So poll time pay off vs mod who does what - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT2013 View Post
Here's what Ford is offering right now for incentives for the Mustang-

0% APR for 66 Months plus 500 Cash Bonus
The incentives vary by region. Here, there's currently a choice between $2000 cash back, or one of four financing offers:

0.9% for 36 months
1.9% for 48 months
2.9% for 60 months
4.9% for 72 months

So, each prospective buyer has to check to see what is being offered where he lives.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

0.9% is still pretty high, no? I've seen rates well below that.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
less then 1% is high? and i think your mistaken on seeing rates well below...there is not much lower then that, except for 0%, which very rare but does happen from time to time...

thats only 557.xx in interest paid on 36 months for a 40k car...money does get much cheaper then

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

PONY Member

double post....my bad
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Um, no ... that's not high at all. As mentioned above, it doesn't get much cheaper unless it's free money at 0%.

Did you read that as 9%? Now THAT would be high.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
I agree and actually by definition, you are 100% correct. A car is not an investment unless it is assumed that the value will appreciate. A Shelby Cobra or a Ford GT ended up being investments. A 2013 Mustang right now just plain and simply isn't. If anything, a car is a sunk cost.
i agree with you, what i ment by investment was its not something like a tv or something like that, its a large purchuse that for most people will be the largest purchese you make other then your house. i guess it was a poor choice of words.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
1000 hp is it a dd? Lol I've literally been reading on sc stuff on here last 5 hours lol now leaning towards a vortech due to price point and ability to expand at later time
no it is not a daily driver. i have always had a dd and then something else thats just a toy. the last one was a 93 coupe. i also have a long term project a 1963 ford falcon wagon that i plan on putting a new 5.0 in.

i plan on putting a supercharger on mine as well, i am leaning toward a kenne bell kit. that will come after all of the suporting mods though.
GT Member

I've seen people with next-to-nothing rates. Like in the 0.6 vicinity. This is purely from experience.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
Apprentice

i got 1.6% as a 22 year old and thats without any incintives like the ford offers. using credit cards the right way really does help your credit.
PONY Member

Quote:
I've seen people with next-to-nothing rates. Like in the 0.6 vicinity. This is purely from experience.
your splitting hairs...a loan on 40,000 at .6% over 36 months will have you pay 371.xx in interest vs. .9% same price and term has you pay 557.xx...so a difference of 186 over the course of 36 months is 5.1x bucks a month on 1121.xx a month car payment...it really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

if its below 1% in interest you wont notice in the payment or really in interest paid.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 mustang View Post
i got 1.6% as a 22 year old and thats without any incintives like the ford offers. using credit cards the right way really does help your credit.
correct...credit used smartly and strategicaly...will yeild great things in life...

let me give an example and not use going into current debt to back up my point...(not directed at you 1993 mustang)

if you apply to live in an apartment...you have a chance to potentially pay a very small security deposit, lets say 150, or to pay first and last months rent plus a full months rent extra as the security deposit up front, lets say 750 a month, so a total up front cost of 2250 or 150.

wanna guess how they decide? ahhh....credit...and its based of great credit, fair credit, no credit or bad credit (these are loose as its way more complicated, but it works here.) so with great cresit you only have to put down 150 (Great credit comes from using credit cards and other debts wisely making payments on time and having a long established history of using it wisely and paying on time.) now if you always paid cash out right for everything you have no credit at all and guess what you'd probably have to pay 1st months rent & a bigger security deposit just because you refuse to use credit wisely...

cable companies, cell phone companies, anything you have to bind into a contract with in regards to payments, factors into your credit score and no credit can sometimes be almost as bad as bad credit is. However using credit wisely, gets you good credit...i would argue credit used wisely is far more beneficial then credit not used at all...

also companies more and more are running credit on potential employees and factoring that into thier decision...so imgaine how it looks when they pull your credit and you have a very positive long standing credit history...that to them speaks volumes!

but hey to each thier own...

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulls View Post
your splitting hairs...a loan on 40,000 at .6% over 36 months will have you pay 371.xx in interest vs. .9% same price and term has you pay 557.xx...so a difference of 186 over the course of 36 months is 5.1x bucks a month on 1121.xx a month car payment...it really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

if its below 1% in interest you wont notice in the payment or really in interest paid.

People split hairs, don't kill the messenger. Penny pinchers exist.

post #88 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Cell phones and insurance don't eve report to your credit unless you get in trouble with them .

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 mustang View Post
i guess it was a poor choice of words.

Eh...there's bigger things to get pissed off over.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
I did drive a auto it was fun and by no means lacking. I want to drive a stick but not very profiencent in it. I learned on a toyota pick up in iraq and had tons of fun with it but afraid to go test drive a stick with a dealer and stall and not buy the car. The car i will buy the dealer will have to teach me a little stick to make it home. I rode sportbikes last 7 yrs same concept just have to learn the car aspects. And ive always wanted a bad [email protected]@ car and the sc would do that for me lol
Buy the stick. You'll all over that pretty dang quick.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page