2012 Premium Mustang power seat problem - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2012 Premium Mustang power seat problem

The other night, I went to adjust the height of my seat.. and it seems like the motor for the up/down movement is not working.. the seat moves forwards and backwards properly, and the tilt of the seat bottom seems to work.. but I can't adjust the height .. the motor just 'buzzes' ... grrr... guess I gotta take time off work to bring it to the dealership for a few things now -

Seat motor
Front LCA 'clunking' noise
Vibration at downshifting, around 2500 rpm

2012 Premium V6 (manual) Mustang Club of America with Performance Package, comfort package, electronics package, backup sensors/camera, lava red leather interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
GT Member

Yeah this problem has been discussed here. Some of those motors are just poop. If you are already going in for the LCA issue, all the better. Just grab some time at the dealer and call it a day.

Can you describe your downshifting issue? Can't say I've heard of this one.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

apparently the downshifting thing is pretty common in the V6 Manual .. as it's coming down through the RPM range, there's a noticeable vibration that can be felt in the shifter, feels like you're driving over rumblestrips as you pass through 2500 rpms... a lot of people say that it's "normal" .. .but it seems weird to me.. so that's on the list for the dealership to check out.

2012 Premium V6 (manual) Mustang Club of America with Performance Package, comfort package, electronics package, backup sensors/camera, lava red leather interior

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
GT Member

Well, the engine is only connected to the shifter in some way or another. Sounds normal to me.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yep, the Deceleration Vibration from 3000-2500 is normal, the fix for that is get rid of the Dual mass flywheel and clutch. But Ford isn't going to pay for that
I did have mine into the Dealer just to have the problem Documented.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_gecko View Post
The other night, I went to adjust the height of my seat.. and it seems like the motor for the up/down movement is not working.. the seat moves forwards and backwards properly, and the tilt of the seat bottom seems to work.. but I can't adjust the height .. the motor just 'buzzes' ... grrr... guess I gotta take time off work to bring it to the dealership for a few things now -

Seat motor
Front LCA 'clunking' noise
Vibration at downshifting, around 2500 rpm
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area, cal_gecko. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
Rookie

About the seat....... I have a 12 GT/CS and the same thing happened to me. Go to the dealer and, if your car is still in warranty, they will fix it for you. No questions asked!

Silverchief12
Chicago, IL.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area, cal_gecko. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Hey Deysha... I sent you a message yesterday with all my info thanks

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Yep, the Deceleration Vibration from 3000-2500 is normal, the fix for that is get rid of the Dual mass flywheel and clutch. But Ford isn't going to pay for that
I did have mine into the Dealer just to have the problem Documented.
Yeah, I figured that there's nothing that can be done about it, as it seems to be 'normal' .. but I wanted it documented.. hopefully they can get it all done for me today.. I got their shuttle to give me a ride to work.. I'll need to get a ride back to the dealership when they're done, but I definitely need my car to get home at the end of the day!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Regarding the seat motor that no longer works - They're replacing the seat tracks/motors, but have to order it, so I'll have to bring the car back

Regarding the 2500rpm vibration at downshift - They said there were a couple loose transmission mount bolts, which they said would cause the 2500rpm vibration (yeah, right)

Regarding the clunk in the suspension over speedbumps - They said that my 2012 Mustang's VIN didn't fall within any Service Bulletins for suspension noises .. and when the tech had it up on the lift nothing seemed loose

Great.

worthless.

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_gecko View Post
Hey Deysha... I sent you a message yesterday with all my info thanks
Got it, cal_geko. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in