Keyless Keypad with matching paint? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegiddings View Post
He got a small wireless one from eBay , works great. Hides perfect.
you have the man version of my car.. kudos

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

will this work on a base gt? or does it only sync to premium models?

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpenguin69 View Post
no, my dad picked it up at his dealer cuz mine only had this huge one at least twice the size.. looked terrible.. it was 85$ and it just sticks on with 3m tape. runs of batteries like the key fob 2016 i believe. it comes with instructions on how to sync it to the car. its that turn the key blah blah times and push the brake and then turn the key and push some buttons stuff.. its very good at explaining it.. you can set your own code or use the one that it came with.
I had no idea these existed! This is a definite buy for me. I love your location as well. I may consider a more permanent mount in your same location to prevent theft of the unit though. The fuel door is a cool idea as well.

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

PONY Member

just ordered mine. found out it works for all models. i think im going to color match mine and stick it right above the door handle. and i like the fact that the lights are red to... will look good on my race red

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
GT Member
V6 Member

The Ebay version looks like a bad idea. It's approximately 75 bucks and disposable. From the instruction manual:

"Low battery warning. If it locks one additional time it's time to replace the unit. The battery is not replaceable."

Brilliant.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-Mu...-/220864343651

2012 Kona Blue V6 6MT Pony package. 2.73 rear end, comfort package, Charcoal leather interior.

Driving it since 5/09/2011

Mods: Ford Mustang STB, Epco Rally stripe shifter ball, AFE non-oiled Air filter, Airaid mid pipe, GT500 Splash Guards, Ford Racing Rear Sway bar links and bushing kit, BMR rear LCA's, Bilstein monotube shocks, Eibach Pro-kit Springs.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I really really like this. I had always wondered why they wouldn't integrate a slim version of one of these pads under the door handle. I love the one on my F-150....it gets used 2-5 times a week no question. I might have to do this for the 5.0.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
PONY Member

I installed mine some months ago & have no problem how it looks.
I also got the switch blade key & remote and works way better then factory remote.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1383.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	167317  

Order 11/2 * Dora 11/6 * Vin 11/17 * Window Sticker 12/3 * Blend 12/8 * ETA 12/26 * Dealer 12/22 * Delivered 12/28/15

2016 I4 2.3L EcoBoost *Competition Orange * Group 201A * 6-Speed Auto * Security Package * Wheel & Stripe Package * Spare Tire * Park Assist
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13 View Post
I had no idea these existed! This is a definite buy for me. I love your location as well. I may consider a more permanent mount in your same location to prevent theft of the unit though. The fuel door is a cool idea as well.

Tim
I have seen people do the gas door thing but only on the sub '10 models. Since we have the capless and it has that rubber piece on the door i dont think it will fit there. But i didnt test it out. No one ever sees it or knows what im doing when i use it. Its funy to watch there facial expressions. You cant see it from your seat either so its not anything your gunna see while you drive. It was the quickest acess and least visible spot i could find.

http://accessories.ford.com/keyless-entry-keypad.html

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

The only real reason I want one is for letting my car warm up during winter. Our winter weather is very sporadic and gets 10 and below pretty regularly. I want to start the car, lock, then come back when its warm.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
GT Member

I installed mine on the dealer supplied rear license plate frame where its out of view and doesn't mess with the aesthetics of the car's design. The frame is the exact width as the keypad so it fits perfect. Couldn't bring myself to put it on the door of such a nice sportscar. Even an integrated one would seem out of place.

I love this thing. Not only has the stress of locking my keys in the car gone (I'm absentminded), now I don't have to go in the house every time I want to take something out the car or put something in. The ability to open the trunk with it is really cool too. Love dealing with Tousley Ford Parts. Good deal at $65. Get one and stop loving the 80s

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
The ability to open the trunk with it is really cool too.
I installed mine on the usual position and not one person ever questioned it. They all figured it came with the car. It's saved me twice when I locked my keys in. You say you can unlock your trunk with it? How?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	167336  

2012/5.0 Candy Red Tint,Premium Convertible , Auto,Rapid Spec 401A,Electronics package,RR sensing,HID,Accessory package 6,Active Anti-Theft,Power code Remote,19" wheels,Cloth top, GT 500 axel backs,RTR rear difusser,Roush lower rocker panel splitters,RTR lower chin spoiler, stripe kit, real burl wood inlays,rear tail light frames,chrome billet stuff in the cab,3dcarbon "E" grill and electronic curb alert.

Check out our web page @ specialtyrepairs.ca
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire1 View Post
I installed mine on the usual position and not one person ever questioned it. They all figured it came with the car. It's saved me twice when I locked my keys in. You say you can unlock your trunk with it? How?
As long as you like where it's stuck, that's what's important.

Mine came with directions which I assume can be googled somewhere but if you hit 5 right after putting in your code, the trunk releases. Same thing with opening the passenger door, think it's 3. Lock both doors by hitting the last two buttons at the same time.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
As long as you like where it's stuck, that's what's important.

Mine came with directions which I assume can be googled somewhere but if you hit 5 right after putting in your code, the trunk releases. Same thing with opening the passenger door, think it's 3. Lock both doors by hitting the last two buttons at the same time.
Thanks man. Just tried it and it worked! I must have missed that in the instructions. Thanks for the info.

2012/5.0 Candy Red Tint,Premium Convertible , Auto,Rapid Spec 401A,Electronics package,RR sensing,HID,Accessory package 6,Active Anti-Theft,Power code Remote,19" wheels,Cloth top, GT 500 axel backs,RTR rear difusser,Roush lower rocker panel splitters,RTR lower chin spoiler, stripe kit, real burl wood inlays,rear tail light frames,chrome billet stuff in the cab,3dcarbon "E" grill and electronic curb alert.

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

This is definitely going on my need to buy list.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Apprentice
S197 Member

Just a few moths ago at my sons wedding we arrived at the reception building. I had all the camera equipment in the trunk and was in a bit of a rush to get into the reception so I opened the trunk, removed all the equipment and closed the trunk and as soon as I did it I said "where in the %&**^ is the keys?

Well this could have been a bad situation because were were out on a remote island and there was no one at 5 in the evening going to do a lock out but remembered I had installed the key pad and all I had to do was remember the code .
As luck would have it I got it right on the second try and that key pad saved the day plus a lot of embarrassment . I don't care what it looks like but I'm sure happy it's there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page