2013 Mustang GT for sale-Absolute craziness - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

2013 Mustang GT for sale-Absolute craziness

Ok, it's sharp looking, and it's got low miles, but this price is insane. I don't care what kind of supercharger and aftermarket rims they have on the car, this price for a GT is ridiculous. It's USED for crying out loud. And you just know that the original owner got SCREWED when he traded this in, because the dealers do NOT factor in aftermarket parts when giving you the trade in price. On my 2005 GT I traded in a few years ago, I had a Steeda CAI, JBA headers & midpipe, Flowmaster mufflers, a tuner, cleaning kit for the CAI, a trunk release inside the car, a new snazzy hood with scoops... and they gave me ZIP extra for all that.

And then they jack up the price for the aftermarket stuff when they sell it. It's true what they say, all the money is in used cars.

2013 Ford Mustang GT, $48,999 - Cars.com

Sent from a lumpy rock in my lawn using Hammer & Chisel
Over: 2008 GT Premium, Black, Smoked out LED taillights, Roush window louvers, Cervinis Type IV ram air hood & hood struts, Ford Racing FR500s axlebacks, Cravenspeed stubby antenna, CDC Classic chin spoiler
Under: JLT 3 Intake with Brenspeed tune, Koni shocks & struts, J&M Extreme rear LCA's, J&M adj panhard bar, Strut tower brace, Charcoal AMR wheels, Conti Extreme DW tires 255/45/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

looks like it was some kinda show car or SEMA car...man talk about "what not to do to a black car"...green stripes? FUGLY, of course it's in Tampa, the land of the used cars

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
GT Member

Being a convertible makes it cost more. I don't think the stripes are too terribly ugly.

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

well that's the problem with the stripes, you have to find someone that "likes them" to command top dollar for a car...I can't tell you how many times I've been looking at used cars and someone has put some stupid stripes on them
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

It would cost you a good bit more than that to get it new.....I will guess they would take 44-45k for it. It is twice the car my 22k v6 is.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
MACH I Member

That's pretty much par for the course when it comes to a GT convertible in Canada WITHOUT the mods. You guys in the USA are spoiled!

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Sombody out there will get it for around 45k and think they beat them down. If I could afford it, and "IF" I wanted it, I'd offer something in the mid 30k range. After they regain their composure, I'd say I'm gonna need some extra cash to have those stripes removed. haha. I'd give em my phone number and tell them to call me if they can't get rid of it and walk away.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
Apprentice

Price may not be that crazy assuming someone wants that car.

The owner says there are $25k of factory upgrades. A fully loaded GT Premium convertible stickers at just under $50k as built on the Ford site including Brembos, etc. So if most of the $25k added is for supercharger, etc, then this car might have a theoretical sticker of $65-$70k & could have sold for $60k new.

Granted I don't know anyone who would want those stripes or be willing to spend that kind of money on such a car instead of buying a GT500, etc, but it does not seem totally crazy.

Dave

2013 GT Premium Convertible
Sterling Grey/Saddle Interior
Automatic/Brembos/Shaker Pro Audio
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The green is unique have you not seen brenspeeds car black and green and 550hp lol

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
It would cost you a good bit more than that to get it new.....I will guess they would take 44-45k for it. It is twice the car my 22k v6 is.
And you probably couldn't sell your v6 for 22k any more there are 11-12 gt for 22-25 range just saying lol

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
looks like it was some kinda show car or SEMA car...man talk about "what not to do to a black car"...green stripes? FUGLY, of course it's in Tampa, the land of the used cars
I think the green stripes accent the black very well.
Beast3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankor View Post
It's true what they say, all the money is in used cars.
It is true. Why do you think dealers get all excited when you are buying AND selling? Two chances to make money off of you or screw you (however you like to put it). No offense to the salesmen out there, I say more power to them. They gotta eat, but so do I. That's why I typically do separate deals. Sure it's extra leg work, but you can keep thousands in your pockets.

I tried to sell a boat last year and to get an idea of the bottom price I could get I went to a few boat dealers and got very similar answers on how badly boats depreciate blah blah blah. If I heard "the two best days of a boat owner's life is when they buy it and when they sell it" one more time, I was going to choke someone lol. I sold private party and got $3500 more than the best offer from a dealer. And you know they would have tried to sell my boat for the price I asked, if not more.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
And you probably couldn't sell your v6 for 22k any more there are 11-12 gt for 22-25 range just saying lol
I would think 16-18K at best (low mileage toy) I would happily give them mine and 10K for that one...

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The used car market is only one I will shop in. The deals on 5.0s are out there . A used 5.0 with a sticker of 26 probably can be hand for 22-23 they want them off the lots

Current
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

No nav? Come on lol

2013 GT, Borla S-type cat back, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Forgestar F14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page