My acquaintance's $17k 2011 Boss. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicam11A View Post
Well, I'm not sure. This was actually more like 9 months ago (I looked up the date on Fbook) and I'm not sure how many miles are on the car. Plus you gotta factor in those gnar rims!!!!

Now that I think about it, that IS a crappy deal.
Please keep us updated with how you break it to him and how he responds. Video and/or pictures are always a plus. Even a sound bite with "what do you mean its not a boss?!?!?!" would be acceptable. Thanks!

2011 GTCS
Officially too many mods to list...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

He was either duped (and hasn't been told), or he knows damn well it's not a real "Boss" and is trying to dupe everyone else.

If he was duped, someone should tell him. $17k for a used 2011 V6 isn't a very good deal (depending on options, mileage and condition of the car).

If he's knowingly trying to claim his V6 is a Boss 302, he's a douche.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that someone would try to sell a V6 as a Boss 302, especially when the hood comes up, and you see a V6 in the engine compartment. (There are a lot of V6's running around San Antonio with "Boss" C-stripes on the sides.)

Someone else commented on the wheels. I think the Boss wheels are butt ugly, but that's me. *I* would have replaced them if I bought a Boss 302.

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2011GT View Post
Please keep us updated with how you break it to him and how he responds. Video and/or pictures are always a plus. Even a sound bite with "what do you mean its not a boss?!?!?!" would be acceptable. Thanks!
If he's not trying to scam everyone (he's actually kinda clueless about the whole thing), there's really nothing to be gained by making him look like a retard and then putting it on youtube. However, if he knows better, calling him out for it is a valid reaction.

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio

Banned

Faux Boss and not even a good try. There are a lot of faux Shelby's out there too and some are a very good copy. To each their own, but not for me.

One of the reasons I haven't put the Lemans stripes on my GT is I don't want people thinking I'm trying to look like a Shelby when I don't really have one. That's a shame as I really like the look of the Lemans stripes.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
He was either duped (and hasn't been told), or he knows damn well it's not a real "Boss" and is trying to dupe everyone else.

If he was duped, someone should tell him. $17k for a used 2011 V6 isn't a very good deal (depending on options, mileage and condition of the car).

If he's knowingly trying to claim his V6 is a Boss 302, he's a douche.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that someone would try to sell a V6 as a Boss 302, especially when the hood comes up, and you see a V6 in the engine compartment. (There are a lot of V6's running around San Antonio with "Boss" C-stripes on the sides.)

Someone else commented on the wheels. I think the Boss wheels are butt ugly, but that's me. *I* would have replaced them if I bought a Boss 302.
I find that statement a little hypocritical coming from you.

Just saying.

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
One of the reasons I haven't put the Lemans stripes on my GT is I don't want people thinking I'm trying to look like a Shelby when I don't really have one. That's a shame as I really like the look of the Lemans stripes.
Every owner has to find his own comfort level, of course, but I wouldn't worry about that. While it's arguably true that LeMans stripes are currently most closely associated with the GT500, they are an iconic design that have been used on LOTS of cars down through the years ... Shelby Cobras, Ford GTs, Corvettes, Miatas, Mini Coopers, even Dodge and Ford pickups. And on lots and lots of Mustangs, of every year and specification. Phony Shelby badging is one thing, wide stripes that don't say anything about "Shelby" or "Cobra" or "GT500" are another. If you like the look of LeMans stripes and want them on your car, go for it.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

tell him hes a tool and that his wheels are effing ugly.

==2012 Kona Blue Mustang V6==
==1995 Neon Coupe==
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

solid, I'm not sure simmons ever actually says his V6 is a Shelby, it just has a very similar style.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm not sure about a youtube vid, but maybe an audio clip of him saying "whaaaaat?!"

Haha.

5POINTO

Well he has a Boss, not a Boss 302 LOL.
Beast3.7

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't recall this type of thing happening as often when I was younger. It really seems like younger kids try to BS their way into making others think they have way more than they do. I'm not embarrassed to admit that the first car I bought on my own was a 1986 Dodge Charger 2.2. The absolute worst incarnation of the Charger you could ever envision. Anyway, it was mine at an okay price at the time, and no one helped me pay for it. I didn't feel like I had to make it more than it was. I had wheels and that was the most important thing at 19.
Apprentice
5.0L Member

It's like the 2011 Ford Mustang Executive Assistant

Silver - the fastest color.

2013 Mustang GT P 6M: Second Generation MT-82, Barton shifter and bracket, Catch can, MMD hood struts, Blendmount, Bama 93R. Next up - Headers and off-road X pipe, axle backs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replica: $400? No. I'm good. Stock one is fine. It throttles and bodies just fine.
Rawbeef:
Sorry to pile on... But is your wife named Bubba?
Beast3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoren View Post
Some times you just have to let people live in their own little world. He'll have a stop light reality check soon enough. lol
But if he believes his own BS, he might post in the forum something entitled "Boss Seems Slow" or "My Boss Lost to 5.0, What's Wrong?".
Banned

Just from that picture:

Year is wrong.
Stripes are wrong.
Hood is wrong.
Roof is wrong.
Brakes are wrong.
Grill is wrong
Facial is wrong.
Side skirts are wrong.
Seats are wrong.
Steering wheel is wrong.

Feel free to send this list to him.

Does it have a Boss manifold? Does it have side pipes and baffles? Why no Brembo Brakes? Why are the stripes so NOT factory Boss stripes? Why does it have a GT grill? The headlight deletes are there for a reason: they can be removed for air flow. The list goes on and on and on...
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
But if he believes his own BS, he might post in the forum something entitled "Boss Seems Slow" or "My Boss Lost to 5.0, What's Wrong?".
Possible, but not worth worrying about. There are enough knowledgable Mustang-heads around here to quickly sort that out. A likely starting point would be that a (real) Boss and a GT are sufficiently close in performance that the drivers could easily make all the difference in a head-to-head race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
The headlight deletes are there for a reason: they can be removed for air flow.
Picking nits, but on a 2012 Boss grille, they can't. I bought a Boss grille for my GT, hoping I could remove the plates to open up the holes to accept the stock fog lights. Alas, the entire grille, blanking "plates" included, is a single molded piece.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicam11A View Post
solid, I'm not sure simmons ever actually says his V6 is a Shelby, it just has a very similar style.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm not sure about a youtube vid, but maybe an audio clip of him saying "whaaaaat?!"

Haha.
The looks are not similar, they're identical down to the SHELBY badge.

2011 GTCS
Officially too many mods to list...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boss , fake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page