Big Parts Week! - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
xarius's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 714
 
Big Parts Week!

For starters, I just installed my new borla over-axle pipes along side my GT500's. Still have the stock H and cats. The sound is PERFECT! For those of you who love the GT500's but wish they had just a LITTLE more to them... Don't waste your time and money going through different axle back's, just look at the JPC or Borla over-axle pipes. I assume going to your local muffler shop and having the stock resonators deleted would give you the same or similar result, I just opted for the clean look of new SS pipes. They were easier to install than the GT500's were, in my opinion!

The rest of this week should be fun, too! Black Friday/Cyber Monday were good to me.. lol



I'm not doing this one myself. I've never touched suspension in my life, and I need it to be done perfect the first time as it's my DD. Just waiting to hear back from my local shop on a day. The only part not shown is the OEM GT500 Spoiler which is at the same shop currently being painted and baked.


Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
xarius is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
Apprentice
 
AKAFISH's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Durham Region
Posts: 127
 
Very nice selection of Mods !


2006 Fire Red GT: MBRP axlebacks, blacked out GT emblems, rear fake gas cap and horse in front grille, Silver painted calipers, more mods on the way...

2000 GT Convertible, Sunburst Gold, 5 spd Manual Ford Motorsport shorty headers, UPR Catted X Pipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Tokico Lowering Springs, 18 inch Boss Rims, Cold Air Intake, Trickflow Upper Plenum and Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Accel COP's, Styling Bar

Past Stangs: 89 5.0 Notchback, 89 5.0 Hatchback, 95 GT, and 2011 V6
AKAFISH is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
PONY Member
 
5LitreRiceEater's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 492
 
If you have tools, (air tools help but not needed) all this can be done easily by you. I have learned how to work on my own car after a buddy helped me install a similar setup (the exact same for that matter). Got home at 10:30 PM after work one night, Found the UPS box, called my buddy, and put it all on by 1:30 AM. It is honestly very easy. Just watch a video online and then when you take off the wheels just look at your current set up and unbolt & replace.

rent spring compressors from auto zone its free and they are self explanatory to use.
Also don't forget to get an alignment ASAP afterwards.
5LitreRiceEater is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
whirledpeaz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Cookeville
Posts: 736
 
Congrats,

I agree with 5LitreRiceEater. Since you put the ota pipes and axlebacks on you can do the suspension too.

On a side note, is that a bumpsteer kit? If so be aware that some folks have had issues arise with the EPAS after installing them.

Would love the jpc or borla. I just can't justify the cost and don't trust any of the local shops to remove the resonators.


whirledpeaz is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
xarius's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 714
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAFISH View Post
Very nice selection of Mods !
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LitreRiceEater View Post
If you have tools, (air tools help but not needed) all this can be done easily by you. I have learned how to work on my own car after a buddy helped me install a similar setup (the exact same for that matter). Got home at 10:30 PM after work one night, Found the UPS box, called my buddy, and put it all on by 1:30 AM. It is honestly very easy. Just watch a video online and then when you take off the wheels just look at your current set up and unbolt & replace.

rent spring compressors from auto zone its free and they are self explanatory to use.
Also don't forget to get an alignment ASAP afterwards.
So tempting to do myself... I don't have a jack or jackstands yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
Congrats,

I agree with 5LitreRiceEater. Since you put the ota pipes and axlebacks on you can do the suspension too.

On a side note, is that a bumpsteer kit? If so be aware that some folks have had issues arise with the EPAS after installing them.

Would love the jpc or borla. I just can't justify the cost and don't trust any of the local shops to remove the resonators.
Picked up the borlas used on the classifieds here pretty cheap. Compared to new anyway! Keep an eye out!

I was reading about the front upper control arm and EPAS issues.. was unaware the bumpsteer kits were also having similar issues. I may read into it more before installing!

I really would love to do the install myself. Maybe I'll look into the jackstands and jack this week for a weekend install...

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
xarius is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
whirledpeaz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Cookeville
Posts: 736
 
Did mine in a weekend. You'll just need a spring compressor too.

also, when you get the strut/srpings installed and are ready to lower the car back down, make sure you lower it on some 2 x 10's or somesuch. Because you may not be able to get the jack out from under the car!


whirledpeaz is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
xarius's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 714
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
Did mine in a weekend. You'll just need a spring compressor too.

also, when you get the strut/srpings installed and are ready to lower the car back down, make sure you lower it on some 2 x 10's or somesuch. Because you may not be able to get the jack out from under the car!
lol solid advice! I'd be getting a low profile jack I think, but still solid advice, thanks!

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
xarius is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012
MACH I Member
 
YerBuddysPony's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: 'Land-O-Beer'
Posts: 3,143
 
Nice stuff xarius! Please post some pictures after the install. You're going to love it.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
YerBuddysPony is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
xarius's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 714
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
Nice stuff xarius! Please post some pictures after the install. You're going to love it.
Thanks! And no problem. Plenty of pics are pretty much guaranteed with me lol.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
xarius is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1