Purchasing used 2011 @ 44k km mileage - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Purchasing used 2011 @ 44k km mileage

I was thinking of purchasing a 2011 V6 Mustang at 44000km for $16,500. I realize I have some wiggle room for price negotiation.

Are there any concerns for purchasing a mustang with this much mileage on it? Especially with 44k mileage on a 2011.

What are some things i should look out for?

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
Apprentice

Wow no.... Lol

Sent from my HTC Rezound with the AutoGuide App.

Waiting to see this 2015 Mustang and saving money to pre order one
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

nope, really it's average milage...have fun

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

No worries, go for it! I have 39k on my GT/CS and it still like new!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
i must of got the deal of a life time, I got the last 2012 v6 with a stick they had and was ever going to get, new with 12 miles for $17,095

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
Beast3.7

Yes that is an awesome price for a new base mustang.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If you spend 5-6k more could get a used gt just saying lol and just make sure the engine was taken care of as far as maintenance goes

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
Apprentice

good price. I found it on autotrader.ca... I would just make sure the manual transmission is good and if so, go for it.

CDNSTANG
2012 V6 Premium Pony Package|Black|Tape stripe delete|OEM charcoal leather take offs|Airaid CAI|Roush Axle Backs| Eibach Pro Kit| Tinted Tail Lights| Gold Plasti-Dipped Rims| 3000K 35W HID Fog Lights|Tinted windows| Stillen Chin Spoiler|GT500 Mud Guards|Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
BOSS Member
S197 Member

44,000 kilometers is about 24,000 miles which is not a lot. Do you know how many owners the car has had ?

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Rookie

Its an average mileage so I guess you have nothing to worry about. Ive got V6 Mustang with 40000 km mileage about 2 years ago but it was a salvage car. When I was looking for cheap mustang for sale I knew that its an average mileage. So for the used car I think $16,500 an awesome price.
Rookie

I think its an average mileage
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Check Carfax or other source of vehicle history to see if it was a rental car. If it is a V6 base model with automatic transmission then there is a good chance it was a rental car.

Personally I don't have the same huge problem with ex-rental cars that other people seem to have, but I would definitely want to know BEFORE I bought it whether it had been a rental car or not.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
PONY Member

That mileage is nothing, i have 18K total on mine (daily driver) and I've had it for one year, as long as the regular maintenance has been done then you're good to go. I would say though that the price might be too high.

2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

OP, if it's a standard pay attention to how it shifts see numerous threads on this subject. If it's an auto there seem to be few complaints about them. I like my V6

For you folks gagging at the price the OP is in Canada and they get the special price...

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 v6 mustang , high mileage mustang , mustang with 40+k mileage , purchasing used mustang , v6 used mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page