My acquaintance's $17k 2011 Boss. - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
replica

I used to think things like this mattered; authenticity. But does it really? It's not a Boss. We know it's not a Boss. I don't really care what the owner thinks. If he's having fun in his "Boss", great. If I were to meet the guy, I'd ask him all sorts of Boss questions for my own amusement, but I'd never call him out on it. I'd rather he hang himself with stupid answers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
Picking nits, but on a 2012 Boss grille, they can't. I bought a Boss grille for my GT, hoping I could remove the plates to open up the holes to accept the stock fog lights. Alas, the entire grille, blanking "plates" included, is a single molded piece.

Oh.............that's poop. I know the 2013's can.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicam11A View Post
solid, I'm not sure simmons ever actually says his V6 is a Shelby, it just has a very similar style.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm not sure about a youtube vid, but maybe an audio clip of him saying "whaaaaat?!"

Haha.
As Charlie pointed out earlier, he even has Shelby badging on his car.

As for the Boss guy, he'll probably be reluctant to hear anyone say his car is anything but a Boss and will probably ignore your advice too.

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black

GT Member

You can tell its fake from a mile away.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Believe it or not,when I was in high school(graduated 1985) a guy in our class wanted a car with a V-8 he allso did not know jack about cars.went to the stealership bought a used Ford Fairmont told everybody it was a V-8,it was a V-6 but he was convinced it was a V-8 because the salesman told him it was.so this guy thinking he bought a real Boss might believe he really did if he does not know much about cars.just saying it could happen there are people out there like that.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

2011 Boss? Sweet, is that made by delorean?

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
PONY Member

Who care's if the guy thinks he has a Boss or not. It's his car, why Investigate and be nosy? Anyway's they didn't make Boss in 2011 they only were made in 2012-13, a limited 2 year run.

2013 Mustang GT DIB Auto, Roush Axlebacks, Bama Tune and Steeda CAI

PONY Member

Hahahahahahahahaha. Face palm.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2014 Grabber Blue Premium5.0

The Past: 2007 FireRed GT
2012 V6Performance White
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
I used to think things like this mattered; authenticity. But does it really? It's not a Boss. We know it's not a Boss. I don't really care what the owner thinks. If he's having fun in his "Boss", great. If I were to meet the guy, I'd ask him all sorts of Boss questions for my own amusement, but I'd never call him out on it. I'd rather he hang himself with stupid answers.
This is exactly what I would do. Except I'd patiently wait until he exhausts all of his factually deficient statements, which a person like this would NO DOUBT do.

Then I'd pull out the verbal hammer and chisel and break him down to a little tiny nugget of fail.

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush 79mm Pulley ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake GT500 Axlebacks UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs Koni STR.Ts 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

when you get a chance, ask him if you can see the engine, cause you want to check out the boss manifold . . . then you can act confused when it doesn't look right, and investigate further by counting the spark plugs . . . then you can either help him with more information so he can go back to the person he bought it from, or let him be happy in his own world if he starts arguing or making excuses

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Code Blue View Post
Believe it or not,when I was in high school(graduated 1985) a guy in our class wanted a car with a V-8 he allso did not know jack about cars.went to the stealership bought a used Ford Fairmont told everybody it was a V-8,it was a V-6 but he was convinced it was a V-8 because the salesman told him it was.so this guy thinking he bought a real Boss might believe he really did if he does not know much about cars.just saying it could happen there are people out there like that.
I actually bought a 1992 Ford van with what I thought..and the salesman told me...was a 351 in it. It sure seemed like a lot of motor and didn't get very good mileage...about 10-12 mpg. I looked up the VIN (of course AFTER I bought it) and found it had a 460 in it. It was a beast. It would get the same mileage no matter what; up hill, down hill, highway, city, towing, air on, air off. Didn't matter. it just took that much gas to make the thing run.
But I learned my lesson to do better research on vehicle purchases and never believe a salesman.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
GT Member

Someone needs to sneak over at night an peel those stickers off...

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
BOSS Member

Garage
PONY Member

... Seems legit to me.

Haha but seriously it's not an awful looking car or anything. I just hope he takes pride in it and cares for it.

Oh and for the record, I think jsimmons has a great looking ride.

2013 BOSS 302 #0838 GHIG, Recaros, Torsen, 3.73s, Borla S-Types, DSS CF Driveshaft, Paxton Novi 2200, Jegs Cat Deletes, MGW Shifter, Airaid CAI, Steeda Sports, GC CC Plates, UPR LCA Relocation Brackets, J&M Adj. PHB
SOLD-
2011 5.0 Premium Kona Blue
Brembos, 3.73s, 6M
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
Every owner has to find his own comfort level, of course, but I wouldn't worry about that. While it's arguably true that LeMans stripes are currently most closely associated with the GT500, they are an iconic design that have been used on LOTS of cars down through the years ... Shelby Cobras, Ford GTs, Corvettes, Miatas, Mini Coopers, even Dodge and Ford pickups. And on lots and lots of Mustangs, of every year and specification. Phony Shelby badging is one thing, wide stripes that don't say anything about "Shelby" or "Cobra" or "GT500" are another. If you like the look of LeMans stripes and want them on your car, go for it.
Good point, Allez. I hadn't thought of it that way and thanks for bringing it to my attention .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boss , fake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page