Black 5.0 emblems - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Mine came off easy with some fishing string to cut the adhesive and some goo gone.

Bought my emblems from Blue Oval. The fit and finish is OE and they look great.

90 Light Titanium 5.0 LX:The usual bolt ons, '93 Cobras, Saleen Racecraft Suspension

2011 Ford Mustang GT:Brembo, 3.73's, NX Coyote Plate, Boss Manifold, JLT Intake, Bama SCT, Flowmaster Axleback, JBA Offroad X pipe, CS Front Bumper, Roush Black Billet Grill, GT500 Rear Bumper, FRPP K.
410/362 NA
527/529 100 shot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Did the emblems from blue oval have the mounting prongs like the original?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Did the emblems from blue oval have the mounting prongs like the original?

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter

PONY Member

No, they didn't. I put painters tape around the OE badges before pulling them off so I would know EXACTLY where the replacements would go.

Nick

90 Light Titanium 5.0 LX:The usual bolt ons, '93 Cobras, Saleen Racecraft Suspension

2011 Ford Mustang GT:Brembo, 3.73's, NX Coyote Plate, Boss Manifold, JLT Intake, Bama SCT, Flowmaster Axleback, JBA Offroad X pipe, CS Front Bumper, Roush Black Billet Grill, GT500 Rear Bumper, FRPP K.
410/362 NA
527/529 100 shot
PONY Member

why cant anyone make it with the 2 mounts? I have mine plastidip but ill rather have that gloss look.

2012 GT Premium/Race Red/6MT/3.73 gears/Borla S-type

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetsofNY View Post
why cant anyone make it with the 2 mounts? I have mine plastidip but ill rather have that gloss look.
Because the oem style emblems are replicas they can't be identical so they don't put the mounting brackets I'm guessing

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I went ahead and ordered them from AM. probably install them this weekend

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang93 View Post
I went ahead and ordered them from AM. probably install them this weekend

You won't regret it. They look awesome on Red cars. On my 2012 that I sold I put these and painted the calipers red. It was a nice combo.

2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT
Rookie

Another option is using dental floss to remove them. I also used painters tape to mark where the originals were mounted so I could get the new ones lined up correctly.
PONY Member

You can get plastidip in gloss from their website.

2011 GTCS
Officially too many mods to list...
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I finished putting my black 5.0 emblems yesterday. I ended up using fishing line to get them off. I used goo gone to clean the adhesive off. That took the longest. The new emblems covered up the factory holes( i was worried about them holes) not a big deal. Looks good. I also did my first plasti dip job. I blacked out the chrome horse and blacked out part of the faux as cap.

Rookie

Just put mine on today. Matte black ones off of ebay for 20 dollars shipped. Use fishing line to get them off. Cleaned area good. Outlined with masking tape prior to removing. They look ok. Something different.

2011 Mustang Gt- 400A, Black/Black, Brembo, 3.73, Lethal(JBA) H-Pipe, Pypes A/B, UMI adj. UCA, SR Shifter, Barton Bracket, JHR clutch line, J&M LCAs, Boss Oil Cooler, WeatherTech Digital Fit, Black Emblems. Deletes: Resonators, Sound Tube, Spring Assist.
2007 Suburban LTZ 4x4- 5.3 Liter, 2" Ruff Country Level Kit
1995 F-350 Powerstroke 4x4 Crew Cab- Way to much to list ( Slow but fast, Fast but Slow)
1973 F-250 4x4 Highboy- Under Restoration, Built 460, C6.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Any pics? Or hints on how to keep the period red while painting the numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
A few things- a blow dryer will heat up the emblem, making it easier to remove with fishing line. I used dental floss on mine. Tip for the red dot. Silly putty. Just mash a little ball of it into the indentation as your flexible mask. Paint. Remove.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
A few things- a blow dryer will heat up the emblem, making it easier to remove with fishing line. I used dental floss on mine. Tip for the red dot. Silly putty. Just mash a little ball of it into the indentation as your flexible mask. Paint. Remove.
Yup! I used a blow dryer to slightly heat the emblems then some thin nylon string to work around. A plastic squeegee helped to get them started. Popped right off. I also used the same method to remove the side scoops. Works well.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page