Want to see if I went too far or not... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Want to see if I went too far or not...

tl;dr Did you ever have someone throw something at ur Mustang and how did you react?

Driving home after visiting the grandma and I pulled up to a red light. It was a busy intersection with 2 lane turning lane with a POS truck next to me. I heard something hit the roof of my car pretty loud and I instinctively look over to the truck and see the driver frantically rolling up his window (30 degrees F outside).

He keeps looking forward and his gf glances over with a look of "oh crap he saw". They must've been 18 ish (I'm 26). I'm pissed because they threw something at my car and I'm parked RIGHT NEXT TO THEM WITH NO ONE NEXT TO ME! I mean come on! Did you think you would get away with me not knowing?

So I keep staring, mouthing some questionable language to both of them. Light turns green and they shoot off. I follow cuz I'm kinda pissed not knowing if they damaged or scratched anything. They try to lose me by driving through a red light. I wait and see them stuck at the other light going into a theater. I continue to follow until they park. They don't get out of car. I make a couple of passes and park behind them and take down his plate number. Did I go too far? Or not far enough?

Anyone ever have this happen to them? I don't know if I was more mad that they threw something at my car or because they were so blatant about it?

2012 Lava Red Mustang V6 3.31 A/T, DG Custom Louvers, smoked tail lights, Airaid CAI, Bama 87P, GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Spoiler, strut tower brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thHorseman View Post
tl;dr Did you ever have someone throw something at ur Mustang and how did you react?

Driving home after visiting the grandma and I pulled up to a red light. It was a busy intersection with 2 lane turning lane with a POS truck next to me. I heard something hit the roof of my car pretty loud and I instinctively look over to the truck and see the driver frantically rolling up his window (30 degrees F outside).

He keeps looking forward and his gf glances over with a look of "oh crap he saw". They must've been 18 ish (I'm 26). I'm pissed because they threw something at my car and I'm parked RIGHT NEXT TO THEM WITH NO ONE NEXT TO ME! I mean come on! Did you think you would get away with me not knowing?

So I keep staring, mouthing some questionable language to both of them. Light turns green and they shoot off. I follow cuz I'm kinda pissed not knowing if they damaged or scratched anything. They try to lose me by driving through a red light. I wait and see them stuck at the other light going into a theater. I continue to follow until they park. They don't get out of car. I make a couple of passes and park behind them and take down his plate number. Did I go too far? Or not far enough?

Anyone ever have this happen to them? I don't know if I was more mad that they threw something at my car or because they were so blatant about it?
If all you did was follow them to get their plate number, then that's completely okay in my book. His girlfriend probably said "oh my god, that car there is amazing!" and he probably said "Whatever, my (insert opposing american brand here) truck ****s fords" and threw that at your car. What a joke. He's probably upset that he'll never be able to afford a mustang.

2000 Mustang GT
Black/Black 5speed
Performance: stock

My pride and joy, my first car ever. Bought on 6/2/2013.

Check it out at my channel here: youtube.com/mustangfanatic95
Expect more vids in the Spring: Car shows, cruises, fly-bys, etc.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

My sophomore year I threw some kid against a brick wall and gut punched him a few times for throwing ice at my car. I know it was wrong and I regret it. What I did was too far. You were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2011 Race Red Mustang V6 Performance Pack
Current mods: Matte black hood black out and retro quater panel stripes, metallic deck lid panel, AIRAID CAI,Pype bomb axlebacks, and 87 performance tuned by BAMA
Future Mods: Aluminum Driveshaft, lowering springs, and exterior trim after summer.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
Apprentice

I feel your frustration man. Did they do any damage? As for going too far, I think it's OK you got their license #, but you really have to be careful these days. People are really nuts anymore and there's no telling what they might do if they feel threatened by you.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
Apprentice
4.6L Member

I would have pulled em out the fkn truck, so no u didnt go to far, its always good to keep ur cool sometimes but dont let em get away with that $hit

