Red Brick Interior/Custom boots - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I didnt have the ring.
Thats weird. I will have to figure it out

Ford mustang gt premium with HID/ Ford racing adjustable handling pack/ Hurst short throw shifter/ Borla ATAK/ ARH long tube headers/ JLT Cobra jet CAI/ Jon Lund tune/ GT500 spoiler and diffuser/ CS front fascia/ Boss splitter/ Aeroforce interceptor Gauges/ SOS gauge pillar/ Valentine 1/Redline tuning hood struts/ GT500 Mud Guards/Ford Racing SVTPP rims/ Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position/Roush side skirts/CobraJet intake/Cobrajet throttle body/JLT oil separator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I wish I had taken pictures of the install. Basically the way the stock boot looks in that pic above is exactly how my Redline Goods boot looked when I fished gluing it in place.

-Jon

Race Red '11 GT Premium

Too many mods to list. To check them out, head over to my blog:
redsmods.blogspot.com
Apprentice

Which shift knob did you have in your car when you purchased it? Was it a cue ball or the ugly stock one?

-Jon

Race Red '11 GT Premium

redsmods.blogspot.com

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

cue ball "steel"

Ford mustang gt premium with HID/ Ford racing adjustable handling pack/ Hurst short throw shifter/ Borla ATAK/ ARH long tube headers/ JLT Cobra jet CAI/ Jon Lund tune/ GT500 spoiler and diffuser/ CS front fascia/ Boss splitter/ Aeroforce interceptor Gauges/ SOS gauge pillar/ Valentine 1/Redline tuning hood struts/ GT500 Mud Guards/Ford Racing SVTPP rims/ Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position/Roush side skirts/CobraJet intake/Cobrajet throttle body/JLT oil separator
Apprentice

Ah, that may be why. Mine had the ugly stock one...
I have to say though, I like the color combo in yours. I had a 2010 sterling gray with that interior. I loved it.

-Jon

Race Red '11 GT Premium

redsmods.blogspot.com
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

oh that might be it
Im glad you changed that knob, its the worse shift knob ive ever seen on a sports car.

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

At the beginning it was tough to like the too much red on the interior, by time they grew on me.
Yours look excellent, i wanted to do something like yours but my interior is red. It might look good but I wanted to change.
And the problem is that the shipping from redline sucks.

Apprentice

Looks great!

What kind of glue did you use? I ordered a shifter and e brake boot monday when they had the 20% off sale so I'll be doing the install sometime in the next week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 Mustang GT - Black - 6MT - Vortech V3, Brembos, GT500/Lethal H, Bilstein HD/Steeda HD/Sports, BMR LCA/PHB, Lund

-------Previously-------
1997 Cobra Vert - Triple Black - lots of mods
1996 GT - Black - some mods
1988 GT - Black - no mods
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I personally used Loctite Super Glue gel. Which i consider better than liquid so it wont cause any dripping causing you a mess.

Apprentice

Sorry for the delayed response. Busy weekend. I also used loctite superglue gel, and completely agree to use the gel. It's much better and much easier to control. Also, when bonding the leather to the plastic, it's almost an instant bond. That helps with the install as well.

When I had the red leather interior on my '10 GT, I wasn't sure about it at first, but eventually fell in love with it.

-Jon

Race Red '11 GT Premium

redsmods.blogspot.com
Apprentice

Haitham, how did you order the brick red leather? The order form at Redlinegoods only lists "Red" as a choice. I don't want to get lipstick red boots by mistake, I want the same color combination that you ordered!

In my left brain there's nothing right, and in my right brain there's nothing left.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I sent the pictures of my interior and asked them for the best match, and they answered by choosing the red.
But here is the trick, sometimes it feels a little more on the red side, thats how it felt when i first installed them but by time you will get used to it as it will look the same.
And all i got is compliments about them, quality more than perfect compared to oem crap.

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Wow, that looks great!

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page