Need mods to help with power control - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

How would this translate to real world driving applications though? What do you mean because i have the two piece driveshaft I won't be able to notice anything? My car is very smooth with no clunks on decel or while cruising I can hear more road noise than my car on the highway.

Back on topic what does the lcas being off, or however tiny amount they are do? I haven't had any extra wheel hop, and I have accelerated a couple of times on bumpy roads knowingly to test the dampening with the sprigs and while there was wheel hop it was not bad at all and if anything was more controlled than stock. And it's winter time, stock with my 215 tires and stock springs I would wheel hop like crazy all the time. Now none of that is to be found, even with my lca being off like you say. I might get a pair soon though just to plant the rear even more.

Sorry to say but I think a lot of these things are just sold to make money off you. Your stock things, IMO, with a 1.5 inch drop or less, and good quality progressive rate springs, will hold up fine for at least 30k miles. Than you will need to buy the things you bought in the first place that won't be so good after 30k miles to begin with,if you did it "right" and gave the vendor your buying the things from 1k instead of 200 dollars. so why not use what you are currently paying every month for l, than buy new mods after your stock things wear out and need to replaced anyway.

Also, for me, it's more gratifying doing one mod at a time so I can see the cost and return for every mod I do individually. All just IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

What springs should a person purchase if one wanted to achieve a "perfect in-line" driveshaft angle with the 1/2" lower k-member? Prefer a linear rather than progressive since my application is street, autox and road course days.

To the OP: I do have a 3.7L mustang perf. pkg but sport shocks/struts cleaned up 75% of my body roll and muscle car suspension "slop", while keeping a fairly smooth ride. Maybe a set of nice struts/shocks is what you need rather than springs.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
How would this translate to real world driving applications though? What do you mean because i have the two piece driveshaft I won't be able to notice anything? My car is very smooth with no clunks on decel or while cruising I can hear more road noise than my car on the highway.

Back on topic what does the lcas being off, or however tiny amount they are do? I haven't had any extra wheel hop, and I have accelerated a couple of times on bumpy roads knowingly to test the dampening with the sprigs and while there was wheel hop it was not bad at all and if anything was more controlled than stock. And it's winter time, stock with my 215 tires and stock springs I would wheel hop like crazy all the time. Now none of that is to be found, even with my lca being off like you say. I might get a pair soon though just to plant the rear even more.

Sorry to say but I think a lot of these things are just sold to make money off you. Your stock things, IMO, with a 1.5 inch drop or less, and good quality progressive rate springs, will hold up fine for at least 30k miles. Than you will need to buy the things you bought in the first place that won't be so good after 30k miles to begin with,if you did it "right" and gave the vendor your buying the things from 1k instead of 200 dollars. so why not use what you are currently paying every month for l, than buy new mods after your stock things wear out and need to replaced anyway.

Also, for me, it's more gratifying doing one mod at a time so I can see the cost and return for every mod I do individually. All just IMO.

By not getting a relocation bracket for your lca's you're losing the bite your tires had before you lowered your car. That's why you have less wheelhop. The cv joint in your 2-piece DS is compensating for the incorrect pinion angle you've created by lowering the rear of your car. If you switch to a 1-piece DS w/o a cv joint, you'll have issues.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

Im with you for the most part, other than I will be getting adjustable UCA's and trying to set my pinion angle correctly. As for the lowers, brackets and UCA mounts, I will not be tracking my car enough to notice all this stuff. I will say that I do think matched shocks/struts make a huge difference after owning cars with just springs, and others with a matched set up.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bmr , mustang suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page