Mustang In Fog Conditions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Mustang In Fog Conditions

I was completely satisfied with my foglights tonight, today was the real test for these bulbs as we had dense fog in orlando.
Just wanted to share with you guys
Sorry for bad quality pictures, my phone barely got the flash through the fog.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fog1.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	167845   Click image for larger version

Name:	fog 2.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	533.1 KB
ID:	167846   Click image for larger version

Name:	fog 3.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	581.1 KB
ID:	167847   Click image for larger version

Name:	fog 4.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	167848  

Ford mustang gt premium with HID/ Ford racing adjustable handling pack/ Hurst short throw shifter/ Borla ATAK/ ARH long tube headers/ JLT Cobra jet CAI/ Jon Lund tune/ GT500 spoiler and diffuser/ CS front fascia/ Boss splitter/ Aeroforce interceptor Gauges/ SOS gauge pillar/ Valentine 1/Redline tuning hood struts/ GT500 Mud Guards/Ford Racing SVTPP rims/ Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position/Roush side skirts/CobraJet intake/Cobrajet throttle body/JLT oil separator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
MACH I Member

Looks like a ticket waiting to happen.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

A police/ticket, why?

Ford mustang gt premium with HID/ Ford racing adjustable handling pack/ Hurst short throw shifter/ Borla ATAK/ ARH long tube headers/ JLT Cobra jet CAI/ Jon Lund tune/ GT500 spoiler and diffuser/ CS front fascia/ Boss splitter/ Aeroforce interceptor Gauges/ SOS gauge pillar/ Valentine 1/Redline tuning hood struts/ GT500 Mud Guards/Ford Racing SVTPP rims/ Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position/Roush side skirts/CobraJet intake/Cobrajet throttle body/JLT oil separator

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
MACH I Member

Not sure what your state laws are for 6-8 lights, that could be a problem. Also a couple of your lights look pretty bright, but that might be because of the camera/angle. Even if it is legal, it screams look at me and makes your car stick out like a sore thumb.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well maybe it's just me, but just looking at it blinds my eyes for some unusual reason. xD

What kinda fogs are those? Those are very bright.

I like your fog setup though.

Another reason you might get a ticket is with those 4 foglights . If you do drive with all headlight and foglights on, then you can get pulled over for having more than 4 lights on in the front.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Let me clear things up:
I asked a police officer about it and he said ok as long as I have no more than 4 lights on, I would never turn all 6. And yes yellow is allowed in Florida but in the form of fog lights only. Cant use yellow on headlights in any vehicle.
And for the brightness, i wish they are that bright, but as you said its because of the camera, they dont blind traffic like Hids. They are yellow halogen bulbs.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
Rookie
V6 Member

Looks really good Haitham. Would love to have a set of fog lights, maybe down the road.

99 Ford Mustang 3.8 5 spd.
18x9 Godspeed rims
Halo Projection headlights
SC Cold Air Intake
MSD 8.8 Spark plug wires
Bosh platnum +4
1978 Ford F-150 Ranger XLT 351M 4x4 auto
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
Apprentice

Ignore those " too bright-cops are not gonna like it" comments. Its looks great. If you can see better in fog-I know fog, and others see you better-then all the better.

2012 GT/CS 'Vert. Triple Black
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Exactly, these yellow lights dont blind incoming traffic and look cool.
When I was driving yesterday, I tried my oem hids by themselves, and the result was garbage. They were so bright to an extent all the light was reflected back to me instead of penetrating through the fog.
Thesedays we can see drivers doing crazy stuff, I think the DMV should impose new driving license tests for everyone. Like for example, 70% of the drivers yesterday were using their fog lights and high beams together!? Thats called blinding incoming traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-11_17-53-43_840_Orlando.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	877.1 KB
ID:	167856  

PONY Member

Nice addition to your Mustang and for a smart reason.

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by haitham View Post
Like for example, 70% of the drivers yesterday were using their fog lights and high beams together!?
How would they be doing that? Most, if not all, factory fog lights are wired to shut off when you turn the high beams on.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Yup...I dont know but thats what I saw on the road especially trucks (f150,silverado...)

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I like yellow fogs more than white, I think they're more effective. Plus they look unique.

Looking good, OP.

2012 GT. Black. 300A, 55D.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitham View Post
Yup...I dont know but thats what I saw on the road especially trucks (f150,silverado...)
I think they're not running their brights. Remember you're alot lower than they are so their regular light will look like brights. Happens to me all the time. Just about all newer truck headlights look like brights anymore.

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I agree with you at this point, but we have a lot of lifted trucks in here and most of them install cheap 6000-8000 hids. Imagine that being behind you.
I dont know why so many use their high beams in florida, as if the roads are not lit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page