Traded my Mustang GT in for a 12' Camaro SS L99 Auto - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I'm just a car guy. I don't have any allegiance to any particular brand however, I lusted after Corvettes since I was 12. I have owned two C6's an 07 and 08 (both manuals.) So it's not that I'm against Chevy but the Camaro just looks and feels HUGE to me. The 2013 5.0 doesn't pull as strong as my Vette did but it's still a pretty impressive car. I think the interior materials could use a little help but otherwise I like it a lot better than the Camaro.

I can appreciate the OP's decision to trade the Mustang and that's why they make different cars. I hope you have fun with it and if you're happy that's all that matters.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 2010GT_NC
I like most everything about the Camaro except the styling, it's old now. It got old very fast. I would hate to walk out to my driveway and see a Camaro sitting there. To each their own. Hope Chevrolet has a plan to update the car, i'm quite tired of seeing them.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
Lack of pull in the 5.0 especially in the low end bothered me to no end. People would ride in my car and always ask, is that it after I got on it?

Is this real life?

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
Is this real life?
Or is it just fantasy?

2011 Mustang GT black. Mods: JLT CAI, JBA Long Tube Headers Catted H-pipe, GT500 axle back, Bama 93 Race tune, Koni STRTs, Speeda Sports, GT500 mounts, BMR LCAs, relo brackets and panhard bar
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire009 View Post
Or is it just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
I'm plenty calm. And objective. If I bought a Raptor, I'm going to go to the Raptor forum and hang out. If I bought a WRX, I'd join there. The obvious point is that I would share a common goal: Learn and share about the car that I have common to the group. There shouldn't be an expectation that I would have the slightest interest in a Camaro here. I don't. I don't expect camaro 5 guys to like Mustangs. They don't. I'm cool with that. What's next? A mod section for the SS? Is this place so PC that I have to care about everyones car, regardless of make? Any way, If anyone buys and Evoque, be sure to post, I'm all ears.
Ironic comment coming from a Mustang owner that whores his car out on Camaro 5....just saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28th1s View Post
I wouldn't even trade my MT82 '11 3.7 V6 for an auto L99 Camaro, but as long as you are happy that is all that matters.
Apprentice

I had a 2011 2SS L99 Auto, you will have to tune it to turn the AFM off and also be ready to see ALOT of chips on the car and especially around the rear quarter panels. The paint on the car is VERY WEEK, go to Camaro5.com and you will find endless posts on there crappy paint job. In the end I do not regret trading my Camaro SS for a new 5.0
Good luck and enjoy your new car.

2016 5.0 Deep Impact Blue 300A pkg, New Orleans.
MODS: Roush axle-back exhaust, AEM DryFlow filter, Gloss Black PP wheels, Ford Racing Strut Brace.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I came from 11 camaro and the only thing I miss is the tremec vs my current getrag unfortunately. Coyote is definitely a better well rounded vehicle vs the camaro..

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Really Deki? Whoring out? The picture of my car next to the little electric kiddy car Camaro? So, what is the OP doing in this thread? The pictures that you post over there? Back to ignore bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post

Ironic comment coming from a Mustang owner that whores his car out on Camaro 5....just saying...

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
I had a 2011 2SS L99 Auto, you will have to tune it to turn the AFM off and also be ready to see ALOT of chips on the car and especially around the rear quarter panels. The paint on the car is VERY WEEK, go to Camaro5.com and you will find endless posts on there crappy paint job. In the end I do not regret trading my Camaro SS for a new 5.0
Good luck and enjoy your new car.
Thanks for the info. The AFM does not bother me and I do not plan on tuning. What bothered me was the 5.0 NEEDED a tune to feel right. I do not regret trading my 5.0 for the Camaro one bit. :p

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten
Apprentice

The AFM will bother you if you decide to get exhaust, it will sound like a 4 banger with out a tuner. I did add a tuner to Camaro and it was like getting a new car, I was really impressed on what a change it made to the car so I had to get a tuner on my 5.0

2016 5.0 Deep Impact Blue 300A pkg, New Orleans.
MODS: Roush axle-back exhaust, AEM DryFlow filter, Gloss Black PP wheels, Ford Racing Strut Brace.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

OK, this one`s done. OP- as I said- good luck with your new car, but we are not letting this thread hang around to become a shooting gallery target.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

U.S. Navy veteran 1964-1968
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page