Traded my Mustang GT in for a 12' Camaro SS L99 Auto - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick F View Post
Just to clarify, I didn't mean any kind of offense. I think its pretty brave of you to come on here, knowing you'd probably get flamed.

If you like your car, who am I to complain? In the end, its all about YOU liking it. I used to DD my gt500. It wasn't a LOT of fun, but it wasn't too bad either. The ridiculous torque made driving so easy. I could be in 6th at 30mph and 1,100rpm and still accelerate faster than most cars around me.

Hey, at least he still has a muscle car! I like the Camaro. I just don't have one because the driver interfaces for me just don't work (I'm too short/too Asian, short legs, normally length torso, long arms...*sigh*)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
Thanks for all that.
I still want to participate in the forums but I don't want to go on acting like I still have a mustang because I don't. So I provided my story.

One picture so far. Not the best and it's dirty from the rain
Nice car 5.0ben. Congratulations in getting what you want. Nice of you to still hang out here in the forum. Let us know how the camaro compares to the mustang when you get the chance. Competition is good for us consumers. Good luck.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

When I first saw the new Camaro I thought they bought the Corvair back. Big Chevy guys at work to me, "Dave, I hate to admit it but Ford got it right with the Mustang." And what's with those ugly rectangular shaped speedo & rpm gauges? It's all good. Don't post pictures of your bow tie on here and think your not gonna get hammered a little. Cheers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Dave USAF (Ret)
2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Comfort Pkg., Red Candy, Saddle Leather, 6 MT, 3.31s Build date: 20120808, Purchase date: 20121009, Mods: GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Redline Hood Struts

PONY Member

I never understood the brand bias thing. Ford is a corporation! They don't hive a damn about you as an individual. They offer a great car, the Mustang, at a relatively affordable price. Guess what, so do Chevy and Dodge.

All 3 CEO's wouldn't drop a $5 dollar bill to save your life. So what's with the loyalty? I've always gone with the best car that I can afford at the time. I love the Camaro, its sexy as hell, the only thing that kept me away was the weight. Same with the Challenger. Of the 3 , the Mustang comes in 3rd place as far as looks go IMO.

If the next Gen Camaro sheds a few hundred pounds , I would most definitely consider buying one. Or if Dodge releases the Barracuda and it doesn't tip the scales, I would have no issue buying one of those either.

Its just downright goofy to hate on someone because they bought a different brand car then you. It's like the guys that get into physical fights over sports teams, it's like...... come on guys are you for real? You're fighting over a team of millionaire's who have zero loyalty ,other than to the highest bidding generally Manager/ team owner. These athletes don't care about you or your city, and you're fighting over them ? Same thing, equally as idiotic

2013 Sterling Gray Mustang GT- ( Bone Stock)

2009 Silver WRX- ( traded for 13' GT)
post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Don't post pictures of your bow tie on here and think your not gonna get hammered a little.
Some asked for pictures so I provided.
This is an open forum and I'll do as I please(within the rule set). Of course people have a right to their opinion, hammer away if you must....
In the end I don't care what people say this car is the SH*t!

The problem with threads like this is people see a couple posts with pics of camaros without reading the whole thread and start blasting. Many post ignorant comments without have even driven an auto Camaro SS...

True auto enthusiast respect performance no matter who the manufacture is...

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well congrats on the new whip fellow Marylander! Where do you take the odyseey in for service? If you get the chance or in the area come by Honda in Laurel. Im that service guy...

2012 Black 5.0 - LUND Tuned, / Lethal o/r Xpipe / Stainless Works Retro Catback / FRPP "K" Springs / JLT catch can / Carbon Fiber CAI BMR Panhard, LCA, relo brackets / Steeda Pro Action Shocks/Struts, Tri-Ax shift / 19" RTRs on Michelin Super Sports(Front) Nitto 555s(Rear)
PONY Member
S197 Member

Idk about the paddle shifters, when I had my '10 camaro lt, I got bored of them pretty fast. But I liked the camaro, I just wanted more and I didn't like that GM became Government Motors. But hey, they're both american and we should stick together against imporrts. AMERICA F**K YEAH!

2011 Mustang GT black. Mods: JLT CAI, JBA Long Tube Headers Catted H-pipe, GT500 axle back, Bama 93 Race tune, Koni STRTs, Speeda Sports, GT500 mounts, BMR LCAs, relo brackets and panhard bar
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
Some asked for pictures so I provided.
This is an open forum and I'll do as I please(within the rule set). Of course people have a right to their opinion, hammer away if you must....
In the end I don't care what people say this car is the SH*t!

The problem with threads like this is people see a couple posts with pics of camaros without reading the whole thread and start blasting. Many post ignorant comments without have even driven an auto Camaro SS...

True auto enthusiast respect performance no matter who the manufacture is...
Agreed ! I could never understand how some people can be so narrow minded. A lot of my friends are die hard Chevy guys. They go out of their way to insult anyone who drives anything else.
And i surmise from what is going on here,the Ford camp is well represented in that fashion as well.
I go to a lot of car shows and Ill give credit where its due. A nice car is a nice car. Regardless. Again, to coin a phrase "people are funny"

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
GT Member

Enjoy the new ride OP.

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II

Last edited by kenv; 12-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.
PONY Member

Camaro's are awesome.

To all the people that talk S, tell them, unless your going to let me use your Taco Bell employee discount, then frankly, I don't give a damn !

replica

Are people this serious about Ford VS Chevy? I guess because I've always had friends that were car guys, and we own any brand of car if we like it, we don't really care. From 350z's, to Civic's, to EVO's, to Vettes. No one cares.

Take your blood pressure meds and calm the eff down.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Different strokes for different folks! I have several friends that have Camaro's and love them. I drove both before buying my Mustang and I have absolutey no regrets. I could not be more pleased with my decision. However, I respect your decision as well. Enjoy!

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
Are people this serious about Ford VS Chevy? I guess because I've always had friends that were car guys, and we own any brand of car if we like it, we don't really care. From 350z's, to Civic's, to EVO's, to Vettes. No one cares.

Take your blood pressure meds and calm the eff down.
+ 1

Exactly.

The manufacturer of the car never plays a role for me or my friends either. If it's fast, affordable, and reliable , I'm interested.

F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I'm plenty calm. And objective. If I bought a Raptor, I'm going to go to the Raptor forum and hang out. If I bought a WRX, I'd join there. The obvious point is that I would share a common goal: Learn and share about the car that I have common to the group. There shouldn't be an expectation that I would have the slightest interest in a Camaro here. I don't. I don't expect camaro 5 guys to like Mustangs. They don't. I'm cool with that. What's next? A mod section for the SS? Is this place so PC that I have to care about everyones car, regardless of make? Any way, If anyone buys and Evoque, be sure to post, I'm all ears.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
I'm plenty calm. And objective. If I bought a Raptor, I'm going to go to the Raptor forum and hang out. If I bought a WRX, I'd join there. The obvious point is that I would share a common goal: Learn and share about the car that I have common to the group. There shouldn't be an expectation that I would have the slightest interest in a Camaro here. I don't. I don't expect camaro 5 guys to like Mustangs. They don't. I'm cool with that. What's next? A mod section for the SS? Is this place so PC that I have to care about everyones car, regardless of make? Any way, If anyone buys and Evoque, be sure to post, I'm all ears.
Calm? Maybe

Just because you don't like to hear about other performance cars, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. And its not like the op is some random Camaro fanboy , he's made over a thousand posts as a Mustang owner.

Last edited by kenv; 12-12-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page