From an 8 year old's perspective... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
that's what you get for buying a V6....

Poor impulse control
Hah! He's a car fanatic. He loves going to car shows and pointing out the "Camaros, Corvettes, Shelby's, Mustangs, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Lightning McQueen and Mater."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
Does that say 11.0 on the spear stripe?
I pulled that pic off Google. I'm not sure. But it looks to be the same kinda car my bro has?

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoIPguy View Post
OP my stepdaughter is 8 and she said almost the exact thing to me.
Her: "Can I have your car when I'm old enough to drive?"
Me: "Maybe when I die I'll leave it to you."
Her: "You're old. So that may be soon. May be tomorrow."

You have to laugh. Kids! :kooky:
Ha Ha! Indeed.. "Maybe Tomorrow." That's awesome!

2013 Mustang GT/CS
6M Sterling Gray Metallic
Comfort Package
Roush Axle backs
Ordered 7/10/12 Delivered - 11/13/12 My son's 8th birthday!

My old beater -- 2011 Candy Red F150 Lariat
SCREW EcoBoost
Apprentice

My 6-year-old nephew loves my car too. When he first saw it, he loved that the gauges change color when you first open the door. He's already said he wants my car over his dad's. He's also a complete riot, he told me one day when my foot got a little heavy in my old Mustang, "You better slow down, Uncle Jer. We don't want the cops to pull us over." And he was only 3 almost 4!

2012 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Ebony, Charcoal Leather, HID, 19" Machined Rims, Shaker 500, Comfort Package, Remote Start, Rear Sensing Package, GT/CS Valance, Hushpower AB, Pedestal Spoiler, Hood Scoop, Side Scoops, BOSS 302 Side Exhaust, Roush CAI, Custom '5.0' faux gas cap Delivered: 9-19-2011

2002 Mustang GT Convertible True Blue Metallic Traded In: 9-19-11 I'll miss her :-(

DD: 2013 Taurus LTD Ingot Silver, 302A Spec, Moonroof, Navigation, 20" Wheels

GT Member
S197 Member

My son loves to drive my stang when ever he comes over and we go somewhere I let him drive it, but not by himself. He's almost 20 though.

Now, my girlfriends daughter (3) loves the stang, along with our 2 year old. I was alomost done raising kids, till I found the woman of my dreams.

Her daughter will say, I like that car, it's fast, LOL, Our daugher will just go wheeeeeeeeee.............

2012 GT Premuim A/T Sterling Gray, Loaded, Tinted, Steeda 93 Tune, JLT Oil catch can, 12" MTX Sub, CHE LCA's, GT500's, Boss/CS Lower Fascia W/foglights.
2011 V6 M/T traded for 2012 GT
2007 GT M/T traded for CRV
Apprentice

I picked my 2 boys (ages 9 and 6)up from school in the stang yesterday. 65 degrees out and sunny. I took them out to nice fresh country road. I stop and said "remember when mom said she cant wait for the first snow so we can go out and do doughnuts?" HOLD ON! their eyes where the size of half dollars after a figure eight. "what's that smell dad?" burnt rubber son, that why you save your money.

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Got a brand new mustang the day i turned 17! best thing i ever got..... smart kids wanting one

2008 Mustang V6 Grabber Orange,
Sequential taillights,GO Mirror Covers
GO Headlight Splitters,BBK Cold Air Intake
GT Style Billet Grille With Halo Lights
Pypes Street Pro Exhaust,Magnetic Decklid Panel
Stack Racing Bullitt Fuel Door
Black Shelby Hood Pins
Grabber Orange Calipers
Rookie

Great thread op!

The first time I got on it with my boys in the car we were on a bridge that kinda had a crest to it. When I floored it the car squatted good and all they could see was sky. My then 5yo yells "whoa man we're doin a wheelie!!!"
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Awesome thread

The day we brought the Mustang home I grabbed my then 12 year old son and took him for a ride. We went down the back roads to get on the freeway to make the loop back towards the house. I stopped at the top of the down-hill on ramp, shot him a big grin and clicked off the advancetrack. Then I matted it for all I was worth, smoking the rears through first, just about got sideways off the 1-2 shift (so much for babying it during the break in period, lol) then settled down after the 3-4 shift. He leans over and whispers to me "Don't worry Dad, I won't tell mom...."

When we get back to the house what's the first thing he does? "HEY MOM, DAD WAS DRIVING THE MUSTANG SIDEWAYS, IT WAS SOOOOO COOOOL!!!!! I want one when I can drive!

All I could do was just stand there and grin

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Awesome thread

The day we brought the Mustang home I grabbed my then 12 year old son and took him for a ride. We went down the back roads to get on the freeway to make the loop back towards the house. I stopped at the top of the down-hill on ramp, shot him a big grin and clicked off the advancetrack. Then I matted it for all I was worth, smoking the rears through first, just about got sideways off the 1-2 shift (so much for babying it during the break in period, lol) then settled down after the 3-4 shift. He leans over and whispers to me "Don't worry Dad, I won't tell mom...."

When we get back to the house what's the first thing he does? "HEY MOM, DAD WAS DRIVING THE MUSTANG SIDEWAYS, IT WAS SOOOOO COOOOL!!!!! I want one when I can drive!

Great stories on here guys... This thing needs a "like" button like FB! lol

2013 Mustang GT/CS
6M Sterling Gray Metallic
Comfort Package
Roush Axle backs
Ordered 7/10/12 Delivered - 11/13/12 My son's 8th birthday!

My old beater -- 2011 Candy Red F150 Lariat
SCREW EcoBoost
Apprentice

Quote:
Awesome thread

My youngest told on me too.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang93 View Post
I picked my 2 boys (ages 9 and 6)up from school in the stang yesterday. 65 degrees out and sunny. I took them out to nice fresh country road. I stop and said "remember when mom said she cant wait for the first snow so we can go out and do doughnuts?" HOLD ON! their eyes where the size of half dollars after a figure eight. "what's that smell dad?" burnt rubber son, that why you save your money.
We went back today and checked out the evidence those pirelli's left today

PONY Member

Quote:

The day we brought the Mustang home I grabbed my then 12 year old son and took him for a ride.

The day I went to go buy my Mustang I took my daughter with me and left my wife at home.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang93 View Post
We went back today and checked out the evidence those pirelli's left today

Dude, dopeslap for not taking a pic and sharing with your iPhone! :nogrinner
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itezja View Post
Yesterday my son and I got in the Mustang to go get something for his friends birthday party. He starts asking me about the shifter and parking brake in the car. So I explain it a little. Next he asks "So can I have the Mustang when you're dead??" ... Geesh kid I'm only 32. Just thought I'd share.

Sooo, keep all of the sharp pointy things out of reach and lock up all the firearms and keep one eye open at night cuz you know the desire factor only increases with age. LOL

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page