So poll time pay off vs mod who does what - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I did drive a auto it was fun and by no means lacking. I want to drive a stick but not very profiencent in it. I learned on a toyota pick up in iraq and had tons of fun with it but afraid to go test drive a stick with a dealer and stall and not buy the car. The car i will buy the dealer will have to teach me a little stick to make it home. I rode sportbikes last 7 yrs same concept just have to learn the car aspects. And ive always wanted a bad [email protected]@ car and the sc would do that for me lol

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

ya my credit is a 679 right now not the greatest in the world but i have a house as well so its not bad and goes up monthly. I had some family things when i was younger they needed help and i went in debt but worth it for them.

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
GT Member

Too many posts to counter now...

Will just do this instead...

<-------------------------

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
ya my credit is a 679 right now not the greatest in the world but i have a house as well so its not bad and goes up monthly. I had some family things when i was younger they needed help and i went in debt but worth it for them.
A little off topic but if you were to finance, try getting that score up to 700 or more first. The interest rates will get lower. If you don't already have one, get a credit card and use it. But make hardcore payments on it, just do not pay it off completely. Keep a small balance on the account. It will help your score. A good way to do this is to use the credit card the same as your debit card. Just leave the debit card at home and use the credit card in it's place, then ALMOST pay it off at the end of the month. Paying good or better than good on that house is the best thing you can do but anything helps.

2010 Mustang Premium GT 5spd MT, Torch Red/Black leather; Rapid spec 400A, Fixed glass roof, Sync, Nav,3.73, 20% tint, smoked fogs, CDC Blackout panel, 19" Staggered, matte bronze TSW Panorama wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires, SR Performance springs, BMR ajd Panhard

"...evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
post #50 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

whoops double post. well at this time all i have is my credit card which has a 5k limit and only owe 15 bucks i buy gas with it once a month then pay it off. Dont want to ever have bad credit again. And im hoping maybe by feb or march il be up there who knows the credit system is hard to play

Current
Apprentice

Quote:
Ya my credit was crap my family had medical bills they needed help with so i went into debt collections about 3 yrs ago while in iraq. Now i have a 677 a house and in feb hopefully a 5.0
I wish you the best of luck, sir. And thank you for your service!!!

2010 Mustang Premium GT 5spd MT, Torch Red/Black leather; Rapid spec 400A, Fixed glass roof, Sync, Nav,3.73, 20% tint, smoked fogs, CDC Blackout panel, 19" Staggered, matte bronze TSW Panorama wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires, SR Performance springs, BMR ajd Panhard

"...evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
post #52 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

and my payments will be same im saving money for feb time so not going to screw with that. My v6 was 320 a month ( was first car ever and bought before economy crashed) Navy Fed approved me for 24k at about 290 a month for 72. Anything under 250 a month is what im after

Current
post #53 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

And this thread was pretty informative regarding peoples habits but it seems more of us are in the finance market and i know of people in 5.0s who finance all of it so i feel a little better now. And thank you for paying my salary while i was in lol

Current
tym
Banned

I've been saving my pennies for quite a few years now (and eking each last bit of life out of my 2004 Focus), so I'll be paying in full when the car arrives (less the down payment at the time I placed my factory order).
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I did the same, saved, invested, and then retired. I paid cash for both cars so I didn't have to work again. So far my plan is working ... for me that is. My wife is still working!!

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
I've been saving my pennies for quite a few years now (and eking each last bit of life out of my 2004 Focus), so I'll be paying in full when the car arrives (less the down payment at the time I placed my factory order).
This is unrelated (CSB warning), but my buddy actually picked up pennies and saved them to get a new Civic Si. She ended up with a Golf because insurance on the Si was like 9 grand a year.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
tym
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
This is unrelated (CSB warning), but my buddy actually picked up pennies and saved them to get a new Civic Si. She ended up with a Golf because insurance on the Si was like 9 grand a year.
That's a lot of penny rolls! :hihi:
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
If you don't have the money to dump on it at once, you can't afford it. It's that simple. Some of my closest friends are in your position and I tell them the same thing. Mind you, those aren't Mustang GTs.
most ignorant statement ever!!!!!!!!!!!! undrstand that most successful companies around the world are all where they are at due to debt and them taking out a loan.

taking on a payment you cant afford, means you cant afford it...not any payment.

did you buy your home with cash? very doubtful...most americans have a house loan and a sh-t load of those people have never missed a payment...which means they CAN afford but not all at once...its either rentbor mortgage and where rates are now, if someone is in a place to get a house they really should as a mortgage is possibly cheaper or the same price...

im really sick and tired of people spewing that debt is terrible garbage...if you can afford the payment then you CAN afford the car or whatever your making a payment on.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #59 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This thread is pretty damn heated. Lol for the record and I'm sure all of us feel this way do what ever the hell you want with your money. This was simply advice and who does what type thread not a pissing match lol. And to the I pay it all at once cuz I'm a baller well I finance and I carry a gun to work and go over 100 at work . Living the dream of alot of kids cops robbers and yes even terrible pay and paperwork daily. All that matters at the end of the day is your happy and you can afford your debts lol

Current
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
That's a lot of penny rolls! :hihi:
You should have seen!
Quote:
This thread is pretty damn heated. Lol for the record and I'm sure all of us feel this way do what ever the hell you want with your money. This was simply advice and who does what type thread not a pissing match lol. And to the I pay it all at once cuz I'm a baller well I finance and I carry a gun to work and go over 100 at work . Living the dream of alot of kids cops robbers and yes even terrible pay and paperwork daily. All that matters at the end of the day is your happy and you can afford your debts lol
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page