2012 Mustang GT Premium insurance valuation opinions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2012 Mustang GT Premium insurance valuation opinions

I bought my 13 back in Feb and someone did not yield the right of way to me totaling her. My insurance valuation for the buyout of the total loss is around 29.5k. I think this is a little low, any opinions out there? Unfortunately I know I'm going to get the short end of the stick on this because some idiot didn't know how to drive.

Details:
2012 GT Premium with 5k miles

Options:
Hood & Side Strip pkg 3
19" Painted Aluminum Wheels

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
PONY Member

Depending on your options, that is a little low. Geico just gave me ~28,500 for a 2011 w/ 7500 miles. And I forgot to make them pay me for the Brembos so it should have been closer to 29,200. My car was completely loaded except for glass roof.

----------------------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra - 99% stock
2011 Mustang GT(RIP)
2011 Shelby GT500 - Gone
2015 Mustang GT
----------------------------------
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
Banned

I had gap insurance cover my ass 6 years ago. I'd recommend it next go round.

Try KBB.com and N.A.D.A. values. Also, they should be giving you "Retail" value...like what you would see on the car at a dealer before you negotiate.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristena View Post
Depending on your options, that is a little low. Geico just gave me ~28,500 for a 2011 w/ 7500 miles. And I forgot to make them pay me for the Brembos so it should have been closer to 29,200. My car was completely loaded except for glass roof.
This is through Geico as well. Was the 28.5 with tax or just the car cost?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

insurance does not cover tax/doc fees/dmv fees. Nothing but the car itself. Good luck and sorry about the accident. Another Stang or something differant (if differant why not if you don't mind)?

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

On both of my total losses (a fire, and a theft) they took the high and low of all the cars on sale in my state and offered the average. One of the companies would not negotiate on the settlement at all, one upped their original offer $800 after I politely but very persistently bugged the hell out of them for 2 weeks. But it all depends on the company.

I would ask them to explain how they arrived at the figure they gave you and make sure they were comparing other GT Premiums and not just all GTs, comparably equipped, and with comparable mileage. And with your car being so new, I would double check to make sure they were comping 2013s.

Good luck!

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012
Banned

Good point. I forgot it was a 13. I tried to value mine a while back and couldn't find a value on any site. Latest they had was '12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page