Floorjack & Jack Stand recommendations? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Invest in a set of race ramps. I bought two of the craftsman sets for black friday two years ago and the work pretty good. One of them has started to leak.

2004 SY Cobra, Pulley, CAI, Exhaust, Baer Brakes (458 rwhp & 479 rwtq) Projected completion June 2012

2011 RaceRed 5.0 6M; Brembo's, HIDs, Security, & 3.73s; 738 rwhp & 531 rwtq - Sold

2012 Limited Expedition EL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
I was looking recently and found some positive reviews of "Big Red" jacks. Might want to look into those as it seems that a lot of the reviews on Craftsman says they're leaky piles of junk...
I have a pretty hunky (gets the job done) Torin Big Red 3 ton jack that's a beast. The descent is so precise and it's worked flawlessly over the years. Not necessarily low pro but my way around that is 2"x10" wood ramps I've made, stacked 3 together sawed an angle to roll up on, to get me the clearance for the jack/stands. Works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
The Arcan XL35R? Yes apparently that's a sweet, cheap jack... Which is no longer available! Bah.
That is the exact jack I bought over the weekend several on the shelves at the 2 local Costco's I have been to...not sure why it would not be available, although it is not on their website.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhoundman View Post
That is the exact jack I bought over the weekend several on the shelves at the 2 local Costco's I have been to...not sure why it would not be available, although it is not on their website.
Only have Sams club's locally to me. Don't wanna buy a costco membership just to locate one in store. Shame! Looks, and sounds like a fantastic deal! I'm going to run down to harbor freight this weekend and check out that low profile one.

Thanks!

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage541 View Post
This is exactly what I need. Do you have the exact model number for it?
sorry its 24"...still thats crazy tall and its on sale for 129.00

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-l...ump-68050.html

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_reber View Post
I second (or third) the Harbor frieght unit. I have both the 2.5 ton low profile (Floor Jack With Rapid Pump, 2.5 Ton Heavy Duty Steel)

And I have the lightweight aluminum racing jack (Aluminum Floor Jack - 1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Jack) to take with when I got to the track, or need to take some where.

You can usually find them on sale for 59-69 bucks, you just have to wait until those models go on sale.
ive heard mixee reviews on the aluminum ones as some have said there is some flex in them as opposed to the steel...but damn they are so much lighter...lol...but it sounds like they arent your main jacks...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellobatman View Post
I have a pretty hunky (gets the job done) Torin Big Red 3 ton jack that's a beast. The descent is so precise and it's worked flawlessly over the years. Not necessarily low pro but my way around that is 2"x10" wood ramps I've made, stacked 3 together sawed an angle to roll up on, to get me the clearance for the jack/stands. Works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
They make a low-profile one IIRC. Thinking about grabbing one for my dad (C5 owner) since his craftsman is just about crapped out.

2013 Track Pack GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page