Euro Sales of Mustang being questioned - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
 
C Green's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Killen
Posts: 453
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
I'm not sure why a newer model being "worse" than the old matters. If you like the older ones, buy an older one. If the new one sucks, it doesn't make all previous models before it disappear.
This is true, but I like to buy a new car every few years. I have been driving Mustang GTs since I was 16 in 1996.. this has made me an extreme Mustang snob. I can't even think of driving any other performance car..well except for dream cars ie. Ferrari and porsche. But since I am on a Mustang budget I would like to have a car I like out there available. I guess it is stupid to worry about, I am sure it will be a cool car. There is just that worry in the back of my head after hearing"euro styling" to attract a global market and "ecoboost" ahhhh, giving me nightmares.


2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73 rear, Steeda shift bracket, GT500 ABs, tint, matte black OTT stripe, Boss shift knob and boot, MMD taillight trim, Infinity speaker upgrade
Previous Mustangs: 91 Lx 5.0 404 rwhp, 93 notch, 98 GTvert slow as hell,99 Gt, 2000 GT, 2001 GT, all manuals and all will be missed, mainly the 91 she was sweet.
C Green is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Grimace427
Guest
 
Grimace427's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
I'm not sure why a newer model being "worse" than the old matters. If you like the older ones, buy an older one. If the new one sucks, it doesn't make all previous models before it disappear.

Yeah this is true to those who can see reason. Unfortunately there are those fanbois that use a model of vehicle(or anything for that matter) as their champion to brag about, even if they don't own it. Go on any car blog with a comments section and you see people *itching about Ferraris and Lamborginis as being better than the other despite having no chance of owning either. The new model 'needs' to be the best so they can stuff it in their opposition's face. Very unfortunate indeed.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
Asphalt Cowboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 6,960
 
I got my Mustang back last week in France, and I was amazed as soon as I drove off the port how the french went crazy over it. I stopped in Le Mans, where there is a track and where famous races happen from time to time; almost everyone on the streets were looking at me go by, some young guys went completely nuts screaming "It's a Mustang!", folks were taking photos and so on, it was really unbelievable! Even if I had some good comments when I was in the US, I've never seen this kind of behavior that I saw last week...
Since then, my Mustang has been sitting in my garage, but I'm sure it's gonna be the same again when I will come out again with it.

All I can say is: Ford will make good sales with the Mustang in Europe, if people have other choices than the V8, YerBuddysPony is right. But also if they keep that American look. In France, and I assume in Germany and other countries in Europe it's the same, they don't want a Mustang to look european, one of the reasons the Mustang is so popular in Europe, is because it's a true American Icon. Don't take this away Ford, or you'll screw up big time, and not only in Europe, but in America too.


2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Asphalt Cowboy is offline  
 
Apprentice
 
z928's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Qatar
Posts: 201
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
I got my Mustang back last week in France, and I was amazed as soon as I drove off the port how the french went crazy over it. I stopped in Le Mans, where there is a track and where famous races happen from time to time; almost everyone on the streets were looking at me go by, some young guys went completely nuts screaming "It's a Mustang!", folks were taking photos and so on, it was really unbelievable! Even if I had some good comments when I was in the US, I've never seen this kind of behavior that I saw last week...
Since then, my Mustang has been sitting in my garage, but I'm sure it's gonna be the same again when I will come out again with it.

All I can say is: Ford will make good sales with the Mustang in Europe, if people have other choices than the V8, YerBuddysPony is right. But also if they keep that American look. In France, and I assume in Germany and other countries in Europe it's the same, they don't want a Mustang to look european, one of the reasons the Mustang is so popular in Europe, is because it's a true American Icon. Don't take this away Ford, or you'll screw up big time, and not only in Europe, but in America too.
In my opinion- People in Europe may like the stang but many only few percentage would buy it( rich people & enthusiast?). With the current economic recession & the high fuel price & also I think cities in Europe(e.g.London) have congestion charge for high powered CC cars?

For e.g Mustang sold in Philippines, Japan, Middle east costs more than in the US. In the Philippines- A standard 13' V6 costs 90k USD (Crazy tax, dealer mark up)which only the rich can afford. Also the annual tax for high powered CC cars will be very expensive.
I know US car manufacturer like to sell "mass production" & to reach sales figure in other countries like what the US is selling- Is impossible.

The Chrysler 300C in Asia didn't do very well because the price of the car matches the high specs BMW 5 Series or Mercedes E class. Many 300C in Asia ended as fleet cars for hotels & Limousine taxi.

Our first new ride in Qatar:An American car!
2013 Ford Mustang V6 Black with 18 inch wheels, side "Mustang stripe", 3D carbon GT500 type spoiler
Ride back home:
1991 R129 500SL, 1992 Porsche 928 GTS, 1996 E36 328 & 1997 W140 S320
z928 is offline  
PONY Member
 
by9468840's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 666
 
As a European I don't understand why anyone is considering speaking of fuel economy when considering a mustang? It's as stupid as wondering buying a chain saw and wondering if it could make an espresso for you! Us Europeans only buy the mustang ( we pay close to $60000 for a premium GT today!) not because of its mpg or size or technology. Because of its iron fist sheer v8 power and its mechanics that make you feel the car as if its a part of your body and its
American heritage. We love mustangs because they have always been the powerful getaway car
In every movie. It's always been badass. No European car is ever truly badass. It's just a product of some
German maker who loves spending 100million in research for how to make the door nob lighter. And maybe the cigarette lighter material more green. Mustang is for us, one of the last remaining icon of true awesomeness of a proper car. In mustang european world no one dares talking of mpgs, v6s, in line 4s, ecoboosts.

