Y'all are great American Muscle - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Y'all are great American Muscle

I just wanted to give y'all some credit for being so great and helpful. I would like to thank mike in customer service for working hard to price match some new axlebacks for my '11 v6. Just wanted to say thanks for helping my mustang stick out and being so helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2011 Race Red Mustang V6 Performance Pack
Current mods: Matte black hood black out and retro quater panel stripes, metallic deck lid panel, AIRAID CAI,Pype bomb axlebacks, and 87 performance tuned by BAMA
Future Mods: Aluminum Driveshaft, lowering springs, and exterior trim after summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
Apprentice

Same here

Thanks AM for price matching my Airaid CAI for my 2013 V6 Mustang. I must say I did not think AM was going to price match since their advertised Black Friday sales price was $242 and I found it for $217 shipped. They gave me no issues and had that item in-stock. Picked up a pair of 3.7 black fender badges while I was at it too.

2013 Mustang GT - Performance - Brembo brakes, FRPP shocks and struts, FRPP-P springs, Steeda LCA's, White Line LCA relocation brackets, FRPP GT500 axle backs, Fastlane Motorsports Custom 93 Tune, JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BBK ceramic LT's w/ catted x-pipe.
Appearance - GT500 spoiler, Ford Racing SVT wheels, Roush upper / lower grille, Roush fogs, Roush front / side / rear splitters.
(416 rwhp / 388 tq)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
BOSS Member

We really appreciate the kind words! However the real Thanks goes to you guys. Thanks for being the best customers and friends in the world!

Let me know if you guys ever have any questions or need some assistance! I'm only a PM away.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne007nyc View Post
Thanks AM for price matching my Airaid CAI for my 2013 V6 Mustang. I must say I did not think AM was going to price match since their advertised Black Friday sales price was $242 and I found it for $217 shipped. They gave me no issues and had that item in-stock. Picked up a pair of 3.7 black fender badges while I was at it too.
Why would you do that Airborne?? You are penalizing the vendor who actually put a great price up in the first place. It is easy for American Muscle to come in after and say they will price match--why don't they make their prices competitive in the first place?

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
Why would you do that Airborne?? You are penalizing the vendor who actually put a great price up in the first place. It is easy for American Muscle to come in after and say they will price match--why don't they make their prices competitive in the first place?
The way I see it Gerry is if you have a vendor you really like, who has good customer service, and price matches. Then Joe Schmo vendor advertises a ridiculously low price for something you want, then go to your favorite vendor and price match. I'd do it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Red3.7 View Post
The way I see it Gerry is if you have a vendor you really like, who has good customer service, and price matches. Then Joe Schmo vendor advertises a ridiculously low price for something you want, then go to your favorite vendor and price match. I'd do it.
Red, remember that the only reason prices are kept low is due to competition!!! If you don't encourage competition between vendors, then the larger companies will squeeze out the smaller ones and eventually you see only the larger ones remaining in business. This results in a monopoly and monopolies equal higher prices. Don't you think that the Joe Schmo vendor deserves some business for having the courage to put up a low price??

And do you think that American Muscle are the only vendor with great customer service? I have dealt with CJ Pony Parts, Stage3Motorsports, Steeda, and Late Model Restoration and they all have very good customer service as far as I am concerned.

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots

Last edited by gerryyf; 11-23-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added some info
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well I'm not gonna tell y'all parts or prices but when jegs has a lower price, I would rather have American muscle price match it for me. Jegs isn't Joe Schmo, they're a power house parts dealer, but they aren't an authority on mustangs like American muscle.

Current mods: Matte black hood black out and retro quater panel stripes, metallic deck lid panel, AIRAID CAI,Pype bomb axlebacks, and 87 performance tuned by BAMA
Future Mods: Aluminum Driveshaft, lowering springs, and exterior trim after summer.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy9505 View Post
Well I'm not gonna tell y'all parts or prices but when jegs has a lower price, I would rather have American muscle price match it for me. Jegs isn't Joe Schmo, they're a power house parts dealer, but they aren't an authority on mustangs like American muscle.
AM doesn't make the parts, so what does it matter if they are a so-called authority on Mustangs?? Sorry, but I don't get the relevance of that point ponyboy!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Because why would I deal with jegs who does not focus on mustangs instead of a company who does?

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy9505 View Post
Because why would I deal with jegs who does not focus on mustangs instead of a company who does?

Fair enough, that is a valid reason to deal with one vendor over another.

11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
Red, remember that the only reason prices are kept low is due to competition!!! If you don't encourage competition between vendors, then the larger companies will squeeze out the smaller ones and eventually you see only the larger ones remaining in business. This results in a monopoly and monopolies equal higher prices. Don't you think that the Joe Schmo vendor deserves some business for having the courage to put up a low price??

And do you think that American Muscle are the only vendor with great customer service? I have dealt with CJ Pony Parts, Stage3Motorsports, Steeda, and Late Model Restoration and they all have very good customer service as far as I am concerned.
Oh I'm a strong believer in the free market system, trust me. And there are many great vendors with excellent customer service, I've used 3 you listed with no complaints what so ever, and autoanything several times too and they were great. But if I want a part for my car I'm going to go with my favorite vendor over one I don't know, especially if my favorite vendor has price matching. Why roll the dice, and wind up with a crappy service horror story about joeschmoparts.com?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page