Borla S-Type GoPro Video - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Borla S-Type GoPro Video

I just put together a few clips from a video I made a while ago.
Recorded with an external mic mounted under the back bumper.

2011 Mustang GT Borla S-Type Heartthrob H Catback - YouTube

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
PONY Member

Sounds great! As I watched, I kept thinking to myself...man those roads and buildings look like they're in New Hampshire. Then I looked at your location.

2014 GT Coupe, 3.73 gears, Security Pkg
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
PONY Member

Garage
Sounds pretty nasty. I'm thinking about getting a GoPro Motorsports version, do you have any pics of how you set it up? Also was your mic seperate from the GoPro setup?

2002 Mustang GT: 5-spd, 96k: CAI, IAC restrictor plate, Mac Prochamber O/R, Borla Stingers
268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

2015 Chevy Colorado 4cyl, 6-spd manual
1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriderjf87 View Post
Sounds pretty nasty. I'm thinking about getting a GoPro Motorsports version, do you have any pics of how you set it up? Also was your mic seperate from the GoPro setup?
No pics sorry.
I had the camera mounted on the roof as far forward as my 8 feet of mic. cable would allow.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
Grimace427

Sounds like a mono microphone. I started out using an Olympus ME-15 mono mic and found you can set the audio channel to one side to get stereo but could not figure out how to save the video that way. Your car sounds sweet btw! The video get's real good at the end.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
PONY Member

Garage
Yeah I'm very curious about the mic used, or what else works well. That sounds like a great idea with the video on the roof and mic near the back of the car.

2002 Mustang GT: 5-spd, 96k: CAI, IAC restrictor plate, Mac Prochamber O/R, Borla Stingers
268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
Rookie

sounds sexy <3

loved it man

am planning on getting the same exhaust.. but probably change the mufflers to x-force mufflers
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriderjf87 View Post
Yeah I'm very curious about the mic used, or what else works well. That sounds like a great idea with the video on the roof and mic near the back of the car.
I bought this Mic Amazon.com: Olympus ME-51S Stereo Microphone: Electronics Grimace linked it a while ago.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1120 View Post
I bought this Mic Amazon.com: Olympus ME-51S Stereo Microphone: Electronics Grimace linked it a while ago.

So you were using the ME-51? What cable were you using? Now that I am remembering, I think there are different kinds of microhphone extensions and you need to specify two channel cables. Can you post a picture of the cable end you are using? I will do the same when I get home.

Also, during my wind-noise testing I found the quietest place to be the bumper just below the trunk lid.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
So you were using the ME-51? What cable were you using? Now that I am remembering, I think there are different kinds of microhphone extensions and you need to specify two channel cables. Can you post a picture of the cable end you are using? I will do the same when I get home.

Also, during my wind-noise testing I found the quietest place to be the bumper just below the trunk lid.
I will when I get home. I'm not sure what it is because a just went to radio shack and asked what they had for mono extension cables.
I was going to try that location next time I setup the Gopro.
Grimace427

Quote:
I will when I get home. I'm not sure what it is because a just went to radio shack and asked what they had for mono extension cables.
I think you will need to specify stereo extension cables. 3.5mm.
MACH I Member

Awesome. I love videos like this. Good job man...the more you guys post stuff like this the easier it is for noobs like me to learn more about my GoPro. Thanks!

*and thanks to Grimace again naturally...

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I think you will need to specify stereo extension cables. 3.5mm.
Looks like I'll need to do some shopping. Two rings on the Mic end and only one on the extension.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20121211_174730.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	844.8 KB
ID:	167997  
Grimace427

Quote:
Looks like I'll need to do some shopping. Two rings on the Mic end and only one on the extension.

Yup, there it is.

Here are some neat options, gold plated...
Amazon.com: iMBAprice - Pro iMBA Series Stereo Audio Cable - 12 Feet Gold Plated 3.5mm Male To 3.5mm Female Extension Stereo Audio Cable - Lifetime Warranty: Electronics

Super cheap option.
Amazon.com: C2G / Cables to Go 13787 6 feet 3.5 mm Male/Female Stereo Audio Extension Cable Black: Electronics

The one I have was less than $5 so it isn't super vital. We aren't talking cinema-quality here.
PONY Member

Garage
Awesome, I'm amped to get this set up. Thanks for all the info everyone.

268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page