Picked up a set of reconditioned 2010 OEM 19" GT500 Wheels... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Picked up a set of reconditioned 2010 OEM 19" GT500 Wheels...

19 x 9.5 in hypersilver. I think these wheels look GREAT!!! I bought all 4 from wheelership.com, which claims to use the only ISO/SAE certified recondition company in the USA. The said the color should be very, very close to the original color. I saved a TONNNNN of money rather than buying new. Anyone have experience with reconditioned OEM GT500 wheels?

'12 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium, 401A, MT-82, BMR Springs(front), Eibach Sportline Springs(rear), Koni STR.T's, FRPP GT500 Strut Mounts, J&M Adjustable Pamhard Bar, FRPP 3.73's, CS Front Valence, 19" x 9.5" Hypersilver OEM '10 GT500 Wheels. LMR Shorty Antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
PONY Member

TTIWWOP .....

you gonna post some photos???

2012 Premium V6 (manual) Mustang Club of America with Performance Package, comfort package, electronics package, backup sensors/camera, lava red leather interior
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
PONY Member

(This Thread is Worthless Without Pics)

2012 Premium V6 (manual) Mustang Club of America with Performance Package, comfort package, electronics package, backup sensors/camera, lava red leather interior

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
PONY Member

... lmao, pics should have been the first thing u post

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

lol...you guys are right. Totally misleading subject line. I'll post pics once I receive them.

'12 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium, 401A, MT-82, BMR Springs(front), Eibach Sportline Springs(rear), Koni STR.T's, FRPP GT500 Strut Mounts, J&M Adjustable Pamhard Bar, FRPP 3.73's, CS Front Valence, 19" x 9.5" Hypersilver OEM '10 GT500 Wheels. LMR Shorty Antenna
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
Apprentice

I have a set of those myself. VERY rare and hard to find. Good pick!

2011 GT Premium | Grabber Blue | Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Kit with Tuning by VMP
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
I have a set of those myself. VERY rare and hard to find. Good pick!
Awesome. You bought a reconditioned set? If so, where from?

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
PONY Member

knockoff and replicas dont look anywhere near as good as the oem gt500s

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSPARXv View Post
These are OEM wheels, just stripped and repainted/cleared. Why do they not look as good? Have you seen reconditioned and OEM painted wheels side by side?

Apprentice

how is anyone supposed to know what they look like without photos. If you're going to show something off, the basis of that phrase is to "show." With pictures.

2011 MUSTANG GT 5.0 - STERLING GREY 6SPD - Steeda CAI, Bama 91OCT Tune, Flowmaster Hushpower, H&R Super Sport Springs, Boss 302 Strut Brace, Fender mounted gatling guns
PONY Member

had to Google them.. here's a photo of the wheels.. they are nice looking!

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSPARXv View Post
These aren't replicas, they're the FORGED 19x9.5 Shelby GT500 OEM wheels. They were only offered for a year I believe, and not sold as an accessory part, so they're very very hard to find.

The 18" version of this wheel (slightly different color) is much more common and do have replica versions as well. The 18" versions are not forged and are significantly cheaper and easier to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
Awesome. You bought a reconditioned set? If so, where from?
I bought a takeoff set from eBay with a few hundred miles on them. Paid about $900. Considering replacement cost from Ford is about $1500 a wheel, I didn't figure I did bad.

2011 GT Premium | Grabber Blue | Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Kit with Tuning by VMP
Rookie

Here's mine....bought them off the original owners...get nothing but thumbs up with them...they're shoed with Nitto Invos 285 35 rears and 255 40 fronts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in