What Would You Do vs. a Drunk Driver? (HD Video) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member

Garage
Good music though....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I see people almost everyday driving like this and worse on us 66 in North Virginia. 90% of the time they are being distracted by there cell phone.

So the question begging to be asked do you call the police on them too? Both a drunk and a distracted driver could kill your family.

Current
2016 gt premium, ingot silver, performance package, navigation

Previous
2012 gt premium, brembos, 3.73, 6mt, kona blue

2015 Ecoboost PP black on black 401A, security, enhanced backup

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdogg View Post
I see people almost everyday driving like this and worse on us 66 in North Virginia. 90% of the time they are being distracted by there cell phone.

So the question begging to be asked do you call the police on them too? Both a drunk and a distracted driver could kill your family.
AGREED!They both can KILL!

To OP I would not have passed the said vehicle under any circumstances!

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I think I'd have a heart attack driving that closely to somebody. Rock chips. I was passing a dump truck the other day... not even in the same lane... and I hears rocks raining on my car. I ended up with a small but deepish cut just in front of my headlight on the bumper and a couple more tiny specks... Luckily my car had a ton of wax on it from the day before... Be careful man!

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed: Mach 1 grille delete, K&N drop-in air filter, 75mm BBK throttle body, ported C&L plenum, UPR upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks/struts, McLeod Super Street Pro clutch kit, AM firewall adjuster, MM clutch quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Bassani catted x pipe, Flowmaster weld-in 40's, SCT 93 octane Bama tune
SOLD
for...
2013 Mustang GT 6 speed: GT Track Package, 301A Tech Package, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Axleback, Steeda Shifter Bushing
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks for the feedback...as it turns out, I'm a lot more of an aggressive driver than I thought
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocletian View Post
Saw my opportunity to pass safely and took it

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
GT Member

+1 with pretty much all of this thread.

I would have called the cops (via bluetooth ) immediately with plate number and location. I run a dash cam, so I would offer evidence as well.

What you did was putting yourself (and possibly that semi) in danger. You should have dropped back a bit and observed. I think it's better the at least SEE what he is doing so you can react accordingly.

Side poll for everyone would you have called 911 or just the regular hotline? Me personally, would have called 911.

Edit: Not important, but the driver could have just been texting vs. drunk. Was said already, I know.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Pretty much what everyone else said: call 911 (or *hp if your state has that option), drop back and watch.

Between us being able to track your cell phone pretty much up to the minute at that point and our units having AVL we can vector them right on target without much trouble.

And with all that great video you shoot, my guys would pretty much have rock solid PC for the stop, and great evidence in court, too

I'm not gonna slam you for scooting by him, though I hafta admit it wasn't the best move. At least if he wrecks in front of me, he is still heading away from me and I have a better chance of avoiding him, than if we have to stop short for some reason I'm not real confident that he would be able to miss me.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
11Red3.7

Wow, the bozo in the video passed the drunk. OK

I've had Several run ins with drunk drivers.
The first one T-boned me doing about 45-50mph, I survived, cars were totaled and then some...
Now more recently I've had the opportunity twice to call the Popo and follow the drunk/stoned drivers until the Police got to them. The last time the 911 operator even called us back after she was booked in and thanked us for getting her off the road.
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Lol at calling the cops. A few weeks ago I had some drunk driver throwing bottles at my car 1 hitting my car, and trying to run me off the road. Got his license plate and called 911. Didn't see a cop till 3 hours later, it was state police too. The cop was cool, we talked mustangs for a little after the report lol. The other guy ended up lying and saying I threw bottles at his car and broke his windshield. I haven't acted on getting charges on him and he hasn't either, even though I didn't do anything. I need a dashcam so crap like that can't happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

"I'd rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. You're car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book"

2004 Sonic Blue Mustang GT 5 speed Manual
Clean.
Loud.
Tinted.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic-Blue-GT View Post
Lol at calling the cops. A few weeks ago I had some drunk driver throwing bottles at my car 1 hitting my car, and trying to run me off the road. Got his license plate and called 911. Didn't see a cop till 3 hours later, it was state police too. The cop was cool, we talked mustangs for a little after the report lol. The other guy ended up lying and saying I threw bottles at his car and broke his windshield. I haven't acted on getting charges on him and he hasn't either, even though I didn't do anything. I need a dashcam so crap like that can't happen.

+1 on dash cam, best mod ever.

-1 on your local police. They sound like morons.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
+1 on dash cam, best mod ever.
Can you recommend one?

"I'd rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. You're car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book"

2004 Sonic Blue Mustang GT 5 speed Manual
Clean.
Loud.
Tinted.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic-Blue-GT View Post
Can you recommend one?

I use this little guy + a $10 16GB SD card...

Mini DVR 808 #16 V2 -Lens D Car Key Chain Micro Camera HD 720P Pocket Camcorder | eBay

Not the best option, but definitely perfect for the value. I recorded a cop nearly running into some cars today with it. Quality is excellent and it's (relatively) convenient.

Rookie

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Police, yes-this person is either drunk, distracted or suffering a medical emergency.

Pass, no-as others have said, the point at which you make the maneuver puts you between the offender and a freakin 18 wheeler, no escape options when they veer completely into your lane.

I followed a driver heading east on I-20, starting about 15 miles before the Hwy 69 exit. They were weaving from the shoulder on the right side to almost hitting the concrete divider wall on the left. Contacted DPS with mile marker, direction, plate number and description of offender's car and my own. Never saw the DPS and the driver pulled off to the shoulder and stopped about 6 miles east of Hwy 69 exit.

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page