Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Well he has a Boss, not a Boss 302 LOL.
Closer to a Boss 203 .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member

Considering that Mercedes has probably made more money selling AMG emblems and rims than actual AMGs, I'd say he probably doesn't know what he really has. If it's a really good friend, you may want to let him down easy. He'll surely be embarrassed. Otherwise, just sit back and let it work itself out. I'm sure you're not the only one who noticed.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

All I can say is "WOW"

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

U.S. Navy veteran 1964-1968

LEN
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If that Mustang was driven in New Jersey the guy would know within about 5 stoplights that he didn't have a Boss. By the time he hit the 10th light, all the funny bits would be stripped.

5 PBA cards pulled so far
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Blazin72- Thanks, that's what I needed, so I can tell him, look- the M means 3.7L.

At this point I'm 90% sure he has no idea. The problem with that is if he goes to sell it some day and plans on getting more than it's worth, it'd be a rude awakening.

I do have different reasons for telling him that I won't get into here, but I'm gonna let him down easy, as JD08 put it.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaizer View Post
... Seems legit to me.

Haha but seriously it's not an awful looking car or anything. I just hope he takes pride in it and cares for it.

Oh and for the record, I think jsimmons has a great looking ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
Good point, Allez. I hadn't thought of it that way and thanks for bringing it to my attention .
I didn't see Allez (or your commen Stevet) until now, and I completely agree. If you like those LeMan stripes, go for it! I think they look great too.

But if you put those stripes on your car, then get SHELBY badging on your car, that's a different story, like another member did here. JSimmons has a fantastic looking car, he just had to go the extra mile and add Shelby badging to his car...

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

similar:
i was at a car show this fall there was a black shelby beside me, nice car but the owner has supsnke on tag and was spouting off all day that it was a super snake with 750 hp, well car had no tag on console, nothing on seats, no emblems, on and on should have called him on it at the show but confirmed my ideas on web before i said anything, why do some people have to lie about what they have. i had a 2002 that i had turned into a bullet clone, BUT I ALWAYS owned up to the fact that it was a clone. interesting side light when i took caR to trade the dealer was having a fit trying to find it in their books, i finally laughed at him and told him it was a clone, they didn't even know that the bullet was NOT MADE IN 2002.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boss , fake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page