13 months in, I never thought I'd mod... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

13 months in, I never thought I'd mod...

but I did.

I ordered the S Type Borla axle back exhaust a few days ago and received them last night. They were installed this morning and I can say that any worries I had about the purchase are over. They look great and perfectly fill out the cutouts in the rear diffuser. More importantly, they sound really fantastic. They're perfectly quiet at idle and cruise, like others have posted, and spectacularly "bad a$$" when stepping on the gas or down shifting. Love 'em!

Borla S Type Muffler Install 2012 Mustang GT - YouTube

---
"Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
Will Rogers

2012 Mustang GT Prem / 6mt / Kona Blue /401ABlack Seats/wGrabber Blue Accent /Comfort Package / Brembos / 3.73:1 LSRA / HID / Rearview camera / Nav
Mods: / Borla S Type axle back exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
PONY Member

Grats on that first step. Don't be surprised when you slip and fall down the same slope most of us did. :p

2013 GHIG Boss 302 JLT CAI, BBK LTH, BBK O/R X-Pipe, '13 GT500 Axlebacks, AED Tuned, Redline shift/E-brake boots, Epco knob.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Congrats! I want them but thy are so pricey! Those shouldn't void your warranty though so I wouldn't worry. If something goes wrong slap the stocks on and roll

2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You chose Macaroni Grill over "the German restaurant"!?

Ach Du lieber!

2012 GT. Black. 300A, 55D.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapfenstreich View Post

Ach Du lieber!

I agree! What the heck! I'd have picked the German restaurant. Also, I just about had a stroke when you pulled into the parking garage. I couldn't believe you'd park your Mustang where any old raisin would try to wedge their 1998 Towncar into a slightly too small parking spot right next to you, and then try to get out with a walker.

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
PONY Member

It's hard to stop once you start. Exhaust was my first mod.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
Grats on that first step. Don't be surprised when you slip and fall down the same slope most of us did. :p
Thanks! And thanks for the warning too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsargent09
Congrats! I want them but thy are so pricey! Those shouldn't void your warranty though so I wouldn't worry. If something goes wrong slap the stocks on and roll
Thanks also. I waited for what seemed to be a pretty good deal. I've got the old ones tucked away in my garage now, but wonder if there is a market for selling them. There's only 13,000 miles on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapfenstreich
Normally I'd agree with you, aber der Parkplatz ist zu dort eng (tight.) I plan on having real Deutsche Essen next April in Osnabrueck, Dortmund, Duesseldorf, Muenchen, und mehr Bayern. Lecker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13
I agree! What the heck! I'd have picked the German restaurant. Also, I just about had a stroke when you pulled into the parking garage. I couldn't believe you'd park your Mustang where any old raisin would try to wedge their 1998 Towncar into a slightly too small parking spot right next to you, and then try to get out with a walker.
Not to worry. Just driving through, hoping to get a little extra "reverb" from the building.

---
Will Rogers

2012 Mustang GT Prem / 6mt / Kona Blue /401ABlack Seats/wGrabber Blue Accent /Comfort Package / Brembos / 3.73:1 LSRA / HID / Rearview camera / Nav
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
old_goat

I knew before I bought my car it would have some mods. That's why I purchased the non premium car. I wanted my own choice of go fast goodies versus the premium goodies.

So far:

LCA's
Line lock
MGW shifter
GT 500 mufflers
FRPP pro cal tuner.

None installed............yet, all in the garage waiting install. I want to make a couple more bone stock trips down the quarter mile before doing any installs.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Congratulations! And yes, this is just the beginning...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I drove modified drag cars for over 35 years. When i bought my 2011 Mustang said to myself , "Ive had it with the modified cars. Im getting a brand new car and keeping it dead stock with full warranty and no hassles".
Ive had the Mustang since ordering it in Feb. of 2010. So far it has modified exhaust, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum control arms, Roush springs, Barton shifter and bracket,new wheels and drag radials, driveshaft safety loop and a Procharger blower. The car still has less than 4,000 miles on it.
So much for staying stock. Its a disease. Motorheads dont have blood running through their veins , they have gasoline.
Ive stopped fighting it though, I am what I am and thats the way it is.
Now i 'm contemplating putting a Procharger on the 2012 v6. Buy maybe in that case I can hold out till at least the warranty is up. Ill try. :hihi:

Congratulations on the exhast swap. Sounds a hell of a lot better than stock doesnt it ?

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I drove modified drag cars for over 35 years. When i bought my 2011 Mustang said to myself , "Ive had it with the modified cars. Im getting a brand new car and keeping it dead stock with full warranty and no hassles".
Ive had the Mustang since ordering it in Feb. of 2010. So far it has modified exhaust, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum control arms, Roush springs, Barton shifter and bracket,new wheels and drag radials, driveshaft safety loop and a Procharger blower. The car still has less than 4,000 miles on it.
So much for staying stock. Its a disease. Motorheads dont have blood running through their veins , they have gasoline.
Ive stopped fighting it though, I am what I am and thats the way it is.
Now i 'm contemplating putting a Procharger on the 2012 v6. Buy maybe in that case I can hold out till at least the warranty is up. Ill try. :hihi:
LOL, I think I'm only whiffing the fumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Congratulations on the exhast swap. Sounds a hell of a lot better than stock doesnt it ?
Thanks, and Hell Yes!

---
Will Rogers

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_goat View Post
I knew before I bought my car it would have some mods. That's why I purchased the non premium car. I wanted my own choice of go fast goodies versus the premium goodies.

So far:

LCA's
Line lock
MGW shifter
GT 500 mufflers
FRPP pro cal tuner.

None installed............yet, all in the garage waiting install. I want to make a couple more bone stock trips down the quarter mile before doing any installs.
Well, it looks like you are going to have some fun with that! But, because I'm new to all of this, I need to know what are "LCA's" and what is "Line lock"

---
Will Rogers

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Congratulations! And yes, this is just the beginning...
Thanks. I think a CAI and a new shifter may come further down the road.....

---
Will Rogers

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
Well, it looks like you are going to have some fun with that! But, because I'm new to all of this, I need to know what are "LCA's" and what is "Line lock"
LCA = Lower control arms - improved suspension
Line Lock - engages your front brakes w/o having to keep your foot on the brake so you can heat up your rear tires prior to a 1/4 mile run at the drags

p.s.

I have a decent amount of mods too, but why don't I see hood struts on anyone's list? One of the very first, cheap, and practical mods every Mustang owner should have! Once you get them installed you will be asking yourself - "Why did I wait so long?"
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace72ace View Post
LCA = Lower control arms - improved suspension
Line Lock - engages your front brakes w/o having to keep your foot on the brake so you can heat up your rear tires prior to a 1/4 mile run at the drags

p.s.

I have a decent amount of mods too, but why don't I see hood struts on anyone's list? One of the very first, cheap, and practical mods every Mustang owner should have! Once you get them installed you will be asking yourself - "Why did I wait so long?"
Well, good to know. There all kinds of things that I can learn by hanging around here. Hood struts are a great idea. I don't understand why they're not standard equipment in this day and age.

---
Will Rogers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page