Torn between 03 cobra and 2011 gt - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
GT Member

I always thought the '94-04 cars were butt ugly. The '03-04 Cobra is the only one that is even livable as far as appearance goes, and it's nice that it can support ~800rwhp with most of the stock drivetrain.

But the '11+ cars are so much better in every way that it's not even a contest. If you're trying to make over 700hp, get the Cobra. For daily driving and a really fast car that you don't have to treat like a garage queen, the new GTs are the way to go.

2012 P8C, HP, 300A, 55D, 457
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Interior of the old stangs is absolute crap. That being said, if you can afford an interior remodel, i say terminator all the way

PONY Member

Cobra has Traction Control but it pulls fuel instead of timing so most guys turn it off. I owned both and when it was time to move on from one I got rid of my 11 GT. GTs will be a dime a dozen at some point. They only made 19K 03/04 Cobras and its estimated that less than 15k of those are left. My 04 Screaming Yellow coupe is 1 of 299.

2004 SY Cobra, Pulley, CAI, Exhaust, Baer Brakes (458 rwhp & 479 rwtq) Projected completion June 2012

2011 RaceRed 5.0 6M; Brembo's, HIDs, Security, & 3.73s; 738 rwhp & 531 rwtq - Sold

2012 Limited Expedition EL

Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
All of us are going to like both cars. We would all have a problem pick one over the other in your shoes. No matter, you'll have a nice car. Just go with what your heart wants, not your head. Simply fact is, if you really feel you want one more then the other. If you get the one you didn't want as much, you'll just kick yourself for buying it. Been there, done that with many cars.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The gt will be more practical for daily use as I do with mine but, IMO there is no better looking or sounding stang than the 03/04 cobra.

Get both if you can
Rookie

Tough call and depends on what you're wanting. I have one of both.

The Cobra has the unique factor going for it. Driving down the street, it will probably be the only one. The newer GT has creature comforts going for it. The interior from the Cobra versus the new GT is day and night.

Both wonderful cars --- can't go wrong either way.
PONY Member

coming from someone who has never been a mustang guy...the corba is one of the ugliest body styles ever produced...that is soley my opionion and i know not everyone feels that way.

also 8 years is a crap load of time and cars usually come a very lomg ways in that amount of time.

i also think you'll never see the sort of numbers that old school cars bring on anything newer the late 70's, just wont happen i dont think. i mean kbb only shows the value of that car with 80k miles in perfect condition at 16k, they apparently are that big of a collectors item, as everyone seems to think...sure maybe the market will pay more, but thats what kbb says...also they me holding thier value better then a gt of the same age, but still losing alot and its 10 years old now...i just dont see that changing ever...just my opionion though

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
GT Member
S197 Member

My nieghbor has an 04 Cobra, with 7K on it, Looks like it just came off the show room floor and it's a nasty mofo. Smaller pully, CAI, full exhaust with O/R X pipe, custom tune, stagered setup with drag radials. He said it's putting down aroung 450whp, forget what the torque was. Nice to have the IRS too.

Road with him once, very comfortable seats, that you get slammed back into banging through the gears

If you are just going to drive it on the weekend, I say get it, like was already said, they are rare and could be worth alot more someday, and should be kept in the garage.

If your going DD, then do the GT

2012 GT Premuim A/T Sterling Gray, Loaded, Tinted, Steeda 93 Tune, JLT Oil catch can, 12" MTX Sub, CHE LCA's, GT500's, Boss/CS Lower Fascia W/foglights.
2011 V6 M/T traded for 2012 GT
2007 GT M/T traded for CRV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in