Vinyl hood/side strip style opinions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Vinyl hood/side strip style opinions

My 2012 Premium ended up being totaled in an accident but I really like the the vinyl stripes on it and wanted to get an opinion on a style I saw on a Boss the other day.

Since I will be in the market for a 13 this month I wanted to get an opinion on what people thought of this tape style on a silver 13 with black stripe or possibly a blac k13 with red stripes.

Click for larger images

My old 2012

Boss Tape

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I dig the boss style ones I just would think it would be cooler if the hood stripe was a little larger. Another color that may look cool is a metallic blue depends do you want subdued or you wana be noticed. Stealth = black wild= color

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
I dig the boss style ones I just would think it would be cooler if the hood stripe was a little larger. Another color that may look cool is a metallic blue depends do you want subdued or you wana be noticed. Stealth = black wild= color
I planning on a silver or black 13 so blue would be a bit odd i think. If I was going to get a white one though the blue might go well.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
Apprentice

I am not very big fan of any really visible side stripes, but the hood looks pretty good on that silver Mustang

I still love and prefer my "stealth-look" hood stripe on my black car I installed them myself few months ago and bought them from Ebay (paid only $39 including the shipping).

2011 Mustang GT Premium
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkus View Post
I am not very big fan of any really visible side stripes, but the hood looks pretty good on that silver Mustang

I still love and prefer my "stealth-look" hood stripe on my black car I installed them myself few months ago and bought them from Ebay (paid only $39 including the shipping).

Like that look. Do you have any on the side? I have my flat black tip to tip will be here Monday. Debating on a little something on the side.

2011 5.0 Gt Premium, Black,Stone Interior,400A, Shaker 1000,3.55 Gears, 19" Pirellies, Air Raid CAI, Roush Axel Backs, Bama 91 performance Tuned, Roush body package.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
Like that look. Do you have any on the side? I have my flat black tip to tip will be here Monday. Debating on a little something on the side.
I only have a light grey pin stripe (with extremely small Mustang logo ) on both sides. Those were already installed by the dealer when I bought the car almost 2 years ago.

You can see the pin stripe better on the pictures below. Stripe is about 2 inches below the side windows.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I really like your stealth stripes on there. The silver mustang in that pic was the one I owned that got totaled

I've been sort of reconsidering going with the Boss style stripes on a GT, I think it may look too contradictory seeing how you would expect them on a Boss
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012
Apprentice

I absolutly LOVE the boss stripes -
I have a black 2012 and plan on wide grabber blue stripes on the nose, hood, truck lid and back -

Tim
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I like the style stripes you had on first. More unique.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago5.0 View Post
I planning on a silver or black 13 so blue would be a bit odd i think. If I was going to get a white one though the blue might go well.
Black car, grabber blue stripe = sex
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoTheKing View Post
Black car, grabber blue stripe = sex
Heres a few shots of my sex machine...

All wet

At the beach

2011 GTCS
Officially too many mods to list...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2011GT View Post
Heres a few shots of my sex machine...

All wet

At the beach

Yep, I came.......
Apprentice

black-silver or silver-black. and i like the boss style

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter
Apprentice

I love the black w silver but my Interior has the seats with a single grabber blue strip and blue thread stitching so I feel the stripes must be blue for me

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page