My first JLT product: a black JLT oil separator - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Smile My first JLT product: a black JLT oil separator

I finally got a passenger-side JLT oil separator in my fat sausage fingers, and quickly installed it

Got it from a fellow forum member (on TMS) and it was a great transaction.

Looking forward to seeing how much accumulation I get in there.

Car just turned over 5500 miles, so it's a nice round number to keep track from

Install was quick, less than 5 minutes, without removing the engine cover (I just lifted up on it a little so I could see the end of the hose). I did almost burn myself on some hot pipe under there, so I'm glad I didn't do it by feel alone, and that I did look under there for the fitting.

Of course, I took pics

'13 Mustang GT. Sterling Gray, 6-spd man, Recaro seats, Track Pack. Ordered 6.6.12, born 7.25.12, mine 8.11.12. Steeda Sports, Koni Sports, 2.3L Whipple, 3.25" pulley, ID1000 injectors, JLT CAI, JDM tune. 591 RWHP, 505 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
Banned

Considering you bought it used, look to see if it has the plastic or aluminum fitting on the manifold side of the separator. The early ones have a plastic fitting (the straight one) on the manifold side that often breaks after time. The 90 deg fitting is also plastic but that one has not had any issues. If the fitting is aluminum you're good to go. If it is plastic, contact JLT and they will send you the new upgraded fitting.

I've also noticed that when the separator hoses get hot and relax, the separator rests on the radiator hose. So I tie wrapped a piece of rubber there for the separator to rest on.

I collect about 1 tablespoon of oil per 1K miles in my separator.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
Apprentice

I have one as well and I thought it was a great product. I've only had it on for about 1,800 miles (only have 2,500 total) so I haven't gotten around to checking in yet. Either way, the JLT looks great and with the stock fittings was a no brainer for me.

2013 Mustang GT - Black - 6MT - Vortech V3, Brembos, GT500/Lethal H, Bilstein HD/Steeda HD/Sports, BMR LCA/PHB, Lund

-------Previously-------
1997 Cobra Vert - Triple Black - lots of mods
1996 GT - Black - some mods
1988 GT - Black - no mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in