Need some qualified opinions on some almost made purchases. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
old_goat

Need some qualified opinions on some almost made purchases.

I've already gotten some goodies to be installed (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...203-post1.html), however it seems I've gotten some great buys on a couple of items that I would like some opinions on.

First of all will be the FR500 axle backs, which is a given, discussion not really needed.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-g...ck-2011gt.html

Next comes the things I really need some opinions on.
SCT flash tuner 3015. I know it's not Bama, Steeda, or AED, but from what I understand this tune is fine as is, maybe a couple of hp less than the named tunes, but is a bit more conservative.
SCT Performance - SCT SF3 Power Flash Ford Programmer**Part Number: 3015

AIRRAID cai, model 451-264
2011-12 Mustang 5.0L AirRaid Synthamax Cold Air Intake Kit
Any opinions on how to block out the possibility of any water leakage on a 2013 hood appreciated.

Any and all qualified opinions wanted and appreciated. I really want to see if there is something out there about these 2 things that I may have missed as I've tried to do my searches and homework. As far as price goes, through a dealer I'm buddies with, the prices are on par with other black Friday purchases or a bit better. All of these parts are brand new.

My goal is to get deep into the low 12's with these mods and some 17" drag radials. At this point, none of these goodies listed are on the car, the car is still completely and totally bone stock.

Car is 2013 Mustang GT,non premium, manual with 3.73 gears. Non brembo package.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012
PONY Member

I'm not sure if I'm "qualified", but if you get the tuner and CAI combo from American Muscle, you'll get free tunes as well. With tires and a tune many guys have run into the 11's.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, 3.73's,
Hotchkis springs, 18x9.5,18x11 Forgestar CF5's, Lethal o/r H-Pipe, JLT CAI, BBR tune, Hotchkis panhard, UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR LCA's, MGW, GT500 strut mounts, KYB struts, GT500 ab's, Steeda motor mounts, NX plate

2003 Mach 1-R.I.P
2003 Mach 1-Procharged*SOLD*
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012
old_goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnuts23 View Post
I'm not sure if I'm "qualified", but if you get the tuner and CAI combo from American Muscle, you'll get free tunes as well. With tires and a tune many guys have run into the 11's.
I worded this badly. I wanted to edit out the qualified comment, but was too late.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012
Apprentice

If you know in your heart that these are the only intake or exaust mods you will ever do, you will be fine with these selections. BUT remember this any & all intake & exaust mods after this would (should) need A new tune. Which means you would have to buy A new tune from A SCT dealer of your chosing after each mod you do of this type(LT headers,X pipe...). Tunes for life is the way to go IMO.Anytime you do A mod call the dealer up, tell them the mod, & they will email the new tune to you.

2012 premium GT,kona blue,bembro package,3:73 rear. 620 RWHP To many mods to list see profile
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012
old_goat

After talking to a man I trust and respect from the G8 forums and currently a man who has a fine 5.0, I've decided to take the safe route and go with procal, filter, and GT500 axelbacks. GeorgeInNePa knows his stuff about cars, so he had a lot of influence with this decision.

My car is <3 months old and has <2,000 miles, I need more break in time and time to get any problems that may come up to come up. I will probably head this direction next year, but at this point getting a few less HP from a procal is more important than messing with the warranty.

Thanks to those who replied, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I'll take a chance with the MGW, lower control arms, and line lock, along with the procal, filter, and GT500 mufflers. That should hold me for a year or so.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The procal lowers your powertrain warranty from 5/100k to 3/36k.

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
The procal lowers your powertrain warranty from 5/100k to 3/36k.
Actually no. The FRPP Tune adds a 3yr/36000 mile warranty to the existing 5yr/60000 mile warranty. The FRPP added warranty comes into play if Ford says the FRPP tune caused a problem in the drivetrain. The Ford 5yr/60000 mile warranty continues in effect.

"Warranted Performance Parts

Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when
installed on a late model Ford vehicles by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer or Shelby Automotive, Inc,
beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or
36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle
Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for
engine, driveline and suspension parts when a concern is triggered by a warranted Ford Racing part. This
Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and
suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern.
Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle
Limited Warranty.
All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing
parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

http://www.fordracingparts.com/annou...2012_Packs.pdf

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
You might want to check into the pinging issues owners of the Procal/FRPP tune are having.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_goat View Post
I've already gotten some goodies to be installed (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...203-post1.html), however it seems I've gotten some great buys on a couple of items that I would like some opinions on.

First of all will be the FR500 axle backs, which is a given, discussion not really needed.
Ford Racing Mustang GT500 Style Axle-Back (2011-2013 GT) M-5230-MGTCA1 - Free Shipping!

Next comes the things I really need some opinions on.
SCT flash tuner 3015. I know it's not Bama, Steeda, or AED, but from what I understand this tune is fine as is, maybe a couple of hp less than the named tunes, but is a bit more conservative.
SCT Performance - SCT SF3 Power Flash Ford Programmer**Part Number: 3015

AIRRAID cai, model 451-264
2011-12 Mustang 5.0L AirRaid Synthamax Cold Air Intake Kit
Any opinions on how to block out the possibility of any water leakage on a 2013 hood appreciated.

Any and all qualified opinions wanted and appreciated. I really want to see if there is something out there about these 2 things that I may have missed as I've tried to do my searches and homework. As far as price goes, through a dealer I'm buddies with, the prices are on par with other black Friday purchases or a bit better. All of these parts are brand new.

My goal is to get deep into the low 12's with these mods and some 17" drag radials. At this point, none of these goodies listed are on the car, the car is still completely and totally bone stock.

Car is 2013 Mustang GT,non premium, manual with 3.73 gears. Non brembo package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_goat View Post
After talking to a man I trust and respect from the G8 forums and currently a man who has a fine 5.0, I've decided to take the safe route and go with procal, filter, and GT500 axelbacks. GeorgeInNePa knows his stuff about cars, so he had a lot of influence with this decision.

My car is <3 months old and has <2,000 miles, I need more break in time and time to get any problems that may come up to come up. I will probably head this direction next year, but at this point getting a few less HP from a procal is more important than messing with the warranty.

Thanks to those who replied, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I'll take a chance with the MGW, lower control arms, and line lock, along with the procal, filter, and GT500 mufflers. That should hold me for a year or so.
I'm glad to hear our fellow forums members have been able to give you some advice. You'll be fine with the pro-cal if you only plan on doing an Axle Back and Filter! If you're looking at the long run, the SCT device may be your best bet. Mainly because we will write you an entirely custom tune from the ground up and anytime you add a new modification we will send you a revised file!

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any assistance! Keep in mind we also price match, so if you find any of these items cheaper somewhere else we'd gladly match it! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page