Ford Sync and Android with external SD Card - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ford Sync and Android with external SD Card

I was so dissapointed when I found out that Ford Sync only read the internal memory of my Galaxy Note II. I have an 32G MicroSD Card that I put all my music on and Ford Sync can't see any of it. I do not want to put my music on the internal storage.

This is a sad that I have to use BT audio streaming lose most voice command. I hope Ford would issue a patch to use MTP protocol instead of USB Mass Storage or enable BT MAP support.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogboundturtle View Post
I was so dissapointed when I found out that Ford Sync only read the internal memory of my Galaxy Note II. I have an 32G MicroSD Card that I put all my music on and Ford Sync can't see any of it. I do not want to put my music on the internal storage.

This is a sad that I have to use BT audio streaming lose most voice command. I hope Ford would issue a patch to use MTP protocol instead of USB Mass Storage or enable BT MAP support.
Transfer all your music on the MicroSD to USB and you're golden. If you're using the port in the center console there is another one just inside the glove box.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blackgt View Post
Transfer all your music on the MicroSD to USB and you're golden. If you're using the port in the center console there is another one just inside the glove box.
Another USB inside the glovebox? Bout to go look inside my 2011 right now!

2011 GT

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaero066 View Post
Another USB inside the glovebox? Bout to go look inside my 2011 right now!
Well . . ... it's not quite that easy. You have to drop down the glove box face and look up and backwards. Do a search someone wrote up procedures on how to find it. I have an extension cable running from the port to the glove box.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogboundturtle View Post
I was so dissapointed when I found out that Ford Sync only read the internal memory of my Galaxy Note II. I have an 32G MicroSD Card that I put all my music on and Ford Sync can't see any of it. I do not want to put my music on the internal storage. This is a sad that I have to use BT audio streaming lose most voice command. I hope Ford would issue a patch to use MTP protocol instead of USB Mass Storage or enable BT MAP support.
Hi, fogboundturtle -

Using a thumb drive is great, you can buy one for a couple bucks and leave it in your car permanently! Just be sure it's formatted to FAT 32 and not password-protected.

Jaclyn

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I play my music via Bluetooth. Works awesome
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012
Beast3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, fogboundturtle -

Using a thumb drive is great, you can buy one for a couple bucks and leave it in your car permanently! Just be sure it's formatted to FAT 32 and not password-protected.

Jaclyn
If we could only get you guys to update Sync.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, fogboundturtle -

Jaclyn
Hi Jaclyn,

While you're answering questions, I thought I would ask one. Many times when I start my car, even after having just turned it off to run into a store, SYNC suddenly doesnt recognize my Ipod that's plugged in, even though it might have been just working. I try to unlug everything and re-connect, and sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. Is this a known issue? Do I need an update?

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
If we could only get you guys to update Sync.
I hear you loud and clear, hogasswild. I pass along your feedback to our engineers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post
Hi Jaclyn,

While you're answering questions, I thought I would ask one. Many times when I start my car, even after having just turned it off to run into a store, SYNC suddenly doesnt recognize my Ipod that's plugged in, even though it might have been just working. I try to unlug everything and re-connect, and sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. Is this a known issue? Do I need an update?
Hi, DerekStangGT -

When this happens, have you tried giving the voice command USB? I'll be happy to check for an available update, please PM me your VIN.

Jaclyn

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page