Ford Mustang Forum banner

Aftermarket Shift Knobs. Do they all look goofy?

15K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  theduke 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and have been poking around and searching. I'm wondering whether all aftermarket shift knobs end up using the goofy collars or if there is another options.

What I don't want:

What I do want:

Notice how the space between the knob and the boot isn't incredibly defined as in the first picture.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :bigthumbsup

See less See more
#39 ·
That's awesome! I just ordered a basic-white EPCO knob yesterday ... only thing on it will be the shift pattern engraved in black.
Can't wait to get it.

#40 ·
They all look goofy....

#42 ·
It's not the knobs that look silly. (opinion of course, I don't want anyone to take the title in the wrong way) It's the adapters.

At this point, I'm going to check out the speeddawg adapter.

F91, that knob looks great with your color schema. :bigthumbsup

Anyone know the weight on the Epco knobs? Looks like they're the same knobs speeddawg sells. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#43 ·
My EPCO knob just arrived :)

Install planned for tomorrow :)

I will also try this spacer set-up, but it's not fully polished yet so I won't leave it on, even if it fits right.

#44 ·
Got my EPCO knob installed today and so far I really like it. Shifting is a little different, toward the "more fun" category :)

It's solid white, 2 1/8" size, and I was fairly happy to have previously-purchased an adapter, otherwise it would've looked horrible with the huge space in-between the shifter boot and the shifter knob (see pictures below)

Now, as far as to why that spacer/adapter looks the way it does: I bought it anodized black and was in the process of polishing it myself, but after a couple of days of working it with my Dremel, I got busy with other stuff and never finished it. It looks kinda ghetto, but OK enough for me, for now. Eventually I'll remove it and finish the job.

Now, for the pics:

#45 ·
Really glad you posted this picture. (Nice knob as well) Shows me what I'll be working with. Might see if I can just get a custom boot made and make my own adapter.

#48 ·
Awesome. Thank you! No huge billet pieces. Now I just have to wait for my knob to come in to see which direction I'm going to go in!

#50 ·
My Steeda ball (black) will ship tomorrow along with my GT500 Axle Backs! :kooky:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.