You need to see this ad - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

You need to see this ad

Go to kijiji.ca search mustang in Alberta......there is a lady so she says is selling the farm and there is a black and white photo of a lady behind a 1960s Shelby vert .....she claims she is selling the farm to retire and her husband parked the car in the barn in the 70s...she claims it is all there.....asking $1000...............?????? Why does this seem to good to be true the ad was posted nov 26

2007 G5 alloy Premium vert GT. 4.6V8 5spd Black leather int with dove Shaker 1000 My colour dash Sirius GT appearance pkg Light bar Sequentials Shelby wheels/tires Shelby splitter tinted lights Bullitt strut brace Billett interior trim Rear blackout panel 3D carbon side scoops windscreen,flowmaster american thunder axel backs Bama tune Sctx4 tuner JLT CAI series 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012
GT Member

If that's real it wont last long. That's a 68 Shelby Convertible. In that pic it looks a little rough, so probably not in great shape now. Wish I had $1000....

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012
Apprentice

Ford Mustang Convertible Shelby Mustang - Edmonton Cars For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

'69 Mustang Fastback 250 I-6/Auto, '77 Mustang II Hardtop 2.8L V6 4spd, '65 Hardtop 302 3spd, '82 GT 5.0L 4spd, '93 Triple White Limited Edition LX Convertible 5.0L 5spd (1 of 444...ex-wife still has ), '93 Hatchback 5.0L 5spd ( gave to nephew... still has), 7 years without a Mustang while daughters driving/ in college, now 2005 Torch Red coupe 4.0L 5spd. Younger daughter has 2006 Torch Red convertible 4.0L Auto...bought same month March 2010..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
Go to kijiji.ca search mustang in Alberta......there is a lady so she says is selling the farm and there is a black and white photo of a lady behind a 1960s Shelby vert .....she claims she is selling the farm to retire and her husband parked the car in the barn in the 70s...she claims it is all there.....asking $1000...............?????? Why does this seem to good to be true the ad was posted nov 26
I'm on the other side of the continent or I'd be making the trip to check it out. It is either a 67 or 68 Shelby Mustang. I'm not astute enough to be able to tell which year or model just by looking at the rear end. Concerns would be the mismatched colors and poor fit of body panels and the lack of tailpipes. The print ad says "30,000KM". Why would there be missing tailpipes and sad bodywork on a vehicle with so few miles? But if you live in Alberta, if you can confirm that it is indeed a whole vehicle that isn't dissolving into rust and indeed is a Shelby, $1000 would be an absolute steal. The matching numbers on the car would be worth at least $10K to a collector with the bankroll to put the car back right. If it happens to be a KR, you can figure a minimum of $20K. If it starts, and moves under its own power, you can add a minimum of another $5K. Another problem area could be the title. I don't know about Canada, but in some states in the US, if the paperwork isn't correct, it could go to the crusher. It would be interesting to see if anyone on the Shelby forum has seen this.

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012
Apprentice

Just went to look. Ad is gone..

Hope it wasn't scam and someone found a "diamond in the rough".

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Yeah I wonder if it was a total scam or if it was true .., I for se reason think its a scam but I wonder if seone struck gold from some little old lady

2007 G5 alloy Premium vert GT. 4.6V8 5spd Black leather int with dove Shaker 1000 My colour dash Sirius GT appearance pkg Light bar Sequentials Shelby wheels/tires Shelby splitter tinted lights Bullitt strut brace Billett interior trim Rear blackout panel 3D carbon side scoops windscreen,flowmaster american thunder axel backs Bama tune Sctx4 tuner JLT CAI series 3
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012
5POINTO

If it was legit any classic Shelby for $1000 in any condition is a steal.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Posted this on the Shelby Team forum and a Registry Supervisor was kind enough to identify it as a scam with a photo lifted from a well documented "Shelby find". I wonder if anyone sent any "upfront money".

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

yhats what i thought

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page