gt500 spoiler arrived - it's HUGE - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

gt500 spoiler arrived - it's HUGE

So I ordered the 3dCarbon gt500 spoiler last week and it arrived today and I was surprised at how big that it is in person. It's like a bike ramp I had back when I was 13 years old. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten some serious air off it too.

Anybody else think this when they first received it? Not to mention the box was literally almost the exact same size and my front door leaning up against it.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Yep. My OEM GT500 arrived earlier in the week and I said the same thing taking it out of the box. I thought maybe I'd ordered a snowboard by mistake :hihi:

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
Apprentice

awesome. where did you get it? How much did u pay?

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Your going to love the way it looks on your Mustang.quick tip on how I removed the stock one,I used some mechanics wire to cut through the factory tape/glue holding it down.very easy just take your time so you dont scrach your paint.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang93 View Post
awesome. where did you get it? How much did u pay?
I had been looking at them for a few weeks and waiting until black Friday/cyber Monday. The cheapest painted I found was American Muscle using the forum 6% discount. Unpainted the cheapest was stage 3. They have them for $174.99. However then last Friday I searched again and found that autoanything dropped their unpainted ones from $220 to $149 and were giving 15% off + free shipping so I jumped on that. Sucks I have to get it painted but I'm hoping my Ford shop will be kind and paint it "cheap" for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Code Blue View Post
Your going to love the way it looks on your Mustang.quick tip on how I removed the stock one,I used some mechanics wire to cut through the factory tape/glue holding it down.very easy just take your time so you dont scrach your paint.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah I've heard fishing line works good too. And yes, I've seen pictures on here and instantly knew that is the spoiler I wanted. Just looks wicked sticking out the back.

20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
PONY Member

Here's a video. The wire trick sounds easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy7v...8&feature=plcp

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Here's a video. The wire trick sounds easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy7v...8&feature=plcp
Thanks! Much appreciated

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
Apprentice

I installed mine yesterday and I love the way it looks with the smoked lights and a decklid. I doesn't really obscure the view much more than the OEM due to the angle of it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hey Choate, which dealer you taking it to? Im in for the pics too!
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

When I removed mine I used Fishing line, cut to the first stud and held the spoiler up with a plastic wedge so I could get the line back under.
Took longer to clean the residue off than to get the spoiler off

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD View Post
Hey Choate, which dealer you taking it to? Im in for the pics too!
My friend is the service dept manager at Lou fusz in the valley. I'm gonna give them a shot and prob get a couple other quotes and then choose one. Sucks ill prob have to wait a couple weeks if they have other work but oh well. Btw Lindsay NICE new ride!

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
My friend is the service dept manager at Lou fusz in the valley. I'm gonna give them a shot and prob get a couple other quotes and then choose one. Sucks ill prob have to wait a couple weeks if they have other work but oh well. Btw Lindsay NICE new ride!
Let me know where you end up going. I've got some things I want to do as well.
When I get back, we HAVE to go for another cruise. I may even let you take her for a spin
Apprentice

I dont have a spoiler on my 12 and want to add this one - are the directions clear on drill locations?
Tim
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacier View Post
I dont have a spoiler on my 12 and want to add this one - are the directions clear on drill locations?
Tim
I can't speak for the 3dCarbon one, but the OEM comes with a huge template you unroll over your trunk to get accurate drill locations.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
I can't speak for the 3dCarbon one, but the OEM comes with a huge template you unroll over your trunk to get accurate drill locations.
THanks - I think I am going to order the OEM one -

It is funny - watching that video once the wing was removed and trunk cleaned I thought "wow that looks good with no wing"

Maybe I am just used to it!

Tim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page