So poll time pay off vs mod who does what - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ya I talked to a dealer today about getting a 11 with rousch on it for like 28-29k and could finance it with my down payment I'm so lost and confused. I don't think the warrenty thing will matter much due to a used 11 will be damn close to 30k miles already . If I do it this way best of both a mod and paying it all off lol

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
Ya I talked to a dealer today about getting a 11 with rousch on it for like 28-29k and could finance it with my down payment I'm so lost and confused. I don't think the warrenty thing will matter much due to a used 11 will be damn close to 30k miles already . If I do it this way best of both a mod and paying it all off lol
Powertrain is 60K.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
post #33 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

But from what I've read about the roush is that after 30k it's not warrentied if I understand it. I messaged brenspeed so well see what he says. And I really think a warrenty will be important especially in a used 2011 to make sure I don't pick up a car with issues and if it does il be thankful for the warrenty

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold

PONY Member

Quote:
But from what I've read about the roush is that after 30k it's not warrentied if I understand it. I messaged brenspeed so well see what he says. And I really think a warrenty will be important especially in a used 2011 to make sure I don't pick up a car with issues and if it does il be thankful for the warrenty
That would be correct. I meant 60K with no SC. Might be 36K from Roush though.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
post #35 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

And this thread is going side track cuz in a question nazi lol but on the other hand a 2011 that has 20k on it should be fine by now lol anyways my new vote is have them put on a sc then finance and pay it off lol

Current
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Ya I talked to a dealer today about getting a 11 with rousch on it for like 28-29k and could finance it with my down payment I'm so lost and confused.
Whatever you do, don't buy a car feeling "lost and confused" and don't let the salesman know that either. If you don't know for sure or don't understand something then ask for clarification.
post #37 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Just have alot of ideas hell I've had the rouch sc in my shopping cart on am all day lol would make a nice little present under the tree and a great paperweight until march lol self control has kept me from buying it haha just have to get this damn winter over then hello 5.0 financed all or half I don't care anymore lol

Current
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

why use your own money when you can use the banks money.
to the guy that said if you have to finance it you cant afford it your are what you call a hoser your so full of crap.as for the car being worth more being payed off that is not true as soon as you drive it off the lot it is worth less than you payed for it so you just thru your money away.but that probally dont mean nothing to a rich guy like you. op finance your car mod the crap out of it if you want.but most of all enjoy it.

Base performance package:1/4 window louvers,k&n drop in filter,barton shifter,3:73 ford racing gears and diff cover,royal purple gear oil,spohn del sphere uca and mounting bracket.red & black leather seats.20%tint BBK Shorty Headers. tokico d spec adjustable shocks and struts, boss rear seat delete (red) future mods:driveshaft safety loop,clutch and flywheel
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrullo View Post
why use your own money when you can use the banks money.
to the guy that said if you have to finance it you cant afford it your are what you call a hoser your so full of crap.as for the car being worth more being payed off that is not true as soon as you drive it off the lot it is worth less than you payed for it so you just thru your money away.but that probally dont mean nothing to a rich guy like you. op finance your car mod the crap out of it if you want.but most of all enjoy it.

Amen brother.

Just remember with mods. You have to pay to play. Something goes wrong you are on the hook for the costs if it is mod related. Just a thought.

post #40 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ya minds made up after research goal by feb-mar find a 11 5.0 with under 30k miles be otd around 23k drop 6 down and the other 7 and go to brenspeed for roush sc and call it a day. I've never had a v8 or stick so I think il be Disney world happy lol

Current
PONY Member

Quote:
Ya minds made up after research goal by feb-mar find a 11 5.0 with under 30k miles be otd around 23k drop 6 down and the other 7 and go to brenspeed for roush sc and call it a day. I've never had a v8 or stick so I think il be Disney world happy lol

Umm....

Forgot one thing. With all that power how do you plan on keeping it on the ground? Your going to need to buy some new wheels and tires. Maybe even LCAs if the wheel hop is bad. A SC takes more than just a SC to make it streetable.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If we all had the money to pay things of great sums in cash up front banks wouldn't exist and many parts of our economy would suffer. I personally financed my car because I feel I took steps in the correct order, by paying my college completely, buying my house, then the car. After college I needed help bc I'm not wiping my @$$ with dollar bills like some of these people think they are. Sure, I could ask my father for the "easy pass" to help, as he could buy many things outright. There's alternatives for a reason, to help those trying to do it right and within means! Mod away brother. Enjoy it while you have it and can!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
post #43 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingRedGT View Post
Umm....

Forgot one thing. With all that power how do you plan on keeping it on the ground? Your going to need to buy some new wheels and tires. Maybe even LCAs if the wheel hop is bad. A SC takes more than just a SC to make it streetable.
Im well aware of this but i know there are plenty of people who just have a sc and nothing else. Not saying thats what Im going to do but while i have the cash want to buy the biggest thing and be happy. I dont plan on draging it until i do wheels and suspension and such just a dd. But i know it will need supporting mods.

Current
Apprentice

I think it's completely ignorant to state that "if you can't (pay cash), you can't afford it..."

Some people.

I used to work in the car business and I can tell you that similar to a mortgage, the more often you pay, the less you will pay. Also, most people do not know this but if you pay one extra car payment (to get a month ahead), then pay half the car payment every other Friday, it will skyrocket your credit score as well. Once again, this will result in paying less in the end. I can also tell you that MOST people finance a car. PERIOD. Even my boss, who makes over $250k/yr finances his Lexus. He does it to keep his credit worthiness tip-top as well as to continue earning interest on HIS money.

Many good points have been made in this thread. My suggestion is do what you can to have what you want so long as it is within your means.

Mod on!

2010 Mustang Premium GT 5spd MT, Torch Red/Black leather; Rapid spec 400A, Fixed glass roof, Sync, Nav,3.73, 20% tint, smoked fogs, CDC Blackout panel, 19" Staggered, matte bronze TSW Panorama wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires, SR Performance springs, BMR ajd Panhard

"...evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
PONY Member

Out of curiosity have you driven a stock 11+ GT yet? maybe with 3.55's or 3.73's? they aren't exactly hurting for power as is.... before you go all in with the SC.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page