2013 301A GT, Gotta Have It Green/6MT/3.31
1983 GT, Bright Red/5MT/T-Tops/3.08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Strong thread title.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Beast3.7

Thank you, thank you. I thought you guys would get a kick out of it lol.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Around 4:30 they state the fuel mileage on REGULAR gas....that probably didn't help the times. And I agree, 13.5 is laughable.
I think it was Motortrend that tested a 2011 Brembo w/ 3.73 and it did a 12.7 quarter.

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
Apprentice

motortrend can't drive.... if I ran those times I'd be so embarrassed to even post them lol

2013 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue 12.28 @ 116.29mph
Track Pack | Recaros | Bama | Steeda | Ford Racing | JBA | Eibach | J&M | 3dCarbon | Barton | Street Scene | RVinyl | Velgen | Roush | MMD | Trufiber
Sold - 2010 GT Premium - 308whp 320wtq - 12.92 @ 105.62mph
Youtube - PerformanceFanatic - Check out my 2013 Mustang Videos!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCE EATR View Post
motortrend can't drive....
Very true.

Motorweek cant drive either

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Apprentice

Bring in the Stig!

CDNSTANG
2012 V6 Premium Pony Package|Black|Tape stripe delete|OEM charcoal leather take offs|Airaid CAI|Roush Axle Backs| Eibach Pro Kit| Tinted Tail Lights| Gold Plasti-Dipped Rims| 3000K 35W HID Fog Lights|Tinted windows| Stillen Chin Spoiler|GT500 Mud Guards|Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I bet they use Capitol Raceway, which is not top-tier in terms of track prep.

Just watched the video, they actually used 75-80 Raceway in Maryland off 270. I've only been there once, and I don't think I will ever go again. About the worst track prep imaginable, I spun so bad it felt like my clutch was completely gone. Also their organization was terrible. I ran a best of 12.73 @ 113ish feathering the clutch and throttle there out of two runs. The first run was, ahem, worse than Motorweek's run....
Beast3.7

I was just making light of the review. I found it somewhat humorous and wanted to share.
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Grimmace got it right... 75-80! That's the only track I've been to and the best I could pull was a 13.03 @ 109...

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed: Mach 1 grille delete, K&N drop-in air filter, 75mm BBK throttle body, ported C&L plenum, UPR upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks/struts, McLeod Super Street Pro clutch kit, AM firewall adjuster, MM clutch quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Bassani catted x pipe, Flowmaster weld-in 40's, SCT 93 octane Bama tune
SOLD
for...
2013 Mustang GT 6 speed: GT Track Package, 301A Tech Package, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Axleback, Steeda Shifter Bushing
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I used to watch this show when it was still on PBS. I even used to get up early on Saturday mornings just to see it. Back then I think it was exciting because there was no alternative, as in The Internet.

I watched it again about a year ago and it was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I bet if my Grandmother was driving my car you could beat her in a race. Would that mean there was something wrong with my car's performance and that I should take it to a dealer right away?
Sounds like you need a "Grandmother Mod". lol :kooky:

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
5POINTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenfish39 View Post
Around 4:30 they state the fuel mileage on REGULAR gas....that probably didn't help the times.
Good point, right there is a small hp/tq loss, plus I think someone mentioned they had TC and AT on.
PONY Member

Can I throw it in that my 2010 Civic SI was faster? Eh? Poke with a hot stick?

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
PONY Member

Everyone knows the '11-'12 GTs are faster than the '13s.....wait for it...wait for it... I'm just kidding, but seriously I usually buy a new car about every year but didn't like the front end of the '13 and the spy shots of the new one don't impress either. I guess I will just try to pick up a used GT500.

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73 rear, Steeda shift bracket, GT500 ABs, tint, matte black OTT stripe, Boss shift knob and boot, MMD taillight trim, Infinity speaker upgrade
Previous Mustangs: 91 Lx 5.0 404 rwhp, 93 notch, 98 GTvert slow as hell,99 Gt, 2000 GT, 2001 GT, all manuals and all will be missed, mainly the 91 she was sweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page