1999 Mustang GT

profile for all mods.. with much more to come, if i don't find a Terminator i want!!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the input guys. I have a short fuse so I think I handled it well. Tonight is my lifting night so I will use this to help me get some extra reps

Also his gf was buttttttt ugly! I'll take my girl over that uggo any day

2012 Lava Red Mustang V6 3.31 A/T, DG Custom Louvers, smoked tail lights, Airaid CAI, Bama 87P, GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Spoiler, strut tower brace
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
11Red3.7

2 things:

1. You're asking us, so no.
2. Their is no mug shot of you posted, so again no, you didn't go too far.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
PONY Member

The real question is: Do you believe it was intentional? If not, and it was just a crap mistake, then it is what it is. It sucks, but **** happens.

If they threw it at your car with the intention of messing your car up, then all bets are off.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

you're fine. When my car got side-swiped this past summer (sitting on my own property of all places), I had to be physically restrained from kicking dude's ass. Once I calmed down I apologized. You acted as any car enthusiast would, IMO. Your frustration and intolerance of stupidity is a natural response to others' carelessness. I bet Dude never ever does that again, which made it worthwhile. People tend to remember something when you put the fear of god in 'em.

I've spent almost every dollar I've ever made on FAST cars, COLD beer, and HOT women. The rest, I just WASTED! 2011 GT auto, Race Red w/ white C-stripes/Airaid/BAMA/Steeda cat-delete/Heartthrob 3" catback & H-pipe/Hushpowers/UPR CA's/FRPP 3.55's & diff cover/Tint/billet grilles/CDC chin spoiler/GT500wing & valance/P.A. trans pan/ARP wheel studs/AMR 18x9/10. RACEDAY: RaceStars w/big n littles. 1/8 mi. ET- 7.63.

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You didn't overract at all, I call that well contained in fact. I think I'd have had a real hard time breaking off pursuit.

Did you make a police report? More important was there a company name/number on the truck? I'd not be turning the cheek on this because if they did that for no reason, what are they going to do in that truck if someone actually does something they consider "wrong." And consider if they hit your roof, they were probably aiming for your window and missed. I'd say physical harm to your person as well as your car was intended.

Remember to refer to it as unprovoked road rage on the part of the other party and suddenly the law will starts to listen carefully.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have to say you did good. It could of been worst. Road rage is real. Peoples lose their life over things like that. I just turned 30 but I wasn't so mature in my early days through early 20's. There was times where I did things that could have gotten me some time in jail probably. I don't see nothing wrong with what you have done. It could have been worst.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
PONY Member

You're fine. If it were me I'd have gotten out immediately once I heard the noise and saw what it was that was thrown and also if there was any damage. Then, I would have picked up whatever object it was (if possible) and thrown said object directly at the point if origin with extreme prejudice. Might not be the most mature thing to do, but it's better than shooting out their tires...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 GT C/S, MT82 Race red with all black interior
Conti Extreme Contact DWS's 245/45 ZR 19
GT500 axle-backs with resonator deletes, FRPP tune
BMR poly LCA's
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well there was no blood drawn, so you're fine. Did he damage the car?

2011 Red Candy Metallic GT Premium w/ Bassani Race axle backs, Heartthrob X-pipe and over axle pipes, Bama Tune, 3.73s, JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold, Brembos, JLT oil separator, Ford Racing adjustable shocks and struts w/ H&R Race springs, Whiteline front and rear sway bars, 18x10 SVE Drifts w/ 305/645/18 Pirelli slicks
Texas World Speedway PB 2:07.9
MSR Houston PB 1:58.8
2003 Roush F-150 Stage 2 (daily)
PONY Member

I hope I am not put in the same situation, don't think I would handle it well.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Didn't see any scratches or damages but it was dark and flashlight wasn't best source of light. First light tomorrow I'm doing a thorough inspection for any scratches on the roof.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page