If mustang ever came out with a Eco mental 2.0 liter turbo, why would I even consider buying one? We only buy mustangs because of its live old school rear axle, lousy manual tranny, and awesome 5.0 coyote engine. It's a big mistake to try to Europeanize a mustang and try to compete with Audi, BMW etc.
so ford!! Please don't Europeanize and eventually rape the original MUstang heritage!
by9468840 is offline  
PONY Member
 
Mikeyt03's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 264
 
Hmm...mustang or m5 lol... If that's the case, ford shouldn't even bother.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Mikeyt03 is offline  
MACH I Member
 
YerBuddysPony's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: 'Land-O-Beer'
Posts: 3,143
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
What was the name of that Wild-West inspired town?
That would be Pullman City:


2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
YerBuddysPony is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: small town CT
Posts: 5,387
         
I'd let them scratch my hood.....

poor impulse control.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Strange Mud is offline  
replica
Guest
 
replica's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
One on the left. I'd like to make friends with her pooper.
GT Member
S197 Member
 
Allez Rouge's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Off The Back
Posts: 1,280
 
YBP, I'm sorry, but I had to click the "Report this image" link, because that picture is totally offensive.

I mean, I don't care what the law says in Germany ... that front license plate has gotta go!







Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Allez Rouge is offline  
PONY Member
 
GM Convert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Suburbs
Posts: 324
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
That would be Pullman City:


That's ironic.


Here is Texas, part of "The Wild West"


GM Convert is offline  
PONY Member
 
konabluev6's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 727
 
LOL... you see how thereīs always fans of each culture in other countries?

I seriously have to LOL at how passionate people get over the 15 model being worse than the current one when they HAVENT SEEN IT or DRIVEN IT

I will wait to see and drive it to see if I like it. If thereīs something that Mustang has been able to keep throughout these almost 50 years is its heritage. Will it have a V8, you bet it will, will it have a 4 banger or 6 banger, the 6 for sure, the 4 maybe. You donīt like the 4 cylinder, then donīt get it, its that simple. Maybe some markets will buy it.

I have lived through many generations of Mustangs (Iīm almost 40), I even love the ones that precede me (64 to 73). Of all the Mustangs generations that have existed, the only ones I definitely donīt like are the 74-78 notchbacks. The rest of them I love them... Iīve lived with and driven a 66, a 84, a 96, 03, an 81, a 10... you would be amazed at how "similar" they are in the way they feel and drive.

I think that if the current model is awesome, I donīt see why they canīt make the next generation better.

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
konabluev6 is offline  
BOSS Member
 
Blazin72's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Union
Posts: 3,543
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by by9468840 View Post
As a European I don't understand why anyone is considering speaking of fuel economy when considering a mustang? It's as stupid as wondering buying a chain saw and wondering if it could make an espresso for you! Us Europeans only buy the mustang ( we pay close to $60000 for a premium GT today!) not because of its mpg or size or technology. Because of its iron fist sheer v8 power and its mechanics that make you feel the car as if its a part of your body and its
American heritage. We love mustangs because they have always been the powerful getaway car
In every movie. It's always been badass. No European car is ever truly badass. It's just a product of some
German maker who loves spending 100million in research for how to make the door nob lighter. And maybe the cigarette lighter material more green. Mustang is for us, one of the last remaining icon of true awesomeness of a proper car. In mustang european world no one dares talking of mpgs, v6s, in line 4s, ecoboosts.

If mustang ever came out with a Eco mental 2.0 liter turbo, why would I even consider buying one? We only buy mustangs because of its live old school rear axle, lousy manual tranny, and awesome 5.0 coyote engine. It's a big mistake to try to Europeanize a mustang and try to compete with Audi, BMW etc.
so ford!! Please don't Europeanize and eventually rape the original MUstang heritage!
Great post. I love it!
Blazin72 is offline  
Apprentice
 
IA Shelby's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Ankeny
Posts: 235
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I would like to see the next Mustang be a little smaller. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see it shed 400lbs and keep the current drivetrain options.

However, if it ends up looking like a vague wannabe Scion Xc, Hyundai Genesis, Subaru BRZ, Nissan 370Z, or Honda Veloster I'm gonna puke. The '74-78 and '94-04 Mustangs were a disaster because Ford was convinced they needed to make the Mustang more like an import. They're the crappy cars that made "retro" work so well for the S197s. I'm not a doom-and-gloom guy, but I do see the '05-14 cars being fondly remembered.

Just stick with the plan, Ford. Make the styling distinctive, handsome, and aggressive; offer a V8 under the hood; and keep a lot of options on the sheet so that everyone can afford a bada$$ car for their budget.
I guess I never thought my 04 Cobra was "more like an import". Those two big fart cans out the back must have been the deciding factor.

[IMG][/IMG]
IA Shelby is offline  
PONY Member
 
Mikeyt03's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 264
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
YBP, I'm sorry, but I had to click the "Report this image" link, because that picture is totally offensive.

I mean, I don't care what the law says in Germany ... that front license plate has gotta go!






Lol, I reported it for the butch homegirl on the right. She needs to get off that stang!


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Mikeyt03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1