just weighed my 2011 gt, surprised # - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

just weighed my 2011 gt, surprised #

Well just went with a buddy to weigh my car. The two of us weigh right at 500lbs so I was expecting a minimum of 4300lbs. Had a half a tank of gas and my spare and jack still in the trunk...

Pulled on the scale and it read 4000lbs exactly. Was like damn, we jumped out of the car and it read 3500, so pretty sure its accurate. I had thought these cars weighed around 3800 with no driver.... guess not lol. What has everyone else seen weight wise?

2011 base 5.0 6mt, 3.73, ingot silver, magnaflo competition catback, upr off road x pipe, Boss intake, Barton shift bracket, j&m lower control arms,Shaftmasters one-piece ds, bmr core support/sway bar delete, jlt coldair, bama 91 race tune, nitto nt555 255/45-18. Best Et's:
Street tire: [email protected] 2.02 60ft
Slicks: [email protected] 1.62 60ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by j chaney View Post
Well just went with a buddy to weigh my car. The two of us weigh right at 500lbs so I was expecting a minimum of 4300lbs. Had a half a tank of gas and my spare and jack still in the trunk...

Pulled on the scale and it read 4000lbs exactly. Was like damn, we jumped out of the car and it read 3500, so pretty sure its accurate. I had thought these cars weighed around 3800 with no driver.... guess not lol. What has everyone else seen weight wise?
Most of these cars weigh in at around the 3600lb. mark.

Where did you get it weighed at?

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

with the lighter exhaust setup that might explain the 100lbs...the other 500? Well make sure you take that jack out ....

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
Apprentice

No disrespect intended but is there enough room for two big guys to ride comfortably in a Mustang?

2013 GT Premium Convertible
Sterling Grey/Saddle Interior
Automatic/Brembos/Shaker Pro Audio
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlime View Post
No disrespect intended but is there enough room for two big guys to ride comfortably in a Mustang?
Absolutely! You only fight over the arm-rest. Usually.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlime View Post
There isn't even enough room for one big guy in a Mustang. Sometimes, I feel like I'm wearing the car, instead of getting inside of it. Sort of like an Iron Man suit on wheels....... But, I knew this fully before I bought the car, and I'm not complaining. The car is a hoot to drive, and I'll sacrifice a lot of things for that driving experience.

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j chaney View Post
... Pulled on the scale and it read 4000lbs exactly. Was like damn, we jumped out of the car and it read 3500 .... What has everyone else seen weight wise?
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-3500-lbs.html
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
PONY Member

My car weighed 3480 with a nearly full tank of gas. But only 3650 with me in it. I think Mustangs are kind of heavy, for what they are.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13 View Post
There isn't even enough room for one big guy in a Mustang. Sometimes, I feel like I'm wearing the car, instead of getting inside of it. Sort of like an Iron Man suit on wheels....... But, I knew this fully before I bought the car, and I'm not complaining. The car is a hoot to drive, and I'll sacrifice a lot of things for that driving experience.

Tim
That's how it's supposed to feel, it's a sports car, you wear it.

That being said, it fits the driver well, even if your big. And the passenger too... but anymore is killing it. At work I can only fit 1 big guy, if there are two then we have to take another car. I can however fit 4 girls in my car, plus a couple in the trunk. Haha, too far.

2012 Black V6 Coupe Auto 2.73
BAMA 93+ Race Tune, Magnaflow Comps, 3370lbs
SVT Drift 18", Nitto NT555
13.7 @100mph
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
Absolutely! You only fight over the arm-rest. Usually.
This for sure lol. Thee seats are way more comfortable than my last car 01 z-28.

A friend works at a metal recycle plant, said its definatly accurate just drove it on their scales

2011 base 5.0 6mt, 3.73, ingot silver, magnaflo competition catback, upr off road x pipe, Boss intake, Barton shift bracket, j&m lower control arms,Shaftmasters one-piece ds, bmr core support/sway bar delete, jlt coldair, bama 91 race tune, nitto nt555 255/45-18. Best Et's:
Street tire: [email protected] 2.02 60ft
Slicks: [email protected] 1.62 60ft
Grimace427

Mine weighed in at 3790lbs at MIR with me in the driver's seat(150lbs), 1/2 tank, and two overnight bags for my girl and I with some camera gear. This was with stock headers+cats and a Magnaflow catback, stock intake, stock Pirelli tires on original Brembo wheels, and stock driveshaft.

It was 3795 after lunch.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13 View Post

Tim
That's funny, one of the big factors in deciding to buy both my '09 and '12 Mustangs was the fact that they fit good. Big-framed 6 footer here, who (call me crazy) likes driving in a relatively upright seated position.

You want to try on a really snug fitting car, slip into a few of the "sporty" rice-powered models the next time you go to a new car show.

As to the OPs few hundred pound variance, aren't those weights always based on only having the options standard for that model, and no fluids? It would be pretty hard to replicate that in the real world.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page