between the two IMO is night and day and definitely better materials used on the sports. Its a win either way you go I just love that deep borla esque tone you get with the sports better. Ive had roush and huspowers also and the sports won out in the end .

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
Apprentice

Its hard to beat the price for these.

2012 Black GT, 3.73 gears, Vortech kit, JLT intake, Lethal xpipe, JMS BAP, GT500 axel backs, MGW shifter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
I was fine with the tips at first but the more I looked at cars with rolled tips the more I liked them and kinda made mine look cheap. To each their own im not knocking the mufflers one bit I loved them when I had them but I just wanted a little more sound . And the build quality between the two IMO is night and day and definitely better materials used on the sports. Its a win either way you go I just love that deep borla esque tone you get with the sports better. Ive had roush and huspowers also and the sports won out in the end .
There's a reason the FRPP Sports sound like Borla S-Types...

...they're made by Borla. You knew that right?

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
There's a reason the FRPP Sports sound like Borla S-Types...

...they're made by Borla. You knew that right?
That would be correct sir !!

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
I run them with a 3" x-pipe, and 3"mid pipes with no resonators and they sound pretty good. Sounds like stock on the inside when cruising, and get very loud when you get on it. Also sound loud from the outside all the time, but not too loud. Here is a medium throttle roll on to about 3,500rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MLA2DmoVWI
Are the cats still in place?
Apprentice

Quote:
I just love that deep borla esque tone you get with the sports better.
+1 There's nothing like cruising with the windows down.

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic GT | Premium | MT-82 | Security Package | Window Tint | 401A Aluminum Shift Knob/Shift Boot | Ford Racing Sport Mufflers
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5bites View Post
Are the cats still in place?
Yes. Pypes 3" x pipe, into custom made 3" mid pipes, into GT500 mufflers. No drone at all, and not any louder than stock when in 6th gear on the freeway under 80mph. When you get on it, it's pretty loud. Literally, once a day, without fail, someone either gives me a thumbs up or comments on the car/exhaust.
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping you'd say your cats were gone and it was still that quiet lol. I'm running cat deletes and gt500's but still have the resonators.
GT Member

Quote:
I really liked the fact they are flush too. I didn't want mine sticking way out w/ big chrome rolled tips. It's just an opinion but it was a big plus for me on the gt500

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingStang View Post
Its hard to beat the price for these.
This was huge too. Great price, arguably one of the best sounding mufflers, no drone, and with the $500 I saved from a high end brand I went ahead and got CAI, Tune AND mufflers all in one shot lol.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned but removing the resonators makes it sound quite a bit better under throttle and doesn't change under little or light throttle. I'm 31 years old and have had some loud mustangs but I wouldn't call this "quiet" by any means. Maybe I'm just getting old.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
PONY Member

Love my GT500's. Havent even looked at another exhaust since I bought them 10 months ago. Ive bought quite a few high $$$ parts so cost was not an issue.

My only issue with them is Ford's packaging of them, crappy job protecting the tips. I had to bend out one of the tips that got a little dinged during shipping.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
PONY Member
S197 Member

Love my GT500's! Installing some Borla 2 3/4" over-axle pipes this weekend, so the resonators are going bye bye. Should add a little something to the sound.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page