What Would You Do vs. a Drunk Driver? (HD Video) - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I would challenge him to race to the nearest bar for a drink, get him inside then excuse myself, go to the parking lot and remove all 4 of his valve stems........:yelpleased:

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I have no problem with you passing on the right. I do it all the time because people don't use the "passing lane" correctly. Clue: it's for passing and nothing else. Keep to the right otherwise. Calling the cops is up to the individual. But, I do think you chose a bad time to pass with the semi there.

Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
I use this little guy + a $10 16GB SD card...

Mini DVR 808 #16 V2 -Lens D Car Key Chain Micro Camera HD 720P Pocket Camcorder | eBay

Not the best option, but definitely perfect for the value. I recorded a cop nearly running into some cars today with it. Quality is excellent and it's (relatively) convenient.
Does this record good at night? I would like to get it, but with my windshield tint it might be useless at night.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

"I'd rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. You're car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book"

2004 Sonic Blue Mustang GT 5 speed Manual
Clean.
Loud.
Tinted.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic-Blue-GT View Post
Does this record good at night? I would like to get it, but with my windshield tint it might be useless at night.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Yup, works great at night as it automatically adjusts for exposures. I doubt a tint will make a big difference. Just be sure to mount it before the sun strip.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Apprentice

You did a good job as a responsible citizen by calling the cops....

But man! That pass couldn't have been worse.. I can see so many things that could have gone wrong with your timing to pass him. Like someone else pointed out, why be "In front" of a drunk driver? Doesnt make any sense to me..
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
Question; who was the drunk driver? YOU?

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdogg View Post
I see people almost everyday driving like this and worse on us 66 in North Virginia. 90% of the time they are being distracted by there cell phone.

So the question begging to be asked do you call the police on them too? Both a drunk and a distracted driver could kill your family.

Not until the law establies both a set definition for distracted driving (yeah I know it exists some places) AND a means for that cop that arrives to determine that my complaint is valid.

Can I have a cop show up and ask some driver if they were on their phone while eating a sandwhich?

Now, I CAN DEFINITELY call a cop and say hey, you need to give the dude a sobriety test.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
Not until the law establies both a set definition for distracted driving (yeah I know it exists some places) AND a means for that cop that arrives to determine that my complaint is valid.

Can I have a cop show up and ask some driver if they were on their phone while eating a sandwhich?

Now, I CAN DEFINITELY call a cop and say hey, you need to give the dude a sobriety test.
This is why you get a dash cam and offer the evidence to the cops.

However don't wait to call. I called in some idiot BMW E38 driver on his phone who was going to hit me had I not stood on the horn about an hour after it happened. Police told me there is nothing they could do if its more that 15 min.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Apprentice

I would have turned down the radio before filming the video. That music is kind of bad.
Banned

No way would I want that driver behind me. And I certainly would not want to be to close behind him when he piled it up. I would have dropped way back and called 911 to report the driver.
Apprentice
5.0L Member

wow lol. Lets speed between him and an 18 wheeler. That could have been one ugly wreck....

I could only imagine the title...
"I was hit by a dumbass drunk driver"

2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

You guys would all just hang back going less than 55 mph in a 65 until the cops came and wait to be hit by debris from a possible crash instead of trying to put some distance between the two of you?

I admit the timing wasn't all that great, but I just had enough after following for several miles. Still my fault, I admit...but I felt a lot better in front of the lady than I did behind :P

Interesting...well good to know what is considered normal!
PONY Member
S197 Member

At least you have the camera set up. I use an app on my phone called DailyRoads Voyager that records the last 5 minutes continuously. If I had had that going when that douche showered my car with rocks then he would not have gotten away with it. You can never go wrong recording your drives. Unless the cause is obvious a lot of times the cops will just spread the blame on both drivers and that could end up costing you the money you will need for paying next years tax increases.

EDIT: unless you can get a whole lane and a mile between, it's best to keep idiots in front of you where it is easy to keep an eye on them. You don't want to end up constantly looking in the mirror, then you become the distracted driver. I have actually seen worse driving from a guy in a 7 series texting while tailgating. Boston. Sucks.
Apprentice

wow. definitely droop back and call the cops

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter
GT Member

Everybody watch this and try not to rage.

Insurance Scam Prevented By Vehicle Dash Camera In Toronto - YouTube

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page