Aftermarket Shift Knobs. Do they all look goofy? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Nothing looks better than the premium factory aluminum knob . IMO

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
This is the Boss Shift Knob. I don't find the portion between the shift and the boot odd, but to each his own.
Agreed. This was my first mod and a very notable improvement for both appearance and function.

GT Member

Something completely different. The shift throw is actually as short as stock because of the custom shifter mechanism.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Apprentice

I really enjoy my Boss knob with the GT500 alcantara shift boot. Way better than the stock "nub" it came with.

2011 GT, Kona Blue Brembo 3.73

Mods: Airaid CAI, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks and dampers, BBK Longtubes and X-pipe, Lethal OAPs, GT500 Axle Back, Forgestar F14s 19x9/20x11, Fays2 Watts Link, Barton SS and Bracket
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I love my aluminum 401a option ball knob. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

-------------------------------------
[email protected] USA
Direct Email: [email protected]

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
GT Member

Yes

Exacty wht I was talking about a good Shifter to Steering wheel relation. How fast can you go through the gears?

T Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
Something completely different. The shift throw is actually as short as stock because of the custom shifter mechanism.

GT Member

I can't go into a lot of detail because we're getting ready to put this on the market. It is a shifter for the 6060 and is unlike anything else on the market. Ever cycle a bolt action rifle? That is how this shifter feels.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

GT Member
S197 Member

They look like.. ugh nvm I don't need another infraction

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
PONY Member

Speed Dawg.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Now we're getting somewhere. Not so much with the carbon fiber love shifter extension. Those are pretty common place in the japanese cars i'm used to and doesnt really apply to the initial question.
I like the black collar. At least it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like the polished ones. I'm really just looking for a knob that sits as low and as close to the collar without having that thin cylinder between the knob and the collar.

Worst case, I'll end up fabbing something with a heavy knob and some magnets to hold the boot up to the knob. (yeah... I said it... Magnets)

2013 5.0 - Deep Impact Blue
Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts
TWS CCW: 2:03.02
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post

[email protected] USA
Pics? Or were ones already posted here? If i could stay oem, that would be a suitable option. I'm fed up with this goofy nub that i have at the moment. :-)

2013 5.0 - Deep Impact Blue
Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts
TWS CCW: 2:03.02
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabongrob View Post
Pics? Or were ones already posted here? If i could stay oem, that would be a suitable option. I'm fed up with this goofy nub that i have at the moment. :-)
This is the 401A shift knob, which also requires the matching boot. Together they make this an expensive option, and this setup has the collar and sleeve that you don't like.

I recently replaced my car's 401A knob with the black Boss 302 knob, which uses the same boot (i.e., so I had to buy only the knob). The 401A knob looks great, but it's cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I had a billet knob in the Miata that I drove for 17 years, and that was enough.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Nothing looks better than the premium factory aluminum knob . IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post

[email protected] USA
+3 I like the classic look this knob emulates.

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic GT | Premium | MT-82 | Security Package | Window Tint | 401A Aluminum Shift Knob/Shift Boot | Ford Racing Sport Mufflers
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Speed Dawg.

+1 on Speeddawg. I couldn't figure out how to get away with the goofy looking boot retainer either. Even my 500 has a long neck on it.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
PONY Member

i have replaced the plastic "dildo" type knob with a Roush cue ball kit. Kit includes the knob, the collar and the boot. Collar is satin silver and the ball feels great. Less bling than the Steeda ball and collar.

Part #: 421122

I also replaced that UGLY wheel with a GT500 steering wheel to complete the look and for more driving pleasure. Also swapped out the original annoying headrests for the newer tilting ones . My base interior is getting quite confortable ;-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang Roush Shifter Knob Kit.jpg
Views:	5825
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	167310  

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page